2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

We also dealt Pau and LO for Chris Paul, but ya know, things happened.

Dwight for Bynum is considered "fair" now? I don't remember that bein the case when it went down. Hmmm

Basketball wise, Pau would be a seamless fit in Adelman's system. But it would make more senses to trade Pekovic than Love because Pau is a center, not power forward.
Pau is not a power forward? What about the times when he played with Bynum? Bynum was the power forward? 
eyes.gif

We also dealt Pau and LO for Chris Paul, but ya know, things happened.

Dwight for Bynum is considered "fair" now? I don't remember that bein the case when it went down. Hmmm

Dwight wasn't dealt for Bynum though.

Orlando didn't get Bynum, sixers did.

Basketball wise, Pau would be a seamless fit in Adelman's system. But it would make more senses to trade Pekovic than Love because Pau is a center, not power forward.
Pau is not a power forward? What about the times when he played with Bynum? Bynum was the power forward? 
eyes.gif
Save the :rolleyes.

Can Pau play power forward? Yeah. Is it optimal for him at this stage in his career? Nope. The Bynum-Pau combo last season was productive, but hardly a fit. That was just raw talent outplaying opposing frontcourts more than anything.

The Lakers were always at their best when Pau was at center with Odom at power forward.

Last edited:
Dudes lets just stop, Pau is not getting traded for Love. Timberwolves could get a bunch of assets for K Love, wolves are going to try to do what the Nuggets did when they traded Melo, you know, actually get a bunch of good players. Wolves are no where near to being desperate. That BK/LA/MN would be the only one that could make sense right now.

Dudes lets just stop, Pau is not getting traded for Love. Timberwolves could get a bunch of assets for K Love, wolves are going to try to do what the Nuggets did when they traded Melo, you know, actually get a bunch of good players. Wolves are no where near to being desperate. That BK/LA/MN would be the only one that could make sense right now.

So now Kahn knows what he's doing? :lol:

So now Kahn knows what he's doing? :lol:

If he wants to continue to work in the NBA and keep his job I'd assume he would do the right thing and actually get value for Kevin Love. But hey, if you want to believe Pau can be traded for Love, go right ahead son.

So now Kahn knows what he's doing?
laugh.gif
he cant draft for ****. but it wont be hard to get a package of players for Love

well picking up rubio has worked out well for the wolves.. maybe derrick williams didnt pan out that well, but love and rubio mesh well together..

Dude the wolves have had multiple high 1st rounders over the last few years...

What do they have to show for it?

Love and Rubio and Niko ( a 2nd rounder )

You gotta remember when the Wolves took 3 PGs (Rubio, Flynn, Lawson) in one draft. :x Then they trade Lawson for a future 1st and decide to keep Flynn from the group while waiting for Rubio to come over. Flynn is somewhere. Rubio needs to improve his shot but dude is a playmaker. Lawson is blossoming over in Denver.

Last edited:

Can Pau play power forward? Yeah. Is it optimal for him at this stage in his career? Nope. The Bynum-Pau combo last season was productive, but hardly a fit. That was just raw talent outplaying opposing frontcourts more than anything.

The Lakers were always at their best when Pau was at center with Odom at power forward.

Coulda sworn that combo lost to the Celtics in the Finals while the Gasol/Bynum combo produced 2 rings :rolleyes

Coulda sworn that combo lost to the Celtics in the Finals while the Gasol/Bynum combo produced 2 rings :rolleyes
Who closed the end of games during their championship runs?

Thank you.

:rolleyes

Last edited:
I thought we were talking about the productivity of the Lakers bigs but I guess throwing Kobe in your arguement makes sense.....actually no.

I thought we were talking about the productivity of the Lakers bigs but I guess throwing Kobe in your arguement makes sense.....actually no.
I was, but your comprehension lost you in thinking closing games = Kobe when I meant the five man lineup at the end of games.

2008-2009
2009-2010
2010-2011

As you can see, the top ten lineups used in those three seasons mostly consisted of Odom at power forward and one of Gasol/Bynum at center.

Last edited:
Mavurs, the person you are speaking with knows the game very very well, you should listen to what he's telling you, he's right.

whenever couplet88 says something involving the lakers and trades, the exact opposite happens :smokin

keep doing ur thang pleighboi

I know, because everyone said there was no way we would get Dwight and that worked out alright.

couplet88 is the same dude who swore up and down in the laker preseason thread that us laker fans were delusional in thinking we would get dwight for bynum and that dwight didnt want to be traded to the lakers.

so he knows what hes talking about.

what i want to know is will demarcus cousins be traded before the deadline and will it be for paul pierce :lol:

couplet88 is the same dude who swore up and down in the laker preseason thread that us laker fans were delusional in thinking we would get dwight for bynum and that dwight didnt want to be traded to the lakers.

so he knows what hes talking about.

what i want to know is will demarcus cousins be traded before the deadline and will it be for paul pierce :lol:

You always like to bring that up to your Laker constituents and I'll reiterate, Never said Bynum and Dwight was an unfair trade, I said and I'll continue to say, Dwight didn't want to go LA, he never chose to go to the Lakers, and their were 3 other teams he rather have played for. So at the end of the day (in a superstar driven league), what logically made more sense?

It's not my fault the Magic took the weaker deal and never granted Dwight his wishes, but most importantly - it's not my fault that the Lakers gambled the future of their franchise on Dwight's emotions and indecisiveness to sign with a team he never wanted to play for.

So you want to let that go Noble? Or do you want to brush along the lines of illogicalness with most if your brethren and think that the Lakers are going to get Kevin Love for Pau Gasol?

Mavurs, the person you are speaking with knows the game very very well, you should listen to what he's telling you, he's right.

Stop the slurpage please. I've been watching the game since I was 5 or so. Do you know the game well? If so then you can respect my opinion as I'm doing to him.

Stop the slurpage please. I've been watching the game since I was 5 or so. Do you know the game well? If so then you can respect my opinion as I'm doing to him.
you been watching Knicjk games, we are watching Lakers games and this topic is about the Lakers so we probably know what we talking about.

Odom-Gasol combo was Phils go to front court for both championships

Back
Top Bottom