2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Lakers won't want Booz taking up $17 mil in 2014-15.

If He expired next year, I think it would have happened last year.

Last edited:
Cavs would a solid fringe playoff-possible sixth seed type team next year with Kyrie, Josh, and Verejao. I dunno if they have the assets to get a trade done though. But none of them play Lebron's position, either :nerd:

Boozer's got an extra year beyond Pau's at a similar price. Teams are gonna be scared of the repeater tax in the new CBA. I'd say Boozer's value is worse, though both are degrees of untradeable.

Last edited:
The Atlanta Hawks continue to shop Josh Smith to multiple teams.

The Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns have been most active in discussions for Smith.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and will seek a max contract.

The Boston Celtics and Washington Wizards have also been mentioned in trade talks, but are considered longshots.

Most observers expect trade activity to stall until the Smith situation is resolved, or the deadline approaches.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Josh Smith is def gone in less then 24 hours, whose it gonna be fellas?

I'll say Suns, they'd make the mistake of signing Josh Smith to a max-contract. Nets have too much going on and the Bucks seem smarter than that.

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping a Dwight trade happens. As a lifelong Laker fan, this **** makes Kobe V. Shaq seem like a walk in the park.

Pacers should trade hibbert and granger for j smoove anyway you can pull it off

D west can play the 5

tony douglas is a very good player, you woudlnt know his max potential cause rockets are stuck starting an overpriced, overhyped player in Lin. 
they know theyre not winning on the court, its the marketing capital that fueled that move. Harden will be an AI, Stackhouse kind of player 

View media item 278420

:rofl:

Marcus Morris inactive. Kevin McHale told @Jonathan_Feigen, "Talk to Daryl." Here we go.

View media item 279337

Last edited:
So even if it is just for half a year if Josh Smith says he's willing to come here I think we should take a shot at the opportunity while we're already holding on to a playoff spot. We don't have a whole lot to lose other than ticket sales.

I get that, because that's the conventional wisdom here in Minnesota too. Get the guys, and while they're being forced to play against their will for you... THEN try to convince them to stay and realize "it's not so bad here".

I just don't get what another playoff series is gonna do for the Bucks... an inevitable first round exit.. with NBATV getting exclusive rights to an unwatchable playoff series just like three years ago when y'all went a full 7 with the Hawks.

Rebuild, and while you're doing that, don't construct a team with more chuckers than there are skyscrapers in Milwaukee. No one wants to be a mix of the Warriors pre-Klay and the Hawks of the 2000s. That makes about as much sense as Mike D'Antoni being a die-hard Badgers fan of Bo Ryan's electrifying offense.

Alright, I've already typed this out and telling you from the start sorry but is borderline essay-ish again. But I think it answers your question all with necessary points being made.

Milwaukee and Minnesota are in two different situations though. We're trying to keep the team from relocating. As a fan id be more than willing to tank and get high draft picks and go get someone like Shabazz Muhammad. But we don't have the luxury of having time to rebuild by being the worst team in the league and hoping for top 5 picks that aren't even guaranteed. More than any other team i feel bad for Minnesota and they're a perfect example of what could go wrong which would ultimately remove the Bucks from Milwaukee. Since Garnett left how many top 5 picks have you had 6 or 7? Getting screwed out of Irving for a useless Derrick Williams. Nothing you could even do with the pick other than sit on it cause that's how useless a #2 pick was :smh: The only 2 hits were Love and Rubio? Love, the bigger hit of the 2 has a good chance of leaving. Or did he get an extension? Either way neither are superstars that will carry your team through out the playoffs and dominate. Love is certainly good enough to help a star win a ring. I like Rubio, still not that player you give a max deal and rely on to go fetch a ring with though. So after all these years of rebuilding through the draft its now 2013 and your still at the bottom of the barrel. The Milwaukee Bucks would be no more if that happened to us.

We need to stay relevant and rebuild at the same time without top 5 picks. So what does another playoff series do for the Bucks? You still didn't read that article did you? :lol: It buys us time to rebuild. So far Hammond has done a great job. Very bright future with Sanders and Henson in the front court. Hoping for a possible resting future star in Tobias Harris. We're not tied down to anyone financially. We're in the driver seat with Jennings and can match any offer he gets. If someone offers him something ridiculous than whatever they lost not the Bucks. Worst case scenario we have a ton of money to work with. Sit on it until its the right time to unload while our young guys develop. We neeeed to make the playoffs so people are still talking about the Bucks.

I was gonna go on about why Smith will be good for the Bucks but don't wanna ramble more than I have. Pretty much we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

As I type that a buddy just texted me a link saying Josh Smith isn't against re-signing with the Bucks. He said he doesn't mind the city or the weather and likes the roster enough to stay.

The Bucks are gonna pull the trigger.

As I type that a buddy just texted me a link saying Josh Smith isn't against re-signing with the Bucks. He said he doesn't mind the city or the weather and likes the roster enough to stay.

The Bucks are gonna pull the trigger.

In Smith speak, that means Bucks will be a team dumb enough to give him a max deal at the end of the year.

Nah, this isn't the same management that signed Redd for 100 million dollars. Hammond isn't an idiot. We laughed in Jennings face at his max deal proposal.

Back
Top Bottom