2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Mississippi St is bout to be get hammered
Byron Devinnier told the NCAA he witnessed Bulldog Booster hand money to Will Redmond with the knowledge of an assistant coach who resigned last week.

I know I am extremely late, so I apologize, but have been catching up on my DVR

:x

Loved watching these two defenses play. Some real talen of the defensive side of the ball. Dont know why, but it stood out, but hat kid Morrison for Florida, when Jenkins went out, was all over the ball.

5 fb games a year is a hefty amount though. They're gonna have to drop a bunch of their historical rivalries or convince those schools to agree to alternate yearly. One notre dame home game every four years might not be worth it.

If Florida State ever thought about bolting they aren't now:
Along with inviting Notre Dame, the ACC also says it has increased its exit fees for the conference's schools to three times the annual operation budget -- which would currently come to more than $50 million.

5 fb games a year is a hefty amount though. They're gonna have to drop a bunch of their historical rivalries or convince those schools to agree to alternate yearly. One notre dame home game every four years might not be worth it.

I think Michigan and the rest of the b1O will drop

I'd be more into it if ND were a full member. It's all about money and conference stability. Apparently there will be some financial implications but not the increased revenue for other ACC schools had ND become a full member. I don't see why ND would give that up though because of the deal they have, unless the BCS/playoff structure changes their eligibility for essentially remaining independent in football.

ACC will still be a bottom tier major conference until some of the teams start to play big boy football. Too bad UNC & Miami suck at cheating (though UNC is/will get a slap on the wrist because of their standing).

2015 is seemingly a while away but if Notre Dame becomes a full member then and the contract with ESPN is re-worked or somehow it is supplemented with their NBC contract (ACC on NBC or some BS), it will definitely help.

Last edited:
From size, speeed, skill and home state, that TE Jordan Reed from Florida bears a striking resemblance to former Gator, Aaron Hernandez. Could just be a prisoner of the moment type comment but 1st thing that popped into my head after watching him make a couple plays.

ACC has never been a major football conference like that....they tried when they added miami, virginia tech and bc.....but miami fell off 
mean.gif
 ...can't even finish my post 
tired.gif

$$$$$$$$$

I havent read anything yet but I'm guessing Jim Delaney wouldn't cave to ND's demands or else the Irish would be in the B1G like its supposed to be.

$$$$$$$$$

I havent read anything yet but I'm guessing Jim Delaney wouldn't cave to ND's demands or else the Irish would be in the B1G like its supposed to be.

B1G has been telling them the whole time its all or nothing. They wanted to maintain football independence while joining Olympic sports and the big ten said no way. ACC was kinda desperate and thinking basketball long term so they caved. The five games is NDs way of compromise.

Last edited:
Biggest match-up everyone is looking forward to this weekend?

Would have been Bama/Arkansas if not for the upset and Tyler Wilson injury. Maybe Gators/Vols instead if both teams can channel energy from the classic rivalry.

Last edited:
From size, speeed, skill and home state, that TE Jordan Reed from Florida bears a striking resemblance to former Gator, Aaron Hernandez. Could just be a prisoner of the moment type comment but 1st thing that popped into my head after watching him make a couple plays.

Yea he's Cornelius Ingram before the gruesome knee injury

$$$$$$$$$
YUP!

im shock the big east didnt try to give ND this kind of offer. you know with the big10 it was all in or nothing which exactly why ND wouldn't join

is the NBC deal dead now?

Biggest match-up everyone is looking forward to this weekend?
Would have been Bama/Arkansas if not for the upset and Tyler Wilson injury. Maybe Gators/Vols instead if both teams can channel energy from the classic rivalry.

MSU/ND - looking forward to future opponents more than Mich game
Fla/Tenn
UNC/L'ville

is the NBC deal dead now?
Def not. Game's the same, just got more fierce. 

ESPN will def be in the 2015 bidding war now but if NBC ponies up, ND won't say no. Or, there might just be a more national ACC Network a la B1G and the newly created PAC12 networks and ND becomes a full-fledged member.

ND is definitely throwing its weight around.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom