2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

23-14 as a head coach
1-1 vs. top 25 (a loss vs. #25 Oregon State in 2010, Oregon State finished 5-7 and unranked... a win @ #24 West Virginia who finished 10-3 and ranked #17)
has home losses to Marshall and Florida International
a "defensive" coach who just got 500 yards put on him en route to getting bobybagged by weak *** Syracuse...
they ain't beat NOBODY handily.
i realize he had to to make chicken soup outta chicken **** when he got there, but that's not exactly a super strong resume.
the biggest lose in 3 years was the syracues game, in 3 years he has had his team in EVERY GAME with a shot to win expect 1.o wow you going to put one game against him because syracues put 500 yards on him? A&M ran all over bama that means saban cant coach Defense anymore? he turned a dog **** program around and getting recurits in, add in he was recruiting at an elite level also at florida when he was there.

for a 1st time coach building his way up that resume is just fine. UK would do back flips if they could hire strong

for years now insiders have said peterson dream job is one of the pac12 schools but he has passed on chances at UCLA,USC and stanford. most think is oregon.

Last edited:
his 9 wins this season have came against teams with a combined record of 33-62. only two teams with actual winning records.

they should be in every game, they don't play NOBODY!

A&M is a good team with a Heisman candidate... Syracuse is not.

yes, he's doing a great job as a first time head coach... at Louisville.

but like I said, take the hot name off that resume... does a program like Tennessee do back flips over that?

and I'm very unimpressed that someone could recruit at an elite level at ******g Florida.

and with all that being said... i want this mother ****** Strong out of my damn city.

No team in the Big Ten will leave the Big Ten for another conference.

As another poster said, some think it's all a big money play to later make a big pitch to North Carolina down the road. Considering BTN is apart of Fox and Fox bought the YES network the B1G coverage could stretch from the whole modest to the Northeast through the DMV. Those are major dollars & Jim Delany is no fool. Not saying that's how it will happen but it's just a theory, I mean he is the one who jumped off realignment a few years ago.

Maybe they Re trying to dip into espn's overall reach of CFB.

barkely not playing....kiffin prob not playing him as an excuse in case they get beat

Damn, bro you got it all figured out.

for years now insiders have said peterson dream job is one of the pac12 schools but he has passed on chances at UCLA,USC and stanford. most think is oregon.

Don't think Stanford or USC ever courted Peterson. Don't know about UCLA. Even then the rumor isn't a Pac 12 school, but a Pac 12 school in the PNW

barkely not playing....kiffin prob not playing him as an excuse in case they get beat

Damn, bro you got it all figured out.

Don't think Stanford or USC ever courted Peterson. Don't know about UCLA. Even then the rumor isn't a Pac 12 school, but a Pac 12 school in the PNW

Yep, that's what I read last offseason when we were pursuing Peterson. Everyone is guessing Oregon is his dream job, and I can't see why Oregon wouldn't pursue if Chip leaves in the next couple years or so.

Jason carr, Robert Nkemdiche and David Kamara to Ole Miss...
sick.gif
Plus Liggins might be eligible for them too...

Did they say what Barkley's injury is? Or is it possible that Kiffin pulls a "JK Barkleys playing LOL." on Saturday. I sort of don't put it past Kiffin, not that I'd mind.

Is the ACC the only conference to give trophy's to teams who didn't even win their side of the division or participate in the Championship game?

A8EiWhECEAAVEIj.jpg:large

Charlie Strong got a white wife, too. :lol:
he also hasn't beat anybody worth a ****.

take Charlie Strong's name off that resume... then tell me what you think.

his 9 wins this season have came against teams with a combined record of 33-62. only two teams with actual winning records.
they should be in every game, they don't play NOBODY!
A&M is a good team with a Heisman candidate... Syracuse is not.
yes, he's doing a great job as a first time head coach... at Louisville.
but like I said, take the hot name off that resume... does a program like Tennessee do back flips over that?

and I'm very unimpressed that someone could recruit at an elite level at ******g Florida.
and with all that being said... i want this mother ****** Strong out of my damn city.

I wasn't aware we had Klan members on this board.

Guess you missed the situation where his white wife was brought up re: Auburn a couple years back? Clearly what the reference was to

He wants him gone cause he knows Lousiville is gonna beat UK's *** in football as long as he's there :lol:

Guess you missed the situation where his white wife was brought up re: Auburn a couple years back? Clearly what the reference was to
He wants him gone cause he knows Lousiville is gonna beat UK's *** in football as long as he's there :lol:

Figured that was the case, he sounds like an idiot though.

Kentucky has never been good at football, dunno why he's crying. :lol:

23-14 as a head coach
1-1 vs. top 25 (a loss vs. #25 Oregon State in 2010, Oregon State finished 5-7 and unranked... a win @ #24 West Virginia who finished 10-3 and ranked #17)
has home losses to Marshall and Florida International
a "defensive" coach who just got 500 yards put on him en route to getting bobybagged by weak *** Syracuse...
they ain't beat NOBODY handily.

i realize he had to to make chicken soup outta chicken **** when he got there, but that's not exactly a super strong resume.
Syracuse would roll over Kentucky.
RT@McMurphyESPN: Maryland's board of regents unanimously approves move to Big Ten, source tells @ESPN
Announcement at 3 PM EST. Their other sports are going to be hurt by this. Yeah it gets you out of a deficit but it will affect your recruiting especially in Lacrosse and Basketball which is the school's bread and butter, not football although it drives the bus. Shame. Its all about money.

Last edited:
Is the ACC the only conference to give trophy's to teams who didn't even win their side of the division or participate in the Championship game?
A8EiWhECEAAVEIj.jpg:large
I believe Iowa State got a trophy in 04 or  for being "co-champions" of the North. 

Announcement at 3 PM EST. Their other sports are going to be hurt by this. Yeah it gets you out of a deficit but it will affect your recruiting especially in Lacrosse and Basketball which is the school's bread and butter, not football although it drives the bus. Shame. Its all about money.

UMD Lax will still play a lot of the teams they did while in the ACC. This is a move that could get the Big 10's act together for an actual lax conference. I don't think this will hurt recruiting or revenue. UMD has a good reputation.

Yes, this is a football based move to get help get Terps athletics out of the red, but recruiting kids to play for UMD (while being a big 10) isn't going to hurt all that much. Only thing that suffers is the tradition of playing in the ACC -which does suck.

They would?

Yes, this is a football based move to get help get Terps athletics out of the red, but recruiting kids to play for UMD (while being a big 10) isn't going to hurt all that much. Only thing that suffers is the tradition of playing in the ACC -which does suck.

I do think there will be some impact on UMD football recruting, or at least there is the possibility for an impact since there aren't as many games that are as easily accessable for their families as there was in the ACC.

Last edited:

UMD Lax will still play a lot of the teams they did while in the ACC. This is a move that could get the Big 10's act together for an actual lax conference. I don't think this will hurt recruiting or revenue. UMD has a good reputation.

No they won't. They'll be able to schedule SOME of them and its yet to be seen how the ACC as a whole reacts to the move. They'll have to adhere to the Big Ten's ****** LAX schedule. Going to a conference affected Syracuse LAX which was an independent before they joined the Big East which was weaker and hurt their SOS. The Big Ten getting their act together in LAX isn't going to happen overnight and there's no growth in the Midwest compared to the West Coast and PNW. MD LAX is going to be hurt by this in the immediate future. You possibly lose Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Virginia as conference games. You still have to schedule OOC competition.

Mark Turgeon left the Big XII due to the fact that he didn't want to be at a football school in a football conference. Now he's back in a football conference and has to figure out how to get to kids who wanted to play on the East Coast and in the ACC.

Part of the Maryland move was because Notre Dame was allowed to join the ACC as a partial member. Officially two conferences they've wrecked.

This move does NOTHING for Rutgers. Clearly about the money.

Last edited:
Maryland to the Big Ten. Wonder if this makes FSU want to leave as well, they voted against the raising of the exit fee as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom