*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

If he's overthrowing receivers then it's most definitely do to throwing sidearm. That's one of the main reasons why footballs sail on a quarterback - dropping below a 3/4 slot on their throwing motion.

If he's overthrowing receivers then it's most definitely do to throwing sidearm. That's one of the main reasons why footballs sail on a quarterback - dropping below a 3/4 slot on their throwing motion.

That's the thing when he overthrows people he's not throwing it sidearm.

Hell its getting to the point he can ONLY throw an accurate pass when its sidearm.

Clean pocket, normal drop=a foot too high.

Dudes in his face, back foot , side arm=hits dudes in their hands.

Don't make no damn sense.

I'd say don't judge Stafford before Calvin and a fully healthy Broyles come back. Calvin obviously makes everybody else better and Broyles is gonna be reliable and able to move the chains. I didn't see any receiver last night really get any kind of separation other then maybe Edwards like twice. Bush looked great though, him and Megatron on the field together are going to be a problem. Also the d-line looked fantastic, in fact the whole d last night looked pretty pumped up to be playing against Brady and the Pats.

Bears look phenomenal so far. 24-0 with 11 min left in the 2nd quarter! !! Forte looks sleek and quick. Alshon is ballin. Jay is accurate and controlled. o-line looks terrific. The defense is in total control too.

Expecting a big season out of Alshon and Cutler, unfortunately. Marshall is a given.

Lets hope Stephen from Laguna Beach sends Jay's wife a nude pic every Sunday this season to throw off his vibe.

I'm actually REALLY pessimistic this season. Just the vibe I'm getting. Logically, we shouldn't take a step back but I have a gut feeling we will. I've been burnt by this team too many times and I'm gonna hold back until we actually make the playoffs.

That said, watching the offense and the OL is extremely encouraging. We look completely different compared to years past. No false starts, plays getting called in not only on time but quickly, the OL is dominating, play calling is rhythmic and not idiotic, etc. If anyone ***** it up for us, it'll probably be Cutler.

Any word about how Ponder's deep ball is looking in practice? I don't see much improvement in him from last year so far this preseason... :\

I don't know about practice, but that first deep ball of the game to Jennings wasn't all that bad. While it could've been better, Jennings also needs to make a better adjustment.

Their rapport hasn't seemed to improved through preseason.

I don't know about practice, but that first deep ball of the game to Jennings wasn't all that bad. While it could've been better, Jennings also needs to make a better adjustment.

Their rapport hasn't seemed to improved through preseason.

I think that play should of been design to Patterson instead of Jennings

After watching the Niners Vikings game last night, I came away with one thing about the Vikes......

.....damn their new helmets are SICK!!!  Nice little upgrade.

The Vikes O-line has been playing pretty crappy as well so I'm hoping that has to do with the sketchy QB play...

Vikings’ Jerome Felton suspended three games

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 26, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT

Jerome Felton, the Vikings’ starting fullback, will miss the first three games of the regular season.

The NFL has announced that Felton is suspended three games for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy.

Felton, who was arrested for drunk driving last year, is Adrian Peterson’s lead blocker when the Vikings line up in the I formation. He played in all 16 games for the Vikings last season, starting seven.

Although Felton will be eligible to play in Thursday’s preseason finale, he must leave the team by Saturday and will not be permitted back at practice until Monday, September 23, following Minnesota’s Week 3 game against the Browns.

Felton was a Pro Bowler last year and signed a three-year, $7.5 million contract with the Vikings this year.Vikings’ Jerome Felton suspended three games

No ligament damage for Kevin Williams

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 26, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT

All things considered, it could have been much worse.

The Vikings announced that defensive tackle Kevin Williams suffered no ligament damage from last night’s low hit from 49ers backup guard Joe Looney.

“Kevin Williams suffered a hyperextension injury to his right knee in last night’s football game,” Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said in a statement distributed by the team. “An MRI exam today revealed a significant bone contusion as well as a posterior capsular strain. Kevin was fortunate in that there was no injury to any of his ligaments.”

There was no word about a time frame for his return. Williams was upset by the hit, which he should have been, but he can now breathe a sign of relief.

Felton, who was arrested for drunk driving last year, is Adrian Peterson’s lead blocker when the Vikings line up in the I formation. He played in all 16 games for the Vikings last season, starting seven.

Although Felton will be eligible to play in Thursday’s preseason finale, he must leave the team by Saturday and will not be permitted back at practice until Monday, September 23, following Minnesota’s Week 3 game against the Browns.

Felton was a Pro Bowler last year and signed a three-year, $7.5 million contract with the Vikings this year.

As for Felton, this is a significant blow.

As many know, Adrian Peterson is on the record before 2012 saying "I like playing without a fullback" "I don't need a fullback" etc. He changed his tune after the 2012 season, and many attributed his 2,000 yard season to not only the improved offensive line but the supreme blocking ability of Jerome Felton.

He was a Pro Bowler, and there was a reason for it.

Glad he'll be back for the Pittsburgh game, but unfortunately he'll miss WK 2 @ Soldier Field, a place we haven't won in what seems like ages.

AP always terrorizes the Motor City, so I'm not too worried about that. But his presence is going to certainly be missed.

Glad K-Will is okay as well. His status for Week 1 is going to be questionable apparently, and that's a HUGE positive based on how it looked when NBC went to that commercial break after the injury. Get healthy.

Last edited:
This is the opposite of trash talk but I just had a pretty random, perhaps late, sudden realization. The best QB, RB, and WR reside in the NFC North.

Woo hoo. Go us.

And the best friend of a steroid kingpin.

Last edited:
Wat do you mean "and"? If you're not talking about Rodgers than who? Cause the QB I was referring to was Rodgers.

Rodgers and Clay.

The apple doesn't fall far.....

Last edited:
Heh, Thought you were trying to add to the list of tired jokes about Rodgers and Braun. Googled Braun and Clay and had no idea Clay and Braun considered eachother friends.

Ah well, it doesn't bother me if you want to add another Packer to that list I posted.

Last edited:
Clay and Cush I meant... HGH!!!!!

But oh, Clay and Ryan Braun are friends too????

The apple doesn't fall far....

O man Clay and Cushing went over my head. When I hear a steroid joke associated with Wisconsin sports naturally I assume its about only Rodgers or Braun. At the beginning I was naive about Braun, but Clay being on the juice a some point in his career I never doubted. People like Clay make you wonder how many people are out there who got away with it. Basically why I really don't give a ****.

If the Lions sweep the Vikes, I won't post until February 2nd when the Super Bowl has concluded and the NFL season is officially over.
If the Vikes sweep the Lions, you don't post until February 2nd when the Super Bowl has concluded and the NFL season is officially over.

Thus, since the Lions and Vikings face off in Week 17, the loser's drought would be from December 29th-February 2nd.

Only condition: Since the last game of the series is in Week 17, the bet gets voided if either team is resting key guys purposely because they're on the verge of a playoff berth and a win or loss wouldn't matter to them. That just would be dumb.

Bet it.

Back
Top Bottom