2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Good luck with that.
A&M DFW/near East TX commits with OU offers: 6
OU DFW/near East TX commits with A&M offers: 1

David Beaty is a beast in DFW. Venebles leaving OU greatly hurts OU's presence in DFW. It's pretty simple, really.

So then there's no QB in the 2013 class you'd take top-5, correct? Because some organization will grab Barkley quickly at the top of the class.

As of right now...no this year is somewhat weak as far as QB goes in that I don't see that elite "can't miss prospect" but it all depends on what you want in a QB...as of right now I would have Geno Smith rated higher due to his mobility and his accuracy on the deep ball...I think his arm is stronger than Barkley's also...but that all goes into Smith playing in the spread and if you think he will adapt to a pro scheme...but yes some organization will probably take Barkley in the top 5

As of right now...no this year is somewhat weak as far as QB goes in that I don't see that elite "can't miss prospect" but it all depends on what you want in a QB...as of right now I would have Geno Smith rated higher due to his mobility and his accuracy on the deep ball...I think his arm is stronger than Barkley's also...but that all goes into Smith playing in the spread and if you think he will adapt to a pro scheme...but yes some organization will probably take Barkley in the top 5
At least you have guts and conviction, man. I can't take Geno with a top-15 pick. Even first-round is slightly pushing it for me. I've long said Landry doesn't belong in the first-round discussion either, although I did believe he was a better college QB than he showed yesterday against K-State or this season in general.

Don't like Logan Thomas at the next level either, see him being a developmental project for a "QB guru."

There are only ten teams that have beaten ranked teams so far this season;

Oregon St : (2) 2-0, and those two teams have a 6-2 record (75%)
Notre Dame: (2) 2-0, those two teams have a 5-3 record (62.5%)
UCLA: (2) 1-1, those two teams have a 5-1 record (83%)
Michigan st.: (2) 1-1, those two teams have a 5-1 record (83%)
Arizona : (2) 1-1, those two teams have a 5-1 record (83%)
Oregon : (1) 1-0, that team has 3-1 record (75%)
Stanford: (1) 1-0, that team has a 3-1 record (75%)
Florida St. : (1) 1-0 that team has a 3-1 record (75%)
Kansas St. : (1) 1-0, that team has a 2-1 record 66.6%)
Alabama ; (1) 1-0, that team scUM has a 2-2 record (50%)

Some fen’ others
Florida : 4-0, those teams have a 7-8 record (46.6%)
Kansas State : 4-0, those teams have a 6-9 record (40%)
Texas : 3-0, those teams have a 4-7 record (36.4%)
Ohio State : 4-0, those teams have a 5-9 record (35.7%)
Georgia : 4-0, those teams have a 5-10 record (33.3%)
South Carolina : 4-0, those teams have a 5-10 record (33.3%)
Miss. State : 4-0, those teams have a 5-11 record (31.3%)
LSU: 4-0, those teams have a 4-11 record (26.6%)
Louisville : 4-0, those teams have a 4-12 record (25.0%)

If you got FSU in your top 3, but UGA isn't in your top 5, I can't respect your mind.
I've got Noles and UGA neck-and-neck at #4 and #5 respectively. AM11 being the major difference between the two teams. You think your Bulldogs would beat FSU head-to-head right now, this weekend?

At least you have guts and conviction, man. I can't take Geno with a top-15 pick. Even first-round is slightly pushing it for me. I've long said Landry doesn't belong in the first-round discussion either, although I did believe he was a better college QB than he showed yesterday against K-State or this season in general.
Don't like Logan Thomas at the next level either, see him being a developmental project for a "QB guru."

I can dig it, how he plays once the conference schedule hits will make or break him...I've always liked Logan Thomas...@ TE that is...he struggles with accuracy and basic reads, which is a no no @ the next level...great physical tools, but I see his future in the NFL as a Tight End

Next week's slate of games 
sick.gif

I've got Noles and UGA neck-and-neck at #4 and #5 respectively. AM11 being the major difference between the two teams. You think your Bulldogs would beat FSU head-to-head right now, this weekend?
You think FSU could keep up? We get Rambo and Tree back this weekend...

Todd Gurley is leading all the SEC RB's in yards, YPC, and TD's, but has 25 LESS carries than Mike Gillislee (2nd in rush yards in SEC). 

Keith Marshall has better #s than Lacy & Yeldon

#3 Gurley + #4 Marshall = #34 Gurshall 
glasses.gif
laugh.gif

Todd Gurley is leading all the SEC RB's in yards, YPC, and TD's, but has 25 LESS carries than Mike Gillislee (2nd in rush yards in SEC). 

#3 Gurley + #4 Marshall = #34 Gurshall 8) :lol:
I think it'd be closer than you think. Obviously the losses of Reid and Jenkins hurt tremendously on the defensive side of the ball. Xavier Rhodes. AM11 is a clear step or two above Manuel, but if E.J. can play anything like he did against Clemson consistently the rest of the season, Noles will be scary. Heck, they already are.

I hope the Noles and Bulldogs both run the table to finish the season, not entirely impossible for both to do so.

If you got FSU in your top 3, but UGA isn't in your top 5, I can't respect your mind.

Couple of big test on the way, as of now, not much on the resume and everyone knows about the Mark Richt effect.

So yeah...

- FSU beat Clemson
- Oregon beat Arizona
- Kansas State and Stanford both knocked off top 10 teams.
- South Carolina and Georgia both have Mizzou on the resume.

-West Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia are all interchangeable right now. All have looked good toying with weak opponents.

I can dig it, how he plays once the conference schedule hits will make or break him...I've always liked Logan Thomas...@ TE that is...he struggles with accuracy and basic reads, which is a no no @ the next level...great physical tools, but I see his future in the NFL as a Tight End

i think geno is best qb in this class too, qbs that have been surrounded by superior talent in college don't turn out to be that good in nfl

we still have the worst time covering tight ends and commiting penalties
that being said its nice to actually win a big game ... cant really remember one since 2005 ACC championship
our offense is light years ahead of last year ...

oh, and Cardo

Last edited:

Look at the king of Hyperbole Striking again

unfortunately for me, this year I am a believer in Richt's bulldogs this year.

Jarvis Jones is the best pass rusher in college. complete difference maker.

UGA just needs to put 17-20 points per game and they will win.

all the false hype over the years for both teams, it would be so awesome to see FSU vs UGA in a Title game.

FSU still has to show me a lot. they still give up way too many points.

:lol: @ Gurshall lmaoooooo

oh and some top defense Florida st has :rolleyes yeahhhhhh rightttttttt...we would wash them

Back
Top Bottom