2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Jesus Christ at KG, Ibaka, Durant, Thabo, Russ and KMart/Collison off the bench.

**** that ****.

OKC would be able to beat the Heat in the finals if they get KG. It'd be exactly what they need. Physicality, rebounding, toughness, and experience.

It'd be tough to get it done tho.

OKC would be able to beat the Heat in the finals if they get KG. It'd be exactly what they need. Physicality, rebounding, toughness, and experience.

It'd be tough to get it done tho.

Why would Boston want Perkins back on that kinda deal if they're rebuilding? The Clippers have a better chance IMO. They could throw Odom's expiring, Bledsoe or something to get KG.
perkins deal is for cheaper but i see what u mean

at the end of the day i dont see boston making a move

Last edited:
Redick, Dudley and/or Tyreke.

Those are the 3 guys I want. Hopefully, Memphis could somehow work out a 3 way with ORL and PHO to get both Dudley and JJ. If not, maybe a 3 way with BOS and PHX or ORL.

Like I said in the NBA thread, I just have a weird feeling that Rudy is going to be traded soon.
wait u want to trade rudy gay but want Tyreke evans on your team?

at the end of the day i dont see boston making a move

You really think they sit still knowin they won't go anywhere? They have some value left in KG and Pierce still, maybe even Terry and Lee. Now, I can understand holdin on to Pierce, a career Celtic, unless he asks to be dealt, but KG and anyone else they can flip, they should do.

Only other thing I could see them tryin would be to deal trash + draft picks and try and steal Lowry from Toronto. That would be my first call, if I can't get a PG to replace Rondo, then I start breakin pieces off.

If the Maloofs have already made their deal to sell the team...do they still have control over trade decisions at the deadline?

I mean personally if I was buying a franchise I would want to start controlling personnel decisions ASAP. I wouldnt want the idiot Maloofs screwing with the team im about to own any more than they have.

I wonder if their is a "unofficial" part of the deal saying that roster moves have to be approved through them right now even while the deal is still being processed?

Last edited:
wait u want to trade rudy gay but want Tyreke evans on your team?

I'm sayin though....Tyreke Evans would **** EVERYTHING up in Memphis. I really like the Grizzlies team too....for everyone's sake I hope he stays far, far away from that team. Send him to Toronto or Milwaukee.

I just can't see Boston making that move. It makes a ton of sense for OKC, maybe if OKC throws in a pick and a prodigy.

I think Ainge will give the Celtics two weeks and go from there.

There's only a handful of teams that really make sense for Pierce and Garnett.

If the Maloofs have already made their deal to sell the team...do they still have control over trade decisions at the deadline?

I mean personally if I was buying a franchise I would want to start controlling personnel decisions ASAP. I wouldnt want the idiot Maloofs screwing with the team im about to own any more than they have.

I wonder if their is a "unofficial" part of the deal saying that roster moves have to be approved through them right now even while the deal is still being processed?

I doubt the league would allow any transactions until the sale is complete.

You really think they sit still knowin they won't go anywhere? They have some value left in KG and Pierce still, maybe even Terry and Lee. Now, I can understand holdin on to Pierce, a career Celtic, unless he asks to be dealt, but KG and anyone else they can flip, they should do.

Only other thing I could see them tryin would be to deal trash + draft picks and try and steal Lowry from Toronto. That would be my first call, if I can't get a PG to replace Rondo, then I start breakin pieces off.
terry is playing like trash and is owned 5 million a year for each of the next 3 years and lee has a bad contract also

KG is owned 11 million each of the next 3 years. KG would help a few teams this year but after that the contract is dead weight

im going more with boston will have no choice but to stay put and fight for the 8th seed because its going to be hard for teams to add the contract of players they want to trade.

On another note, I could see Garnett retiring this summer, trade or no trade.

I don't agree with everyone else about Tyreke. I just think he needs a better situation.

Yea, playing in a bubble. Dude is an injury waiting to happen.

Hes a great player when he gets on the floor. But he only gets on the floor for like 50 or 60 games a season. Then factor in playoffs in most seasons if he goes to a contender. Dude will prolly be out the league on that B Roy tip in a couple years unless he can find his way to Phoenix.

Last edited:
I don't see Boston making a move either. I feel like they're pretty limited in terms of doing anything that even makes sense.

isnt Boozer finally playing good tho?
laugh.gif
That is true sir. But he can't be trusted. Nonetheless, we will see when Rose gets back

Any word on Houston trading Lin? I heard a few weeks they weren't happy with his performance for that money they paid him and were looking at Toronto or another team.

Back
Top Bottom