2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Treadwell saying OU is in the lead and hasn't even taken an OV yet because of two playoff games...once he comes he's going to sign.

Next year's WRs if Stills comes back (although he may go pro) could be lethal.....Stills, Saunders, Shepard, Metoyer, Neal, Reynolds, Treadwell, Woods, Bester

Last edited:
I was going to say that OU probably understands how useful their partnership is with UT. Together they make much more money than alone.

Treadwell saying OU is in the lead and hasn't even taken an OV yet because of two playoff games...once he comes he's going to sign.
Next year's WRs if Stills comes back (although he may go pro) could be lethal.....Stills, Saunders, Shepard, Metoyer, Neal, Reynolds, Treadwell, Woods, Bester

Can Blake Bell throw?

For all we know the PAC 12 turned down OU/OSU last year and those schools have no intentions on going to the SEC.

So I ask where would Oklahoma go? For everything we know as long as Texas is on board their will be a Big 12 conference just as as long as North Carolina is on board their will always be a ACC conference.

yea, it has nothing to do with dominant defenses and players.

People STILL discredit the SEC? This is a real thing? :x :lol:

Ain't nobody discrediting the SEC you dummies...

Just saying how their strategy is genius and all other conferences have yet to figure out the formula. It takes more than a great team to go undefeated. SEC has figured out, why schedule tough OOC's when you don't have to, there's nothing to gain and there's a lot to lose.

For all we know the PAC 12 turned down OU/OSU last year and those schools have no intentions on going to the SEC.

Oklahoma schools tried to join anyway, they want no part of the Longhorn Network. Pac 12 didn't want the Oklahoma schools without Texas. If realignment continues, Texas will have little choice.

The aTm sceneario is already a disaster, the fact they ended the rivalry. Texas has clout but why keep holding up a fledgling conference, might as well go independent.

Big XII is alive because Texas insisted on running their own network and the Pac 12 told OU and OSU... no thanks (for now).

Last edited:

Looks that way. Uncle joining the coaching staff or whatever pretty much sealed the deal. He hasn't taken a visit to Okie St. either right?

Just saying how their strategy is genius and all other conferences have yet to figure out the formula. It takes more than a great team to go undefeated. SEC has figured out, why schedule tough OOC's when you don't have to, there's nothing to gain and there's a lot to lose.

Other conferences and coaches know the formula just just aren't in a position to be able to do that, due to the relative strength of all the other members in the conference. SEC teams can due it due to how strong the Conference is viewed overall.

Everyone knows the formula but they don't all have the materials. I'm sure Urban will try it out @ O$U

What is all this schedule tough OOC crap? The fact of the matter is, when they face someone, be it bowl game, or OOC, they get the win. Been this way FOR YEARS. I don't get how the SEC hasn't earned enough respect from everybody in the way they have torn down and dismantled all comers in BCS games the past decade. What ******g more do you all want?

And on top of that ,they stock the NFL shelf full of talent, solid talent, not just random warm bodies.

You actin like other conferences play these ridiculous schedules or some nonsense. To me, winning games within the SEC > beating somebody from the Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12, etc. Why play tough games outside when their are much tougher games to win in your own damn conference? Seems like sour grapes to me.

If Alabama had to face Cal, Wash, Wash St, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Arizona St, Oregon St and UCLA (typically) for 7 weeks, then yeah, I could see them needing to step out. Since they don't get that schedule, I'm fine with them calling it good by just beating teams in the SEC only. Long as they pay it off with a bowl win, in convincing fashion (and they usually do, as do the others) then what's the problem?

What is the MO on Oklahoma? Win games in conference, get to title or BCS game, get drilled. Big game Bob. Ohio St? Weak Big 10, gets drilled come bowl time. Oregon lately? Owns the Pac 12, their biggest win is Wisconsin, last year.

What SEC teams go 11-0 11-1 and then get drilled in their bowl game? It's happened, what, 2-3 times over the past decade? TOTAL, for the conference, not just one team. :lol:

What is all this schedule tough OOC crap? The fact of the matter is, when they face someone, be it bowl game, or OOC, they get the win. Been this way FOR YEARS. I don't get how the SEC hasn't earned enough respect from everybody in the way they have torn down and dismantled all comers in BCS games the past decade. What ******g more do you all want?
And on top of that ,they stock the NFL shelf full of talent, solid talent, not just random warm bodies.
You actin like other conferences play these ridiculous schedules or some nonsense. To me, winning games within the SEC > beating somebody from the Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12, etc. Why play tough games outside when their are much tougher games to win in your own damn conference? Seems like sour grapes to me.
If Alabama had to face Cal, Wash, Wash St, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Arizona St, Oregon St and UCLA (typically) for 7 weeks, then yeah, I could see them needing to step out. Since they don't get that schedule, I'm fine with them calling it good by just beating teams in the SEC only. Long as they pay it off with a bowl win, in convincing fashion (and they usually do, as do the others) then what's the problem?
What is the MO on Oklahoma? Win games in conference, get to title or BCS game, get drilled. Big game Bob. Ohio St? Weak Big 10, gets drilled come bowl time. Oregon lately? Owns the Pac 12, their biggest win is Wisconsin, last year.
What SEC teams go 11-0 11-1 and then get drilled in their bowl game? It's happened, what, 2-3 times over the past decade? TOTAL, for the conference, not just one team. :lol:

well said

and im a die hard Oregon fan

That makes no sense at all if you choose to leave a conference.

Big Ten guys feeling themselves today. You added two ****** programs. Congrats. Overestimating Rutgers' footprint in NYC. Syracuse and UConn are bigger in NYC than Rutgers is even when their football program was in BCS contention and brought out the bandwagon.

The more I think about i, adding UMD for basketball is a solid, solid move. The B1G was the best basketball conference last year and will be again this year. IU, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan are tops this year. Wisky, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa, and Northwestern (it'll happen someday) all have legit shots to make it to the dance too. Illinois is down, but not for long with Chicago as their recruiting base. Penn State and Nebraska are pretty bad. UMD immediately moves into the Michigan, Wisky, Purdue, Illinois group of pretty much automatic tournament considerations. Annually that is 8/14 solid bball teams.

Football wise though, meh. Rutgers' fan base might not be as big as Cuse and UConn, but that move was purely about the BTN. Arguably you're probably getting more viewership from a team like Rutgers in the biggest metropolitan area in America than you would be by adding a team from the corn belt. I don't know the numbers, but it would be interesting to see what kind of viewership numbers Rutgers could put up against Nebraska. It would be interesting it Cuse is included in the next round of expansion. Would it to be fair to say that the metro area would be at least 50% B1G and 50% ND/other allegiances?

Teams like Michigan and Ohio State coming to play away games at UMD/Rutgers are immediate sellouts too, regardless of how they are performing. There are enough alumni in those markets to even push up the resale value.

And OU is now starting their own network. Not saying they won't cross that avenue again should the situation come up but as on now there is no reason for Oklahoma to leave the Big 12. All of the small schools who bring nothing to that conference got their big money.

The big 12 is not as shaky as you make it seem.

Florida State's president says the ACC is "strong" but will keep an eye on the Maryland fee situation. All signs point to them leaving next if its reasonable.

Coach K, the face of the ACC, is worried about the future of the conference and thought that each school could have done something different regarding the partial membership of Notre Dame which is why MD wanted to leave in addition to finances.

And OU is now starting their own network. Not saying they won't cross that avenue again should the situation come up but as on now there is no reason for Oklahoma to leave the Big 12. All of the small schools who bring nothing to that conference got their big money.

I agree. The "southern" divide is very real. There is no way that Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas teams join a "northern" conference. Like Gunna said, Obama may be President... These teams also won't join the SEC because its come one, come all type deal. That leaves the Pac-whatever as only possible destination and I don't think they have the room anymore. The last man out is going to be the ACC with some valuable pieces in Clemson, Miami, UNC, Va Tech, etc.

Florida State's president says the ACC is "strong" but will keep an eye on the Maryland fee situation. All signs point to them leaving next if its reasonable.
Coach K, the face of the ACC, is worried about the future of the conference and thought that each school could have done something different regarding the partial membership of Notre Dame which is why MD wanted to leave in addition to finances.

ACC should go after Boise St

work something with Notre Dame and getting them to join in Football

That would help the conference

so texas getting big money and everyone else getting crap is know more now?

even after getting TCU and WVU isnt the big12 still behind the SEC,pac12 and Big10 in money each school gets? each team in those conferences get a between 15-25 million a year and its a even split all around.

what A&M and nebraska left for because texas wanted a bigger pot and everyone else get a smaller amount.

you cant lose 4 teams in 3 years and think your conference is not shaky. maybe things changed from 2 years ago when texas saved the conference

And schools like A&M and Nebraska were getting the big money when the B12 had unequal revenue sharing. Those schools voted voted right along with Texas on basically everything. LHN didn't chase off Neb, A&M CU or MU. Those schools have been trying to get in those conferences for YEARS with the exception of Missouri because they originally wanted in the Big Ten.

Nebraska had been wanting to separate themselves from th old Big 8 schools since the 80s, same with Missouri. Colorado had been wanting into the old PAC 10 when the original Big 8 formed with the SWC. A&M had been wanting to join the SEC since the demise of the SWC. When realignment jumped off in 2010 that opportunity was as big as ever for those teams to separate themselves from their situations to get what they wanted and they got it.

Sure Texas has much blame in what the b12 has become but so do those other schools as well. Plus the new revenue deal guarantees every school in the conference 20 million and that's not including 3rd tier rights which schools get to make on their own, the same 3rd tier rights Florida State were fighting the ACC over.

While the big 12 may not be the revenue giant that Big Ten is, or the west coast monster the Pac 12 is or the media hype train the SEC is as of today the Big 12 is stable and no teams are looking to leave.

The "OU" network :lol:... wait a minute... :lol:

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction and a future money pit.

Anyway, funny when you try to give credit to the SEC people think you are discrediting it. It takes more than the on-field product to rise to prominence like the SEC has done in the past decade and a half. It started at the top, and it has come to fruition on the field. So yeah, it's all about defense :lol:.

Success doesn't begin in the assembly line :wink:

That being said, if this "playoff" is going to succeed more intersectional games will have to be played along with a uniform number of conference games, otherwise it will be seen as a joke. So yeah, it's all about the defense.

I'm giving tons of credit to the SEC.

Oh yeah, CP, I could not care less about the other Pac 12 scrubs, SEC wasn't touching us under Pete... They was shook, :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe you're not meaning to come off this way, but the "credit" you're giving to the SEC seems awfully full of backhanded compliments...

And nobody in the Big 12 is looking to leave because, outside of OU and UT, none of those schools have much value to present to any other conference. A bunch of spare parts there...

I'm with IronMan on the need for a uniform 9-game schedule across the board. TAMU got screwed and had to end up scheduling South Carolina St. this year because they lost a conference game between this year and last year. I also wouldn't mind seeing some sort of rule that you have to play at least a neutral site (more preferably a road game) OOC game to be eligible for the playoffs. No more of this 8 or 9 game home schedule crap.

Last edited:
People STILL discredit the SEC? This is a real thing? :x :lol:
I don't see how SC takes down Notre Dame's defense without Barkley when even with Barkley they can't beat UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, or Arizona????? :x I know any given "Saturday" but that's a stretch. SC has beaten NOBODY this season, now has to take on a legit defense with a tough QB that finds a way to make plays, and without their QB?
Ches, Funk, with us stepping out of a bowl game for the 2nd year in a row, you guys are going to play in your bowl again. Is Oregon trying to piss off the NCAA or they just rather garner all the money/exposure they can, and deal with the consequences after the fact? We clearly are trying to get as low a penalty as we can get, you guys are gonna get smacked, what are you guys hearing down there?

I don't even know what to think about the situation. it's been almost two years since the original Yahoo! Sports story broke. Haven't heard anything in awhile and everything I've heard just makes it seem like they'll get a slap on the hand more than anything else.

Former ACC commish Gene Corrigan: "Has anybody ever wanted Rutgers? I don’t mean to put them down, but has anybody ever wanted them?"
Bob Ryan said something similar about the market being overestimated. As a Jersey native, he said at best you get the Trenton market.

Former ACC commish Gene Corrigan: "Has anybody ever wanted Rutgers? I don’t mean to put them down, but has anybody ever wanted them?"
original.gif

[h1]College football realignment turns to Mountain West, Boise State[/h1]
By Jeremy Fowler | College Football Insider

November 19, 2012 8:32 pm EST

Perhaps it wouldn't be another round of realignment without the Mounatin West, which has talked with Boise State, BYU and San Diego State about rejoining the league, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

ESPN's Brett McMurphy first reported the news. SDSU has since notified the San Diego Union-Tribune it's sticking with the Big East, which is trying to negotiate a television contract with ESPN, NBC and others while Rutgers flees to the Big Ten. Must be difficult to strike a deal when you might not know who's playing in your league next year.

More Big East defections could follow, but it's unclear at this point who's serious about leaving. Up to four Big East schools have talked with the ACC about replacing Maryland, which also joined the Big Ten.

The Mountain West is looking to re-up a television contract with CBS that runs until 2016. A potential Boise/BYU reunion might help negotiations for the MWC. And the league is smart to re-engage with these schools because of the familiarity involved. But if the Mountain West can't increase its television portfolio, it will be hard to do more than flirt.

The league is scheduled to lose Boise and SDSU after this year while picking up Utah State and San Jose State, which have won nine games apiece this season.

Back
Top Bottom