2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Browneyes ran 40 plays inside Michigan territory in the 2nd half and only managed 6 points... Its a shame the offense couldn't give them anything yesterday.... I like what Mattison is doing with that D... Not so much with Borges on the other side

now I am hearing that even if OU wins Saturday the chances of an at large BCS bid is slim because Boise/Kent St vs. NIU winner may get the big because of some stupid rule that they may finish in the top 16.
Boise has no good wins and lost to overrated MSU. Kent St. got blown out by Kentucky!! and NIU lost to a FCS football team.
OU still needs to win though.

NIU only lost came against Iowa and they got cheated EDIT: I love ND but johnny should win the Heisman

Last edited:
Media really pushing for that Bama - ND title
Not even giving dem Dawgs a chance.
Go get em CMR

It's funny...because as far as the more talented team goes..it's GEORGIA...nobody expects us to win...hell nobody expected us to even be in the title game again, they wanted to crown Florida even with that crap of an offense..I hope this just motivate our guys to come out hungry and take Bama, and ND soul on the field

NIU only lost came against Iowa and they got cheated EDIT: I love ND but johnny should win the Heisman

My bad...but the Sugar Bowl would be pissed!!! Especially because we would be Co-Conference Champs. No one would really watch that game and there fan base doesn't compare to the likes of OU and the other Big Time Schools...not to mention another BCS bowl game would take a Big East team. Not jumping to conclusions because OU needs to win and going to the Cotton Bowl versus either LSU A&M would be fun.

Amazing that Georgia or Alabama loser could go to the 4th best bowl game in the SEC.

Still can't believe that Manziel may win the Heisman as a RS Freshman but Adrian Peterson didn't win it as a TRUE freshman after rushing for like 2000 yards and 16 TDs. I still think it is the most overhyped/overrated award though in sports...it goes to the best player on the top 5 team, people make excuses and reasons to give it to a player who fits that criteria.

Last edited:
It's funny...because as far as the more talented team goes..it's GEORGIA...nobody expects us to win...hell nobody expected us to even be in the title game again, they wanted to crown Florida even with that crap of an offense..I hope this just motivate our guys to come out hungry and take Bama, and ND soul on the field

I think GA wins to be honest. I think Murray plays smart and Jones makes enough plays to keep GA in it. No one even giving them a shot.

Insane Stat: Landry Jones on 3rd down in Nov: 22-of-28, 302 yds, 21 first downs, 5 TDs.

If OU beat ND we would be in the NC game and Landry would have the Heisman.

Last edited:
If you take Te'o off this team, Notre Dame is 8-4 at best and loses to a Te'o lead USC team last night. In the age of TebowGod and Ray Lewis, people severely underestimate the power of inspiration.

The qb from Notre Dame said the turning point in his season was when Te'o came to him before a road game against OU and simply said, "I'm with you." I can understand people saying Tebow got lucky in Denver last year somehow. But college football is about young kids with little direction, growing as people and becoming men. Think about what Te'o has gone through this year and ask yourself where you were at that point in your life. He lost his grandmother, future wife and then proceeded to lead the nation in picks, team to a #1 ranking and National Championship birth.

Yes, Suh may have been more dominant in college from a flashy play standpoint. He was as dominant as it gets. But Te'o has lead a defense that has given up 10 points per game. USC dropped 50+ on Oregon and only 13 on Notre Dame. Michigan put up 14 against Alabama and 6 against Notre Dame. Oklahoma's high powered offense put up 13 against Notre Dame.

Te'o epitomizes college athletics and the spirit of the heisman trophy.

Honestly, who gives a **** about his grandmother. She didn't tackle anybody and she didn't throw any touchdowns. It has no bearing on this.

If you take Te'o off this team, Notre Dame is 8-4 at best and loses to a Te'o lead USC team last night. In the age of TebowGod and Ray Lewis, people severely underestimate the power of inspiration.

lol.gif

Dudes grasping like hell in here.

Damn son relax.

Relax about what? You don't think that so many of these athletes, many of whom come from bad situations at home, are dealing with bad situations too? Just because we don't know about them, doesn't mean that they don't matter. We really can't go basing awards about athletic achievement on who is overcoming the greatest sob story.

The qb from Notre Dame said the turning point in his season was when Te'o came to him before a road game against OU and simply said, "I'm with you." I can understand people saying Tebow got lucky in Denver last year somehow. But college football is about young kids with little direction, growing as people and becoming men. Think about what Te'o has gone through this year and ask yourself where you were at that point in your life. He lost his grandmother, future wife and then proceeded to lead the nation in picks, team to a #1 ranking and National Championship birth.
Yes, Suh may have been more dominant in college from a flashy play standpoint. He was as dominant as it gets. But Te'o has lead a defense that has given up 10 points per game. USC dropped 50+ on Oregon and only 13 on Notre Dame. Michigan put up 14 against Alabama and 6 against Notre Dame. Oklahoma's high powered offense put up 13 against Notre Dame.
Te'o epitomizes college athletics and the spirit of the heisman trophy.

is Notre Dame your team?

cause u still havent answered the question I asked and other people quoted

I ask again

who is your team?

Last edited:
Manziel will win. But Teo will finish 2nd or 3rd.

His 'story' + ND + undefeated will do it. The media loves him.

I don't care either way. They're playing for a national championship.

If we're giving the trophy away for being a good guy with, aside from the interceptions, very average stats, then there have been a lot of guys get really screwed in the past.

Just act like your grandmother and gf suddenly dying 6 hours apart from each other on the same day wouldnt weigh on your mind. This is a college kid with the hopes of Notre Dame on his shoulders and then he goes through that.

I wasn't suggesting he should be given the award because of his situation. I was highlighting the fact that he transcends the sport. He is the epitome of what college athletes should strive to be and is on the best regular season team in the country; UNDISPUTED. The situation he went through just speaks to the kind of person he is and how he will represent the award. He's not Reggie Bush handing the trophy back a few years later.

Oregon is sitting at home quacking away their tears. They are probably dreaming up the next highlighter to use for their helmet color. Only team more overrated than the Ducks was K St and their even more cupcake schedule.

I wouldn't give it to Manziel just because he's trailer park trash.

:lol:

because you know him right?

if manziel doesn't win, he's getting robbed.

110 tackles (give or take a few) 8 picks 1.5 sacks and 0 forced fumbles

or

3419 passing yards 24/8 TD:INT ratio 1181 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns.

and 1 forced fumble. :wink:

Last edited:
Oregon is sitting at home quacking away their tears. They are probably dreaming up the next highlighter to use for their helmet color. Only team more overrated than the Ducks was K St and their even more cupcake schedule.

Actually, us Ducks fans are fine. We've won a BCS bowl game recently and are on our way to another. Notre Dame has been irrelevant for damn near two decades. Two bowl wins since 1995 and you're in here spouting off?

Good luck. You better be praying that y'all win it all... because if you don't... :smile:

Last edited:
The greatest thing about this debate is someone will earn the title. Notre Dame is awaiting the SEC champion and it will be a historic game.

Last edited:
ND is here to stay for a while win or lose.. hope you're all enjoying this fraction of the fan base.

Actually, us Ducks fans are fine. We've won a BCS bowl game recently and are on our way to another. Notre Dame has been irrelevant for damn near two decades. Two bowl wins since 1995 and you're in here spouting off?
Good luck. You better be praying that y'all win it all... because if you don't... :smile:

I don't remember what bowl games Oregon won. I didn't realize you won a National Championship.

Notre Dame is never irrelevant. There have been some bad years and a period where we couldn't find a coach big enough for the spotlight. However, this season has given us 5 years straight of being competitive simply because of recruiting. We may pull down the best receiver and safety in High School. And we didn't have to do it with uniform combinations and a backyard style offense.

Oregon is good for college football. All the kids that won't make it in the NFL get a chance to shine in college.

Collin Klein will get more votes than Manziel. Half of these voters didn't know anything about Manziel until the Bama game. Plus the fact that a freshman has never won the award will give them an automatic cop out

Chris Mad Dog Russo ‏@MadDogUnleashed

I am not going to vote for Johnny Manziel for the Heisman, 90% of college football fans had never heard of him until Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Collin Klein will get more votes than Manziel. Half of these voters didn't know anything about Manziel until the Bama game. Plus the fact that a freshman has never won the award will give them an automatic cop out

i disagree. everyone crowned him early and then watched him fall. hopped off the bandwagon. happened about the same time manziel's stock started rising.

Back
Top Bottom