2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Texas and ND ahead of UF... Nah man Nahhh.

Gunna's Power 15:

1. Bama
  2. Oregon
  3. FSU
  4. LSU
  5. K-State
  6. UF
  7. UGA
  8. Stanford
  9. So. Carolina
  10. ND
  11. Clemson
  12. USC
  13. Texas
  14. Rutgers
  15. A&M

NCAA needs to make games 40 minutes long.

35-3 run :pimp: :pimp:

Adjustments after halftime :pimp:

Game shoulda been 21-20 going into the half. But then again, if Sammy connects on that pass it is likely 28-14 @ the half. Glad we were able to keep Sammy relatively in check and slow down Tahj and Nuke after their hot 1st half start.

Guess Wilder Jr. won't be moving to LB after all. :pimp: :pimp:

Devonta Freeman didn't play much, but I know his brother got killed earlier this week so I'm not sure where his head is at. Ppl can't take an *** whooping these days man. Life taken because you got lumped up :smh: :smh: :smh:

Al Borges needs to man up at his press conference and take the blame over Denard for the gameplan in this game... Just like what Mattison did after Air Force... This staff needs a QB though and I wouldn't be mad to see Borges leave and grab Scot Loefller from Auburn and bring him home.

Completely agree. In the first half Borges was calling pass plays that he has NO business running with Denard under center. If he's going to do that he might as well put Bellomy in at QB. The half-back pass was also an incredibly dumb call.

Champ's take on a CFB top-20:
1) Bama
2) LSU
3) Ducks
4) Noles
5) UGA
6) K-State
7) South Carolina
8) ND
9) UF
10) Stanford
11) tO$U
12) WVU
13) USC
14) Clemson
15) Horns
16) OU
17) Louisville
18) TCU
19) Oregon State
20) RU

wooooh I had totally forgotten about the half back pass in the midst of all the Denied Robinson passes. :x

that was as bad a call as you can get. it wasnt like the play was even set up :smh:

WVU doesn't crack your top-15 or your just forgot to include them?

I believe somewhat in Geno and Austin. Dana knows how to move the football, that's for sure.

I'll be willing to personally drive Chad Morris out of Clemson when Arkansas comes calling @ the end of the season

With OU I think Landry Jones maxed out two years ago, in my eyes he is a good College QB and not a great one...Ryan Broyles bailed him out a lot the past three seasons with his ability to break zone coverages...since Broyles injury last season Jones has been average to say the least

Yeah, I'm starting to see that about Landry. You're one of the many to call that on this board. I didn't see it, or didn't believe it. Paul (Sooner fan) had my back.

after the way Maryland was able to move the ball on them, I am not a believer in the mountaineers.

they still havent played anyone either

Landry Jones is hot doo doo butter w/o Broyles, and that's all that really needs to be said about that.

There is no difference between WVU last year and WVU this year. Maryland is HORRIBLE and probably the best play that WVU D made was knocking out the startin QB after the whistle.

WVU is gonna go up against a team that can at least control them and they will lose because hat defense is horrible for the 7th or so year in a Row

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm starting to see that about Landry. You're one of the many to call that on this board. I didn't see it, or didn't believe it. Paul (Sooner fan) had my back.

I feel somewhat the same about Matt Barkley in the essence, of the way to defeat him is to disrupt his rhythm as he has very limited mobility, and him having elite wideouts eliminates his deep ball accuracy issues

Time will tell with Baylor and UT coming up next. Then K-State, TCU, OU later on. Only have the Longhorns away.

-Arkansas:rofl:  does john L smith even make it to the end of the season?

I've been talking about this way too much, but since he used to be a coach in this area, the sports media is killing everything he does. Caught a segment on the radio discussing this exact question. IMO he has to go (and essentially get blackballed by all BCS schools in the process). Doesn't Petrino still have a brother on the staff or something? Slap the interim tag on him and just ride out the rest of the season. JLS is legitimately crazy.

What are Geno Smith's chances at the next level?
Dude has been ballin' ever since that Orange Bowl

WOTS was that he looked like a more polished passer than Barkley at Elite 11. Playing in the spread will damage his "Kiper cred"...

When will ND lose?
Manti Te'o getting a pick each for grandma and his girlfriend. Well done, young man. You are the epitome of heart and leadership in CFB.

ND's schedule is tough. They lose 2. Catholics v Convicts next week should be good if Miami comes to play.

at least last year WVU had Bruce Irvin to get to the QB when they got a lead, now they have no one.

ND will lose a few games due to their QB play alone.

theyre lucky they played Denied robinson yesterday.

Landry Jones is hot doo doo butter w/o Broyles, and that's all that really needs to be said about that.

its not like kenny stills is a bum at WR, he proably has more talent then broyles, jones just sucks now

i didnt see anything out of wilder last night that made me say "damn he SHOULDN'T be playing LB" he is still wasting away at RB

Top 15

1. Bama
2. FSU
3. Oregon
4. Kansas State
5. Stanford
6. LSU
7. West Virginia
8. South Carolina
9. Georgia
10. Notre Dame
11. Clemson
11. USC
13. Ohio State
14. Texas
15. Oregon State

Coach Sumlin is about to kick Stoops out of the Metroplex for good.

Last edited:
I feel somewhat the same about Matt Barkley in the essence, of the way to defeat him is to disrupt his rhythm as he has very limited mobility, and him having elite wideouts eliminates his deep ball accuracy issues
So it's safe to say you're cooler on Barkley than most and wouldn't take him with a top-5 pick in the NFL?

at least last year WVU had Bruce Irvin to get to the QB when they got a lead, now they have no one.
ND will lose a few games due to their QB play alone.
theyre lucky they played Denied robinson yesterday.
I could see WVU beating Baylor and Texas, but dropping two out of three against K-State, TCU, and OU. Probably K-State and OU end up becoming losses for the Mountaineers.

Was just gonna ask you guys how many losses you feel ND will end up with by season's end. I see OU and USC being losses. Stanford a close win for the Irish at home when they bottle up Taylor.

Of course you didn't Mike.
Am I missing something, Dre? I'm guessing Mike has never liked JWJ.

So it's safe to say you're cooler on Barkley than most and wouldn't take him with a top-5 pick in the NFL?
I could see WVU beating Baylor and Texas, but dropping two out of three against K-State, TCU, and OU. Probably K-State and OU end up becoming losses for the Mountaineers.
Was just gonna ask you guys how many losses you feel ND will end up with by season's end. I see OU and USC being losses. Stanford a close win for the Irish at home when they bottle up Taylor.
Am I missing something, Dre? I'm guessing Mike has never liked JWJ.

Correct, I am cooler on him, and would not take him with a top 5 pick in the nfl

Back
Top Bottom