2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

:lol: @ Gurshall lmaoooooo
oh and some top defense Florida st has :rolleyes yeahhhhhh rightttttttt...we would wash them

I think everyone is just looking @ the final score and not the #'s in that FSU/Clemson game

From there, FSU went on a 35-3 run that flipped the score to 49-31 in just 16:25 of game clock, dominating in almost every facet of the game. E.J. Manuel found Kelvin Benjamin for one rampaging catch-and-run to set up one touchdown; Lamarcus Joyner's 90-yard kick return set up another; Manuel threw for 63 yards on the next touchdown drive, and completed a perfect fade to Rodney Smith for the score; James Wilder stormed through Clemson's winded defense to set up the fourth TD; and after a fumble broke a string of consecutive touchdown drives, Nick Waisome's interception set the 'Noles up at the Clemson 27, and Chris Thompson took one carry to punch in FSU's final touchdown of the night.

The carnage: Florida State ran 26 offensive plays for 298 yards during that span, averaging an unearthly 11.5 yards per play, eclipsing a second half that was staggering (39 plays, 341 yards, 8.74 yards per play) on its own. That offensive eruption overshadowed the 'Noles defense shutting down Clemson's phenomenal offense (during the run: 20 plays, 28 yards, 1.4 yards per play allowed; during the first half: 39 plays, 253 yards, 6.5 yards per play allowed), and showcased the depth of elite talent at virtually every position that Florida State has, something that should help the 'Noles hang with anyone in the country.

And to add to that Clemson connected on a number of trick plays from the wr pass, fake field goal, and screen play where the ol didn't move, and scored on one late td where the game was out of hand..had FSU not missed two field goals, and given Clemson great field position inside the 20 on the muffed punt the game could have gotten uglier

:smokin

whats with the all the helmets coming off this year? do we just notice it more because the stupid rule or is it really more?

If Bob Stoops is on any kind of hot seat then Kirk Ferentz at Iowa has to really be on it.and since I've heard for the longest that the only job Stoops would most likely leave OU for is Iowa the. Wonder if it gets revisited this offseason.

If Bob Stoops is on any kind of hot seat then Kirk Ferentz at Iowa has to really be on it.and since I've heard for the longest that the only job Stoops would most likely leave OU for is Iowa the. Wonder if it gets revisited this offseason.

If Kirk Ferentz hasn't been showed the door yet, its never going to happen. The amount of problems that Iowa has had with the law and drug use, both hard drugs and PED's (connecting the dots), is astounding. Ferentz has never been held accountable and its amazing how much gets swept under the rug. Man is a masterful politician. Plus he's got a kid (Center?) on the team.

Funny how both Stoops and Ferentz have been mentioned as candidates for Michigan's last two coaching searches. :nerd:

:pimp: I hope Urban can get a fix on the defense, been giving up #s all season. :smh:
Arkansas just needs to go ahead and hire Charlie and stop bsing. :x

Ohio will look much better on D on Saturday, but its not going to be due to a quick fix. Michigan State is completely one dimensional on offense. Ohio can put 9 in the box the entire game and Maxwell still won't be able to get the ball to his receivers.

i have thought the same thing also with Ferentz, but its still iowa and he comes out of the big 10 each year with a winning record. you got think if he or stoops get NFL offers do they jump on it now

South Carolina has won 10 straight against SEC East opponents.

The Gamecocks have won back-to-back games against Georgia.

Connor Shaw is now 11-1 as an SEC starting QB.

South Carolina has won 23 of its last 26 games at home (loss to Auburn, No. 7 Arky, No. 1 Florida).

Can't wait to be sitting in my usual spot Oct. 6 AT NIGHT cheering on the Gamecocks.

John L. Smith takes a 'guess' that Bobby Petrino lands at Auburn in 2013

By Jerry Hinnen | Blogger
September 24, 2012 3:37 pm ET

0 | Comment

Auburn and Arkansas might each be 1-3, unranked, and among the bigger disappointments in the country. But their Oct. 6 meeting at Jordan-Hare Stadium just got a little bit more interesting all the same.

Razorbacks coach John L. Smith made an appearance at the Little Rock Touchdown Club Monday, where the floor was opened up for questions. Per Arkansas Sports 360 reporter Jim Harris, Smith answered as candidly as he always has -- and raised more than a few eyebrows with this response:

Jim Harris @jimharris360

Ask where he thought Bobby Petrino would end up next year, Kentucky or Auburn, Smith laughed, then said "a better guess would be Auburn."
24 Sep 12

Retweet
Favorite

Smith also reportedly asked fans to stick with the Razorbacks, accidentally (we think) calling them a "state of Alabama program." Per 360, the room became "very uncomfortable."

But that likely won't be as uncomfortable as the pregame (or postgame) handshake between Smith and Gene Chizik when the Razorbacks go to Auburn. It goes without saying, but we'll say it anyway: Publicly casting aspersions on the continued employment of one of your SEC coaching peers is not something that's going to be looked on favorably in most corners of the league ... Auburn most notably.

(And for the record: Even if Chizik somehow oversees the kind of epic collapse that sees him dismissed after this season, the Tigers aren't touching Petrino -- a key figure in the infamous 2003 "Jetgate" scandal that helped land the entire university on academic probation -- with a 10-foot pole.)

Smith's off-beat candor is one of his major selling points as a coach and as a person. But this may be one occasion where he'll wish he'd kept one opinion to himself.

:lol: John L Smith

Last edited:
Gameday going to East Lansing.
Its Miller Time
First real test for Brax under Urban.

Ferentz should have left for the NFL years ago. Think Miami was the most serious suitor?

Who in their right minds would want a Georgia/FSU title game? :x Terrible. It does sound like the perfect Capital One bowl though 8)

Who in their right minds would want a Georgia/FSU title game? :x Terrible. It does sound like the perfect Capital One bowl though 8)

I would go watch it, seeing I'm right down the street.

I guess I would have to cheer for FSU since my GF is a Seminole. :smh: :x

Back
Top Bottom