2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

ONLY reason Charles Woodson won it is because he wasnt just a defensive player

Johnny Football should win hands down

Manziel deserves the Heisman. Simple as that.

I just hope the old farts vote for a freshman. Hate that "he's a freshman, they can't win the Heisman" crap.

Lane Kiffin lost any kind of chance Marquise Lee had at the Heisman who up into this game to me the best player in the country.

Even though I don't think te'o should even be a candidate, I think he has more than a gold chance of winning it after tonight. ESPN did a good enough job of campaigning for him over the week.

ND isn't winning against Georgia or Bama, and IMO, it won't even be close.
My guess is Bama rolls in Atlanta. Bama will eat Golson alive. ND scored 22 points on an SC defense that gave up 62 points to Oregon. Sure, ND has solid D unit, but it won't matter if your O can't score points. I'm thinking at least 14 point victory in the BCSNC for Bama.
I'm looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl. Kind of ironic that Oregon will play KSU (provided they beat Texas). It will most likely be Chip Kelly's final game as HC at Oregon. That has me really bummed.

Funny how much everyone is really sleeping on Notre Dame. Its easy to look dominant when the majority of your teams are super weak.
Notre Dames Opponents total combined w/l record = 79-62 Alabama's opponents combined w/l record 70-72 (doesn't include Georgia whom they haven't played yet)

Oh and while were at it lets throw Georgia in there, their opponents total combined w/l record is 71-71 (not including Alabama)

Its easy to be a top team every year when your playing a weak schedule, and the numbers speak for themselves, Notre Dame played the tougher schedule hands down.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how the voters respond to this...there are two clear top candidates for it (Manziel and Te'o), and they both belong to groups that the voters don't want to give the trophy to.

I say give it to Manziel :pimp:

Some guys in here, mainly Oregon fans, have a bout 0 clue about anything. Someone even said Notre Dame is not a top 5 team? Lol.

They beat a top 8 Oklahoma away, Stanford (who beat Oregon mind you) and then a rivalry game against USC away. They also played a top 20 Michigan team who barely lost to the other undefeated, Ohio State.

Oregon couldn't stop USC, won a shootout and then lost to Stanford. They played 2 tough games and lost 1 of them. Notre Dame won every single game they played. If they are not top 5, I'd love top see where Oregon is in those rankings.

Bottom line, you don't win championships because you can run a flukey offense and score a lot of points. Oregon faced exactly 1 tough defense this year and lost that game putting up 14 points. Get outta here with all that mess.

Some guys in here, mainly Oregon fans, have a bout 0 clue about anything. Someone even said Notre Dame is not a top 5 team? Lol.
They beat a top 8 Oklahoma away, Stanford (who beat Oregon mind you) and then a rivalry game against USC away. They also played a top 20 Michigan team who barely lost to the other undefeated, Ohio State.
Oregon couldn't stop USC, won a shootout and then lost to Stanford. They played 2 tough games and lost 1 of them. Notre Dame won every single game they played. If they are not top 5, I'd love top see where Oregon is in those rankings.
Bottom line, you don't win championships because you can run a flukey offense and score a lot of points. Oregon faced exactly 1 tough defense this year and lost that game putting up 14 points. Get outta here with all that mess.

shush men are talking.

Last edited:
Funny how much everyone is really sleeping on Notre Dame. Its easy to look dominant when the majority of your teams are super weak.
Notre Dames Opponents total combined w/l record = 79-62 Alabama's opponents combined w/l record 70-72 (doesn't include Georgia whom they haven't played yet)
That is very interesting.

seriously who is your team?

This.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Manti Te'o: Heisman Trophy Snub Would Be Ultimate Insult to Nation's Best Player
By
Mike Hoag
(Featured Columnist) on November 24, 2012

Manti Te’o should, without a doubt, be the Heisman Tropher winner. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish linebacker is the best defensive player on the nation’s top-ranked team, pending a win in the BCS Championship Game.

Anything short of the biggest honor in the game would be not only disappointing, but it would be insulting as well.

Not just to Manti Te’o and everything he’s done this season

It’s insulting to the game itself. College football is a great sport where the best in the country battle for their respective schools with the hopes of someday playing on Sundays.

Somewhere along the line, offense—the quarterback and running back positions specifically—has become larger than the game.

Dominant defensive performances and those who act them out have become afterthoughts. They don’t make the highlight reels for touching the ball every play and turning heads with their game-winning drives.

They do the dirty work, the behind-the-scenes grind that helps define their team week in and week out.

It’s those unsung heroes on the defensive side of the ball that are forgotten when the Heisman vote goes down each season and is presented in New York.

But this season there should be some consideration due to the emergence of a player with as much national exposure as anyone. Te’o’s talents were on display each week as no one could miss any of the Irish’s nationally televised games, unless they chose to.

Is there anyone else in college football that exudes confidence and inspires his teammates like the leader of the unbeaten Irish? He sets the tone. He embodies everything that this award was intended to be.

His seven interceptions are tied for the most in college football—not just for linebackers—overall.

What’s the debate, then?

A defensive player hasn’t won the Heisman Trophy since Charles Woodson in 1997. He was also a dynamic punt returner for the Michigan Wolverines that season.

Will Manti Te'o win the Heisman?
Yes No Submit Vote vote to see results

Looking a little deeper, there have only been four defensive players who have EVER won the award. None of them were purely defensive players and the three not named Woodson did it on or before 1961.

Quarterbacks and running backs have been winning this award and overshadowing other incredible performances along the way.

It’s time to make a statement in college football. A statement that says defense still matters.

Te’o’s already made his case, we’ll see what happens in December when it’s all said and done.

Last edited:
Notre Dame. The #1 team in the country who will play for the National Championship while Oregon fans like yourself whine about the game being "boring." You lost to Stanford putting up 14 points. Your offense in that game was "boring." The Oregon Ducks have 0 ground to stand on in any type of argument about best teams in college football.

This feels like the year Boise shocked OU and proved to everyone that one of them off brand schools could win. But, just in case you youngins haven't realized it, Notre Dame is the greatest school in college football history. More championships than any other school and will add to it with a W against whichever SEC team earns the right to play them.

A damn shame that an undefeated Notre Dame team has to "prove" it can hang with the SEC. Why? Because Alabama played such a tough schedule? I watched a little dude scramble all over hell and back against Alabama and an A&M defense pick off the Bama qb on a boneheaded goaline throw. People talking like Alabama is this mighty super squad who just slipped up against A&M. They have their flaws just like any other team.

Notre Dame starts a first year qb and he has made significant progress over the year. The running game of the Irish can control a game. The defense speaks for itself. Te'o should win the heisman trophy for being the best player on the best defense on the best team in the country. End of story.

It will be a sweet day when Notre Dame beats who I think will win the SEC; Georgia. O, but if they only played Bama or Oregon or blah blah blah. Win your games and play on.

#Cheer

Ndamukong Suh damn near won the Heisman. Why people think that Manti Te'o can't completely baffles me

Last edited:
Ndamukong Suh damn near won the Heisman. Why people think that Manti Te'o can't completely baffles me

No he did NOT damn near win the heisman

He came in 4th by a WIDE margin

I have no problem with Teo winning every single defensive award, but he has not had a transcendent Heisman trophy year

Last edited:
I forgot Nebraska played for the National Championship that year and was undefeated, carried by their defense. Also, Suh must have led the nation in sacks as well.

I forgot Nebraska played for the National Championship that year and was undefeated, carried by their defense. Also, Suh must have led the nation in sacks as well.

We went 10-4 that season man. If they would have went undefeated he would have won over Ingram. The media was all over him and we didn't even sniff a shot at the title

Last edited:
No he did NOT damn near win the heisman
He came in 4th by a WIDE margin
I have no problem with Teo winning every single defensive award, but he has not had a transcendent Heisman trophy year
I just don't understand this at all. So, Notre Dame has no offense (apparently) and went undefeated. Their middle linebacker leads the nation in interceptions and had over 100 tackles. He had two picks against Michigan, 1 against Oklahoma and 1 tonight against USC. The three biggest games with National Championship implications and from a rivalry standpoint.

I watched people post in here how great the games were today. How today was the greatest day of the year because of the rivalry games. Te'o came up big in EVERY situation whether it be a pick here or goaline stand there.

This is not a linebacker who had a few picks against Alcorn St. This is the best linebacker in the country on the best defense in the country on the best team in the country as of heisman voting. He leads an undefeated team that would be the unanimous #1 and champion if we were back in the old days. THAT transcends college football.

Back
Top Bottom