*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

Yea, Bears signed Trent Edwards. I havent seen him throw a football since......cant remember.

If the Lions offens is successful this year, it will be in spite of Scott Linnehan, NOT because of him

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN
Early returns on Hester are positive http://es.pn/1dpNDUu

Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett
Should Calvin Johnson, Louis Delmas play this week? #Lions still undecided http://www.freep.com/article/20130820/SPORTS01/308200115

The only game preseason game that has really ever mattered coming up for all of us this week. :pimp:

Adrian Peterson is officially playing against the 49ers. I get that he needs to get jarred and get the body just a tad in tune for the real stuff... but why risk it when we know from just last year, he doesn't need it.

I don't know. But maybe the want to see how it syncs the whole offense given that the defense couldn't care any less about Toby carrying the ball. He's garbage. At least this gives them a serious look at how well the team as a whole will mesh given all its starters in...If only for two series or so.

I don't care about syncing, that's for iPods. I just want him to spend all preseason outside of the white rectangle with horizontal lines, and then spend all regular season inside of it.

I'm getting old but I don't remember Barry really playing in preseason games once he reached the point in his career AP is at.

Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam
I know @nfldraftscout is on this with his All-Pro predictions, but come end of 2013 I think we'll all see Nick Fairly as NFL's 2nd best DT

Aj Mansour ‏@AjKFAN
Matt Kalil also back at practice today and IS expected to play Sunday night in San Francisco. #Vikings

Aj Mansour ‏@AjKFAN
Sharrif Floyd underwent successful "minor surgery" and Frazier said he should "be back with us for sure" by week 1. #Vikings

Last edited:
Jaws: Lacy will help Packers to SB XLVIII

By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

Earlier this week, the oddsmaker Bovada listed Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy third in the race for the 2013 NFL offensive rookie of the year.

With 7/1 odds, Lacy ranked behind only St. Louis Rams receiver Tavon Austin (5/1) and Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball (11/2).

Count ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski among those who think Lacy could have a major impact. In fact, when making his Super Bowl XLVIII prediction today, Jaworski cited Lacy as one of the reasons he thinks the Packers will play the Denver Broncos for the title.

In the video, Jaworski and Adam Schefter explain their Super Bowl predictions.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/60063/jaws-lacy-will-help-packers-to-sb-xlviii

:rofl:

Jaws is on fire lately. Although, I really think Eddie Lacy will make a significantly better all-around offense. I was pissed when they got him.

Yeah, but... their issues go sooooo much further than just the RB position.

Yeah, but... their issues go sooooo much further than just the RB position.

Oh, I know. I don't see them in the SB because of it, but Lacy is a for sure upgrade in my opinion and they're already dangerous on offense with Rodgers so even though they have holes, they're still an "any given Sunday will put up 40 points" type team.

Oh, I know. I don't see them in the SB because of it, but Lacy is a for sure upgrade in my opinion and they're already dangerous on offense with Rodgers so even though they have holes, they're still an "any given Sunday will put up 40 points" type team.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY YALL ENTERTAIN JAWS.

Lions looked good yesterday. Bush is a perfect compliment in that offense. It's still hard to look too much into preseason, but at first blush, the Lions are one guy stepping up to be a legit #2 receiver from being a very potent offense. As if they aren't already.

stafford has been terrible, and it seems that no one wants to step up and shine from a WR standpoint besides calvin.

Stafford looks like garbage.

Them receivers ain't that good but they were open at times and he missed them.

I'm actually starting to get concerned.

This is probably going to be the first year the defense is what Schwartz and crew envisioned though.

Stafford is my biggest concern right now

Last edited:
Recorded the Lions/Pats game. Went back and watched Stafford's play based on what you guys said.

Most of the Lions points came off of takeaways their defense got pretty deep in the Patriots zone. Stafford does look off, he's a touch high on all of his passes (that dump left to Bush that went over his head, the lob to the EZ that sailed high). Even on Tony Scheffler's TD Scheffler had to make a "Scheffler catch". He seems to be hitting Bush as a safety net a lot... something to think about fantasy-wise.

Kendall Thompkins. :nerd:

I'll be honest, I never saw the game, but watched highlights and that's what I get for trusting these stupid *** "highlight" shows. They didn't focus much at all on Stafford so maybe I'll check out the replay. Is it mechanics again or what?

Well he kept doing his little ******g sidearm throw whenever he would dump it off to Bush... but he was just simply overthrowing receivers.

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN
Leslie Frazier wouldn't say much about how much work Peterson will see on Sunday night. But starters will play into third quarter. #Vikings

Well he kept doing his little ******g sidearm throw whenever he would dump it off to Bush... but he was just simply overthrowing receivers.

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN
Leslie Frazier wouldn't say much about how much work Peterson will see on Sunday night. But starters will play into third quarter. #Vikings

The sidearm doesn't bother me. People bring it up too much.

Its the fact that dude has had a cleanish pocket and is flat out missing dudes.

Back
Top Bottom