2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Where would FSU go?

They not about that SEC life

I would like to see FSU & Miami in the SEC tho

and who would the ACC add? Uconn

for basketball that will be a crazy conference Uconn, UNC, & Duke all in one conference :smh:

the ACC needs to get some big football programs they messed up when not getting Notre Dame

they should shoot for some Texas schools

FSU and Clemson for that matter can compete in the SEC and regionally it just makes too much sense. But you are probably right.

Rutgers also set to make move to Big 10 this week.

No they won't. They'll be able to schedule SOME of them and its yet to be seen how the ACC as a whole reacts to the move. They'll have to adhere to the Big Ten's ****** LAX schedule. Going to a conference hurt Syracuse LAX which was an independent before they joined the Big East which was weaker and hurt their SOS. The Big Ten getting their act together in LAX isn't going to happen overnight and there's no growth in the Midwest compared to the West Coast and PNW. MD LAX is going to be hurt by this in the immediate future. You possibly lose Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Virginia as conference games. You still have to schedule OOC competition.

Mark Turgeon left the Big XII due to the fact that he didn't want to be at a football school in a football conference. Now he's back in a football conference and has to figure out how to get to kids who wanted to play on the East Coast and in the ACC.

Hate to break it to you, but the Big Ten doesn't have a LAX Conference. Michigan plays in the ECAC. At this time the other Big Ten members of the ECAC include, get ready for it... Ohio State. Thats it. Penn State plays in the CAA. Maryland LAX is not joining a garbage conference because one doesn't exist. The Big Ten LAX conference is probably 15-20 years out. MD is a regular LAX member of the ACC until then.

If Turgeon doesn't want to be a football coach in a football conference, fire him. Whats the point then? It hasn't exactly produced anything of substance yet.

I don't think the ACC would have accepted the ND partial joining w/o the understanding that ND will eventually join the conference full time for football. But perhaps I'm giving them too much credit

:lol: @ FSU not being about that 'SEC' life though

Last edited:
Just have 4, 16 team conferences and when the playoffs start in a couple years the entire season will essentially be a playoff anyway.

FSU and Clemson to SEC
Maryland, Rutgers and two more to B1G
Boise St. and BYU to Pac-12
Combine what's left of ACC an Big 12

Sound good?

No they won't. They'll be able to schedule SOME of them and its yet to be seen how the ACC as a whole reacts to the move. They'll have to adhere to the Big Ten's ****** LAX schedule. Going to a conference hurt Syracuse LAX which was an independent before they joined the Big East which was weaker and hurt their SOS. The Big Ten getting their act together in LAX isn't going to happen overnight and there's no growth in the Midwest compared to the West Coast and PNW. MD LAX is going to be hurt by this in the immediate future. You possibly lose Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Virginia as conference games. You still have to schedule OOC competition.

Mark Turgeon left the Big XII due to the fact that he didn't want to be at a football school in a football conference. Now he's back in a football conference and has to figure out how to get to kids who wanted to play on the East Coast and in the ACC.
Hate to break it to you, but the Big Ten doesn't have a LAX Conference. Michigan plays in the ECAC. At this time the other Big Ten members of the ECAC include, get ready for it... Ohio State. Thats it. Penn State plays in the CAA. Maryland LAX is not joining a garbage conference because one doesn't exist. The Big Ten LAX conference is probably 15-20 years out. MD is a regular LAX member of the ACC until then.

If Turgeon doesn't want to be a football coach in a football conference, fire him. Whats the point then? It hasn't exactly produced anything of substance yet.
That makes no sense at all if you choose to leave a conference.

Big Ten guys feeling themselves today. You added two ****** programs. Congrats. Overestimating Rutgers' footprint in NYC. Syracuse and UConn are bigger in NYC than Rutgers is even when their football program was in BCS contention and brought out the bandwagon.

Last edited:
They would?
I do think there will be some impact on UMD football recruting, or at least there is the possibility for an impact since there aren't as many games that are as easily accessable for their families as there was in the ACC.

Dre, a big problem UMD has had in the past was losing area athletes to Illinois and Penn State. The move to the B1G will help in the long term. It's not a rivalry (obviously), but think about how nuts it's going to be (and the money generated) when schools like Michigan and Ohio State come to Byrd for games? I do agree about the accessability for the families of UMD players making trips to various B1G schools, but I don't think that would be a deterrant (sp?) for a kid choosing to go to UMD.

No they won't. They'll be able to schedule SOME of them and its yet to be seen how the ACC as a whole reacts to the move. They'll have to adhere to the Big Ten's ****** LAX schedule. Going to a conference affected Syracuse LAX which was an independent before they joined the Big East which was weaker and hurt their SOS. The Big Ten getting their act together in LAX isn't going to happen overnight and there's no growth in the Midwest compared to the West Coast and PNW. MD LAX is going to be hurt by this in the immediate future. You possibly lose Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Virginia as conference games. You still have to schedule OOC competition.

Part of the Maryland move was because Notre Dame was allowed to join the ACC as a partial member. Officially two conferences they've wrecked.

This move does NOTHING for Rutgers. Clearly about the money.

Big 10 doesn't have LAX. Ohio State plays teams out of the ACC. UMD will be doing the same thing. Like I was saying...this is going to (eventually) make a lacrosse conference in the B1G down the road.

*As far as basketball, who's to say that the B1G won't be as good or better than the ACC down the line?

Agreed (except for the firing part :lol: )

With the way conferences are shifting, not wanting to coach in a football conference for turgeon was a bit unrealistic. He should have taken a job at a school that doesn't have D1 football like St. Johns, Depaul, Providence, etc if that was the case.

Last edited:
So other than preseason rankings, is there a reason Florida is ranked behind Alabama?

Don't get me wrong, I know Florida has looked pretty bad lately, but their resume is much more impressive. Wins over #7 and #12 at home and #9 on the road with a neutral field loss to #3...compared to Bama's win over #7 on the road and #19 neutral site with a home loss to #9...

Our offense is deplorable, Bama's "pedigree" and the fact that we've looked like **** for the better part of 4 weeks now. Defense is tops with anyone in the country though. If we beat FSU though in Tally, there won't be a team in the country with a better resume (save ND if they win) than the Gators, but that will be a tall task within itself, especially if Driskel doesn't suit up.

I think Bama is the much better team and would beat Florida, but I think Florida should be ranked ahead of them right now based on the resumes.

I guess this just goes back to something that I've always kind of hated (preseason rankings).

Last edited:
Chances are probably pretty good for the 4 super conferences

SEC
Pac-whatever
B1G
Big 12

ACC will totally get blown up and I laugh at where ever ND ends up. Probably Big 12.

SEC - FSU, Clemson
B1G - UVA, GaTech
Big 12 - UNC, ND, VaTech, Miami, Pitt, and maybe a Duke or L'ville type team? (Splitting up the 4 carolina basketball schools will get messy)
Pac - Boise/BYU sounds fine to me.

Soooo....yall want Florida to be ranked number 3 ? I think yall are fine right where yall are...although Alabama has had a cupcake schedule (said this at the start of the season) the teams they should have beat they have dominated (LSU exception..they should've won that game) Florida has looked poor on offense against teams they shouldve killed..and I guess that's all that matters

I just think based on what's been done this season, Florida and Georgia both can make better cases for that #2 spot than Bama to this point. I do think Bama is the best team out of the three, so it doesn't really bother me that much that they're ranked ahead of the other two.

Just trying to get some discussion going on a slow Monday at the office.

Eh, based on eye test Bama is the best one loss team. Resume' UF is. UGA beat us in Jax which is the only reason they are ranked where they are now talk about cupcake schedules (one ranked team beaten all season). Dawgs will have there chance against Bama though in a couple weeks to see how good they are. If they somehow win that game, I'd love another shot at them in Miami if it works out that way.

Eh, based on eye test Bama is the best one loss team. Resume' UF is. UGA beat us in Jax which is the only reason they are ranked where they are now talk about cupcake schedules (one ranked team beaten all season). Dawgs will have there chance against Bama though in a couple weeks to see how good they are. If they somehow win that game, I'd love another shot at them in Miami if it works out that way.

We just play our schedule...but a rematch between us is very likely...I don't expect Aaron Murray to stink it up this next go round if it happens :smile:

I don't expect us to have 6 turnovers again either if that happens. :tongue: Largest cocktail party ever in SB. I'm down.

^
Notre Dame gotta lose 1st

Kiffin has something up his sleeve I know

this is his lime light and spot light time to shine.....if they win this game its HUGE for them as a school, team, & Kiffin as a coach

imagine the press conference with him if they win

it will be pure comedy

USC fans do yall think yall have a realistic shot?

If Pitt can hold ND to a overtime game im sure there is some light yall can win

No way Boise State and BYU are on the radar :lol:. The Big XII is going to get plundered when it's all said and done.

Miami self sanctions once again.

Back
Top Bottom