2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

If ND loses this weekend...man Im gonna be pissed.

Really nott tryna see Sec vs Sec again.

I honestly don't either, really wanted to see Oregon play for the chip.. But F that, not at the expense of the Gators.. And whoever wins the SEC chip game is in automatically

I do. It's CFB and they have studs on the offensive side of the ball - anything can happen.

Agreed. Crazier things have happened.

In transfer news, Oregon RFr WR Devon Blackmon is transferring. Not surprising really. Guy never cracked the lineup and saw others like DAT, BJ Kelley, Bralon Addison, and others crack the lineup and he got pushed out. Had some injury problems last year but will be a good get for wherever he goes.

ah yes.... i'm a bitter UK idiot and member of the Klan because I just posted a few facts breaking down his W/L record a bit and didn't even say he sucks. :lol:

sure, he may do even better given the keys to the Tennessee program rather than the Louisville program. but tell me one big game that he's won? his last recruiting class would rank 2nd to last in the SEC... ahead of only Kentucky.

this Louisville team goes 6-6 against UK or Tennessee's schedule, 7-5 at best.

He wants him gone cause he knows Lousiville is gonna beat UK's *** in football as long as he's there :lol:
not when we hire Bill Cowher or Sean Payton. :pimp:

ah yes.... i'm a bitter UK idiot and member of the Klan because I just posted a few facts breaking down his W/L record a bit and didn't even say he sucks. :lol:
sure, he may do even better given the keys to the Tennessee program rather than the Louisville program. but tell me one big game that he's won? his last recruiting class would rank 2nd to last in the SEC... ahead of only Kentucky.
not when we hire Bill Cowher or Sean Payton. :pimp:

Sorry man, Kentucky will always be an SEC doormat.

Haven't had a winning SEC season since late 70s correct?

Stewart Mandel (SI) finally touching on the genius that is the SEC's strategy to the title game...

Regarding realignment, I think the four conferences that stand at the end are the Big Ten, SEC, Pac 16 and the ACC (Although it will look drastically different).

Stewart Mandel (SI) finally touching on the genius that is the SEC's strategy to the title game...

Regarding realignment, I think the four conferences that stand at the end are the Big Ten, SEC, Pac 16 and the ACC (Although it will look drastically different).

Yeah, the SEC strategy maybe controversial but it really is a genius plan.

Saying that favorable scheduling & major media has played a big part of the SEC climbing back into the NC picture.

Well Florida didn't look too dominant Saturday and they are eyeing a trip to Miami if Notre Dame screws up.

People STILL discredit the SEC? This is a real thing? :x :lol:

I don't see how SC takes down Notre Dame's defense without Barkley when even with Barkley they can't beat UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, or Arizona????? :x I know any given "Saturday" but that's a stretch. SC has beaten NOBODY this season, now has to take on a legit defense with a tough QB that finds a way to make plays, and without their QB?

Ches, Funk, with us stepping out of a bowl game for the 2nd year in a row, you guys are going to play in your bowl again. Is Oregon trying to piss off the NCAA or they just rather garner all the money/exposure they can, and deal with the consequences after the fact? We clearly are trying to get as low a penalty as we can get, you guys are gonna get smacked, what are you guys hearing down there?

My opinion...

Overall, the SEC is the best conference year in and year out BUT, and I really don't have any bias, I've seen enough of Florida & UGA to be surprised that they're really the #3 & 4 teams in the country. Maybe overall things are down this year and it's just that there aren't any true standout or elite teams for 2012 (I don't think my school is, I'm not making it about that).

Maybe I've just seen the wrong 4-5 games of UGA & UF but possible National Champions? I don't see it at all. I think some of it is an SEC bias...UGA only beat UF and got demolished by SCar, at least UF will have beaten LSU, Scar & FSU to be in that position but watching them, I'm not that impressed. Once again, I have nothing at all against them or their fans, I think they're a very good but not great team. The FSU game at Doak might change my mind.

Ches, Funk, with us stepping out of a bowl game for the 2nd year in a row, you guys are going to play in your bowl again. Is Oregon trying to piss off the NCAA or they just rather garner all the money/exposure they can, and deal with the consequences after the fact? We clearly are trying to get as low a penalty as we can get, you guys are gonna get smacked, what are you guys hearing down there?
miami is the only one that is doing that. UNC still played its bowl game when they knew the NCAA was after them, USC,ohio state and oregon,boise state did the same. you cant tell me if miami was in the running for a BCS bowl they would step out the way. miami is steping out the way because they wouldnt make a profit going to a sorry *** bowl game. they wouldnt turn down a 20 million dollar pay day from a BCS bowl game. classic example is ohio state in the sugar bowl
ah yes.... i'm a bitter UK idiot and member of the Klan because I just posted a few facts breaking down his W/L record a bit and didn't even say he sucks.
laugh.gif

not when we hire Bill Cowher or Sean Payton.
pimp.gif
who cares is the point. he is building up his coaching resume the way you should from coaching under urban at Florida and been an elite recurter there to getting a HC job at a mid major i guess you can say and turning them back around. he is getting players out of miami to play for him, you telling me if he gets into a big program he will have trouble recruting? you think he cant coach defense? go look back at his days at USCe and florida and tell me he cant?

your nitpicking at small ****

Sounds like Pac 12 is still after Texas & Oklahoma as well.
not really the rest of the big12 had a chance to jump ship and leave texas alone but didnt. if texas wants to stay in the big12 then the conference will always be alive

Look at Texas and ask yourself why they would want to leave the Big XII..

Nobody left in that conference has the balls or power to leave on their own. Texas is the puppet master. A&M was the last school with the power/will to do anything on their own.

Lequon Treadwell said his top five are Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oklahoma St, Michigan, and Michigan St. in that order in a interview after his game this weekend.

Look at Texas and ask yourself why they would want to leave the Big XII..

Nobody left in that conference has the balls or power to leave on their own. Texas is the puppet master. A&M was the last school with the power/will to do anything on their own.
exactly they wont leave

i said it 2 years ago tho and will say it again i have zero idea why OU doesnt stand on there own with this. they have the money,power and support to do whatever they want like A&M did

exactly they wont leave

i said it 2 years ago tho and will say it again i have zero idea why OU doesnt stand on there own with this. they have the money,power and support to do whatever they want like A&M did

BigXII is letting everything play out and then will react, there is interest in FSU and Louisville or worst case Houston and Cincy to join the conference. OU also just got their own sports network. OU also knows that when UT and them are packaged together it equals much more money. President Boren also has strong ties to our instate little brother and we most likely wouldn't move unless they could tag along. Going to the Big10 would not bring in as much revenue as the deal we currently have now.

In addition to what I posted was the issue of the LHN and how most conferences didn't want to deal with that fiasco. Ultimately OU stayed as a result of their own network and revised TV deals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom