2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Da'Rick Rogers went Ham
laugh.gif
nthat.gif
yea I saw his first half numbers on my twitter tl...I was like 
eek.gif

ULM coach is out here coaching like his life depending on it. :nthat:

:lol: Baylor just said f' it 'TIMEOUT!!!'

Last edited:
Never been a Mark may fan, but he is On Point about Michigan's gameplan with Denied Robinson.

Turning him into a pocket passer? are they trying to showcase him to the NFL? I dont get it.

Never been a Mark may fan, but he is On Point about Michigan's gameplan with Denied Robinson.
Turning him into a pocket passer? are they trying to showcase him to the NFL? I dont get it.

He's a better "passer" when he is under center... Has to focus on his steps and gets into a rhythm... Its a fact... Look at the stats.... Dude starts running around trying to improvise and throws off his back foot then we see what happens... People talk about how can Michigan trout him out as QB but look at the roster and see what RR did to it...NO PLAYMAKERS outside of Denard... NO QUATERBACKS Period... RBs are awful... OL has zero depth... The team is a mess and last year was a perfect storm of a weak schedule, no injuries, controlling the ball and playing great to end the halves... Denard has to touch the ball every snap for this team... He just isn't wired to be a QB but he's all this teams got right now and you have to live and die with him... Its not like he was killing defenses in RRs system when they played a team with a pulse... They got housed by every decent team they ran up against...This team can still win the B1G and get to the Rose Bowl and thats what many pegged as a successful season with the schedule they have... My opinion on this staff and how they are using players has not changed one bit in the 20 months they have been here... Wouldn't want it any other way.

Oregon should be #2 after that win last night and LSU barely beating bum *** Auburn.

I hope my Gators are in the top 10. :smokin

it's not like Denard gives anyone a chance to "make plays."

If Im a defense coordinator and you ask me do you have a better chance of winning by having Robinson stay in the pocket or outside on the edge with option to run/pass I'm taking Pocket passing Denard 10 outta 10 times.

it's not like Denard gives anyone a chance to "make plays."
If Im a defense coordinator and you ask me do you have a better chance of winning by having Robinson stay in the pocket or outside on the edge with option to run/pass I'm taking Pocket passing Denard 10 outta 10 times.

Agreed... I would rather him make plays with his legs and get out of the pocket all together... The red zone offense was the reason they lost the game which sounds funny but they crapped the bed 3 times inside the 10.

Its obvious Denard is not a QB. but he is by far their best football player and athlete.

Not sure what yall can expect the rest of the season from him at the QB spot

good news, you wont face any other front 7s as good as ND.

Last edited:
Al Borges needs to man up at his press conference and take the blame over Denard for the gameplan in this game... Just like what Mattison did after Air Force... This staff needs a QB though and I wouldn't be mad to see Borges leave and grab Scot Loefller from Auburn and bring him home.

What are Geno Smith's chances at the next level?

Dude has been ballin' ever since that Orange Bowl

What we learned in the SEC: Week 4
September, 23, 2012
SEP 23
10:03
AM ET
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND7TWEET3COMMENTS61EMAILPRINT
It's time to take a look at what we learned from a another weekend of football in the SEC:

1. The East has a trio of legit contenders: Heading into the season, it was the SEC Western Division that had the Big Three. Now, it looks like the East might own that distinction. Florida, Georgia and South Carolina have all been playing high-quality ball the past few weeks, and Saturday delivered us the kind of victories we needed to see from the Bulldogs and Gamecocks. We knew Florida had some real bite and fight after back-to-back road wins in tough environments, then Georgia and South Carolina totally dismantled their opponents at home. Georgia crushed a talented Vanderbilt team 48-3, while South Carolina ran over Missouri 31-10. The race between these three for the East crown should be very exciting this season and it's time to seriously consider one of them having what it takes to really challenge the West winner in Atlanta.

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/David J. Phillip
Johnny Manziel and the Texas A&M offense are clicking on all cylinders right now.
2. The Razorbacks are lost: Tyler Wilson's return was supposed to energize a reeling Arkansas team. Having him on the field was supposed to make this team better. But it did neither, as the Hogs lost to Rutgers 35-26 in a game that could have been worse. Again, Arkansas' defense fell apart when the Hogs needed it the most. The Razorbacks surrendered 525 yards of offense, including 397 passing yards from Rutgers quarterback Gary Nova and 128 rushing yards. The Hogs squandered an early 10-point lead and looked dazed after Rutgers made its run from the second to third quarter. Wilson threw two interceptions and the running game managed just 73 yards, including 17 from Knile Davis. This was a game Arkansas had to have and the Hogs folded. It's clear John L. Smith isn't the motivator or leader this team needs.

3. Zach Mettenberger has to get better: If LSU is going to continue to hold the torch as a legitimate SEC/national title contender, its quarterback has to play better. Mettenberger was supposed to make LSU's offense better, especially when it came to throwing the ball, but against Auburn, his first SEC start, he didn't exactly make LSU's offense look much different than what we saw last year. His decision making was off, as were some of his passes. In key situations, Mettenberger couldn't deliver the drive-extending throw, as he completed 15 of 27 passes for 169 yards. The Tigers survived against an overmatched Auburn team, but against the likes of Alabama, Florida or South Carolina, LSU might not be so lucky. His field focus has to improve.

4. The Aggies' offense is dialed in: The Kevin Sumlin era in College Station has come with a bunch of points and yards. Sure, the competition since the season-opening loss to Florida hasn't been near the quality the Aggies will face in league play, but you can tell A&M players totally understand what Sumlin and offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury are trying to do on offense. We thought it might take a while for the Aggies to resemble Houston's old offense, but in the past two games A&M has scored 118 points and put up 1,053 yards. Fifteen of A&M's 17 touchdowns in the past two games have come from the offense, with quarterback Johnny Manziel being a part of 11 of them. The Aggies' adaptation to this new offense has been very impressive.

5. Missouri isn't fit for the SEC yet: We saw the obvious fatigue in the 41-20 loss to Georgia, and Missouri's lack of shape came to light in South Carolina's blowout win Saturday. The Tigers looked like they just didn't have the energy or strength to battle with the Gamecocks up front. Missouri managed just 109 rushing yards (averaging 3.4 yards per run), while giving up 144. Quarterback James Franklin was sacked three times and managed just 92 passing yards, as the Gamecocks made his day miserable with constant pressure. You just didn't see much fight against South Carolina. The Tigers were exhausted well before the game ended, and that's not a good thing. This team talked about size not being an issue, but it's clear Mizzou's lines are wearing down. The Tigers haven't won the battle up front in its two SEC games (both losses).

There are going to be some fun games in the SEC this year... Seems like we say it every year but I think the top half is closer than ever and will have a ton riding on every game played

New AP Poll
AP Poll
1. Alabama (59)
2. Oregon
3. LSU (1)
4. Florida St.
5. Georgia
6. South Carolina
7. Kansas St.
8. Stanford
9. West Virginia
10. Notre Dame
11. Florida
12. Texas
13. Southern Cal
14. Ohio St.
15. TCU
16. Oklahoma
17. Clemson
18. Oregon St.
19. Louisville
20. Michigan St.
21. Mississippi St.
22. Nebraska
23. Rutgers
24. Boise St.
25. Baylor

Others receiving votes: Northwestern 89, UCLA 79, Michigan 44, Ohio 40, Virginia Tech 26, Arizona 17, Iowa St. 16, Wisconsin 13, Oklahoma St. 12, Texas A&M 11, Cincinnati 10, Tennessee 10, Texas Tech 10, Arizona St. 8, Louisiana Tech 7, Purdue 5, Miami 1.

ND :pimp:

Proud to hit on my Rutgers and FSU picks. Utah though. :x

Gunna: Guess you were right about OU, Bob, and Landry, man.

Knew Clemson would drop a couple over the course of the season.

When will ND lose?

Manti Te'o getting a pick each for grandma and his girlfriend. Well done, young man. You are the epitome of heart and leadership in CFB.

What are Geno Smith's chances at the next level?
Dude has been ballin' ever since that Orange Bowl
I mean, Tavon Austin also helps Geno look good. Not saying that's the only reason.

Another three TDs for Teddy.

How on Earth did ULM start with Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor. Tough non-conference games to open the season.

Coaches Poll
1 Alabama (57)
2 Oregon
3 LSU (1)
4 Florida State (1)
5 Georgia
6 South Carolina
7 West Virginia
8 Kansas State
9 Stanford
10 Texas
11 Notre Dame
12 Florida
13 USC
14 TCU
15 Oklahoma
16 Clemson
17 Louisville
18 Michigan State
19 Mississippi State
20 Nebraska
21 Oregon State
22 Oklahoma State
23 Wisconsin
24 Baylor
25 Rutgers
25 Virginia Tech

Others Receiving Votes: Northwestern96, Boise State69, Michigan57, Iowa State45, Cincinnati42, UCLA33, Texas A&M31, Louisiana Tech28, Arizona State22, Texas Tech17, Arizona16, Ohio13, Minnesota11, Tennessee6, Western Kentucky5, Purdue4, Louisiana-Monroe4, Miami (FL)2, San Jose State2, Washington2

EXACTLY!!!

-im happy i got off the OU bandwagon early. im sure OU fans are hoping stoops gets a NFL job offer this year and takes it. someone said it a few pages back he is looking like Lloyd carr and fat fulmer right now

-big 10
mean.gif

-mac football
pimp.gif

-ummmmm Mizzou time to change up that offense or get better OL QUICK!!!! and running that 3-2-5 defense at times durning a game wont work in the SEC

-Arkansas
roll.gif
 does john L smith even make it to the end of the season?

- call me what you want but Gene Chizik is a avg coach at best,

-Paul johnson the option time has come and gone time to change it up and get a real offense. it look good the 1st few years and has got worse over the time so has that defense.

The B1G is so horrible :lol: Nebraska is probably the best overall team right now, that's how bad it is. 

Not sure Fickell is going to be back next season to be honest if they could've got Mike Stoops he probably wouldn't be here now.

I really thought Toussaint coming back would help michigan a lot. He played really well closing out the year last season.

Gameday for the ohio st/sparty game. 

Have to figure tenure is the only thing helping Bob Stoops right now. Not sure that's going to last too long. 

Was hoping the oregon zona game wouldve been a little closer :lol: How do you have 6 trips to the redzone and come away with zero points?!

Back
Top Bottom