2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Memphis's recent moves scare me as an OKC fan. We'll probably be in the same place in 2 yrs after Ibaka's extension kicks in. In the 14/15 season, we're paying 57mil for just KD, Ibaka, Russ, and Serge
Martin walking in the summer? I can't imagine him getting more than $8M per.

Ariza, Stevenson, Jennings, Kemba Walker all need or deserve to be on a better team. I've always felt that placing deshawn on the Bulls would make them a legitimate contender.

Some teams should be axed altogether and spread those teams best players around the league.

Ariza, Stevenson, Jennings, Kemba Walker all need or deserve to be on a better team. I've always felt that placing deshawn on the Bulls would make them a legitimate contender.

Some teams should be axed altogether and spread those teams best players around the league.

Raptors
Kings
Wizards
Bobcats

Raptors
Kings
Wizards
Bobcats

Memphis's recent moves scare me as an OKC fan. We'll probably be in the same place in 2 yrs after Ibaka's extension kicks in. In the 14/15 season, we're paying 57mil for just KD, Ibaka, Russ, and Serge
Martin walking in the summer? I can't imagine him getting more than $8M per.
My feelings wouldn't be hurt 1 bit. He's saying all the right things about wanting to be here, enjoying the winning culture (he has been on a 50 win team once in his career), but who knows what someone is going to do when money is on the table? He has missed 20+ games per each of the last 5 seasons and so having only missed 1 so far increases his value. Presti could try to extend him now and prevent him from even getting to free agency, but the problem with that is I want to see how he performs in the playoffs first. I wouldn't be against shopping him now. Maybe we can get a KG or a Granger, somebody who isn't totally 1 dimensional

LA media is delusional. They think the Lakers can pull off a Pau, Jodie Meeks trade for Kevin Love. They think the Timberwolves have 5 year olds sitting behind the desk. They're also saying that the Timberwolves rather have Pau Gasol then a 24 year old Brook Lopez.

Haha, unbelievable. If the Lakers want Kevin Love they need to trade Dwight Howard in a three team deal - not Pau god damn Gasol.

LA media is delusional. They think the Lakers can pull off a Pau, Jodie Meeks trade for Kevin Love. They think the Timberwolves have 5 year olds sitting behind the desk. They're also saying that the Timberwolves rather have Pau Gasol then a 24 year old Brook Lopez.

Haha, unbelievable. If the Lakers want Kevin Love they need to trade Dwight Howard in a three team deal - not Pau god damn Gasol.

"He proved to the league he is one of the best," Rubio said. "He can pass. He can shoot. He can rebound. He can do a lot of things. I think if you use him in the right way he is a top player in this league. If they don't want him, we are more than welcome to get him."

K Love is bolting first chance he gets.... The Twolves is the same team that added like 4 PG & drafted Wesley Johnson & Pau comes off the books next year it damn sure isn't impossible ... Unlikely yea impossible no

I also forgot that they have branded Rubio the future of this franchise so getting a guy who can come in and play very well With rubio and help keep him stable in MINNY is a big deal.

Last edited:

I know, because everyone said there was no way we would get Dwight and that worked out alright.

And certainly you knew the Suns would trade Steve Nash within their own division.

Or that Pau for Kwame would work out.

Certainly LA people are nuts thinking they can strong arm deals. Cuz it's never ever ever happened before. :lol:

Now, that said, do I think we can trade Pau for Love this year? No. But at some point soon, could something somehow be worked out? Yes. I believe Mitch can do anything. So should you.

^Hornets and Bucks too
Include Sacramento too
laugh.gif
The Kings were already mentioned, I was just adding on to that list
Raptors
Kings
Wizards
Bobcats
Include Sacramento too
?????

I know, because everyone said there was no way we would get Dwight and that worked out alright.

And certainly you knew the Suns would trade Steve Nash within their own division.

Certainly LA people are nuts thinking they can strong arm deals. Cuz it's never ever ever happened before. :lol:

Now, that said, do I think we can trade Pau for Love this year? No. But at some point soon, could something somehow be worked out? Yes. I believe Mitch can do anything. So should you.

You traded for a 38 year old Nash (who wanted to play in L.A.) and the Suns respected his wishes. - Not far fetched.

You traded Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard - Not even close to being far-fetched.

Those were fair deals. But to think that the Wolves want a 32 year old Pau Gasol for Kevin Love is ridiculous. Because Rubio wants to play with Pau that'd make it possible? The Wolves would want and need a hell of a lot more for Kevin Love, which they could easily get from another team. Their is so much value in Kevin Love, it'd be impossible. I don't care if you do think Mitch can sell water to a well.

Wolves will deal Kevin Love, I'd guess next season when his value is even higher - but the original rumored deal of last week, of D12 going to Brooklyn, Lopez going to the Wolves, and Love to LA would make a hell of a lot more sense.

You traded for a 38 year old Nash (who wanted to play in L.A.) and the Suns respected his wishes. - Not far fetched.

You traded Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard - Not even close to being far-fetched.

Those were fair deals. But to think that the Wolves want a 32 year old Pau Gasol for Kevin Love is ridiculous. Because Rubio wants to play with Pau that'd make it possible? The Wolves would want and need a hell of a lot more for Kevin Love, which they could easily get from another team. Their is so much value in Kevin Love, it'd be impossible. I don't care if you do think Mitch can sell water to a well.

Wolves will deal Kevin Love, I'd guess next season when his value is even higher - but the original rumored deal of last week, of D12 going to Brooklyn, Lopez going to the Wolves, and Love to LA would make a hell of a lot more sense.
Basketball wise, Pau would be a seamless fit in Adelman's system. But it would make more senses to trade Pekovic than Love because Pau is a center, not power forward.

Back
Top Bottom