2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

I'd like LA to go after KG. Would solidify us defensively and since Pau is crying about coming off the bench, give him his wish to be a starter again. Pau-Ebanks-Morris for KG-Lee/Barbosa.

I'd like LA to go after KG. Would solidify us defensively and since Pau is crying about coming off the bench, give him his wish to be a starter again. Pau-Ebanks-Morris for KG-Lee/Barbosa.

would he then hate himself and consider himself a traitor?

I'm all for coming up for trade scenarios ...

But outside of your bias for the lakers what sense this make for the celtics? Please explain?

A worst player for a worse contract...

So outside of helping the lakers how does this help the celtics? And please no bias.

yea hope everything clicks when Rose gets back, you guys are playing great without Deng and Rose
We're great against good teams, but horrible against weak teams
mean.gif

Don't really have anything substantive that it would do for Boston except possibly still have them make the playoffs this season and maybe have a huge trade chip or expiring in Pau's contract for next season if they are going to blow up the team anyway. Plus two young players who could amount to something but just don't have that chance in LA right now. I'm assuming they move Pierce as well for maybe Rudy Gay. Pau-Gay or Pau-Pierce and the rest of those characters should be enough to make the playoffs in the East this season. Other than that it's just wishful thinking on my part.

The Bucks situation is a confusing one. If there are no plans to resign both Monta and Jennings it would be smart to deal them obviously. But even if we don't I don't see them trading either. They're really starting to click with this new coach and we've been winning games. I don't see them being dealt due to the fact we're more than likely going to make the playoffs and are capable of winning a series.

I think Jennings has been playing like he deserves the money. We can clearly see he has improved and thats pretty much what we were waiting for. I think we will throw the money at him. I'm positive he won't be traded. The only way he leaves is if he simply decides he would rather play somewhere else than Milwaukee. In that case I will want to kick him in the balls.

If its one or the other obviously Monta will be the one to go. But like I said I don't see us dealing him simply due to us making the playoffs. It will depend on how the rest of the season goes and how we finish it as to whether or not we offer him a contract along with Jennings. I think management wouldn't mind signing both and neither would I. As long as the role players do their part the Bucks win games. BJ and Monta are forming great chemistry. If it weren't for Skiles trying to sabotage our year by starting Marquis friggin Daniels and Mbah a moute we could very well be leading the division right now. Monta and BJ have been harassing gaurds all year on D and with the huge improvement in Larry Sanders along with how well Henson has been playing as a rookie it could work by signing both. What I think will happen is we sign Jennings, Monta decides to come back next year with his player option and we go from there.

What I would like to happen is that we somehow snag Rudy Gay while keeping BJ and Monta. Perhaps by throwing Tobias Harris who will be very good, and Mbah Moute. Idk if I'd want to throw Ersan in there instead though. BJ Monta and Gay would be a problem though.

Last edited:
The Bucks situation is a confusing one. If there are no plans to resign both Monta and Jennings it would be smart to deal them obviously. But even if we don't I don't see them trading either. They're really starting to click with this new coach and we've been winning games. I don't see them being dealt due to the fact we're more than likely going to make the playoffs and are capable of winning a series.

I think Jennings has been playing like he deserves the money. We can clearly see he has improved and thats pretty much what we were waiting for. I think we will throw the money at him. I'm positive he won't be traded. The only way he leaves is if he simply decides he would rather play somewhere else than Milwaukee. In that case I will want to kick him in the balls.

If its one or the other obviously Monta will be the one to go. But like I said I don't see us dealing him simply due to us making the playoffs. It will depend on how the rest of the season goes and how we finish it as to whether or not we offer him a contract along with Jennings. I think management wouldn't mind signing both and neither would I. As long as the role players do their part the Bucks win games. BJ and Monta are forming great chemistry. If it weren't for Skiles trying to sabotage our year by starting Marquis friggin Daniels and Mbah a moute we could very well be leading the division right now. Monta and BJ have been harassing gaurds all year on D and with the huge improvement in Larry Sanders along with how well Henson has been playing as a rookie it could work by signing both. What I think will happen is we sign Jennings, Monta decides to come back next year with his player option and we go from there.

What I would like to happen is that we somehow snag Rudy Gay while keeping BJ and Monta. Perhaps by throwing Tobias Harris who will be very good, and Mbah Moute. Idk if I'd want to throw Ersan in there instead though. BJ Monta and Gay would be a problem though.

He likes Mil., but be ready to kick him in the balls.

Yikes...

Any word on Houston trading Lin? I heard a few weeks they weren't happy with his performance for that money they paid him and were looking at Toronto or another team.
I don't think we will trade him. But the harden trade really makes the Lin signing pointless as they both need the ball to becat their best. So in that sense I could see a trade but I don't see it happening.

Man OKC ain't bout to do ****, I hate our owners. At most, we probably deal Maynor since he has been completely removed from the rotation and refused a D League assignment. Philly called but we turned them down even though they had to have offered us like Kwame and Moultrie which wouldn't be bad at all. I wish you could trade coaches too by the way. Anyways, we need more/better bench scoring, a smallball 4, a more reliable backup pg, a LeBron stopper (he doesn't shut him down per se but I'm liking LR Mbah a Moute here), a scoring big in that order.

Problem is, our owners are O.D cheap so they have to be on expiring deals for equal to or less than what we send out or rookies/old vets overplaying their contract's value, they're O.D conservative and judgemental so the person needs to have minimal tattoos and can't have ever been in any type of trouble in their lifetime, and O.D resistant to change so it has to be a deal that is just tremendously lopsided in our favor.

As far as assets we have, we have the Toronto Raptor's draft pick (top 3 protected, based on current record projected to be #6), Dallas's first rd pick, our own first rd pick, Charlotte's 2nd rd pick, promising rookies Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones 3, sophomore point guard Reggie Jackson, and Kevin Martin playing extremely efficient ball on a huge almost 13 million dollar expiring.

Oh and for some reason everyone loves Perkins and his 4 pts 5 boards with "intangibles" so he's likely going nowhere.

Only thing somewhat realistic for us is maybe Milsap for Kevin Martin, then we need to make our for the hole it leaves in our bench scoring

:x

Last edited:
The Bucks would have three perimeter oriented players that need to dominate the ball. Just to be inefficient, one dimensional scorers who would make lots of money. In a small market, with this CBA that's a no no.

Last edited:
The Bucks would have three perimeter oriented players that need to dominate the ball. Just to be inefficient, one dimensional scorers who would make lots of money. In a small market, with this CBA that's a no no.

Damnit P, i basically just said that...

But your version sounds soooo much better. You have a much better skill of explaining basketball :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom