*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

Wanted to see what you had in mind, unless of course I could just slip that one by you. Had to at least try :lol:

If the Lions sweep the Vikes, I won't post until February 2nd when the Super Bowl has concluded and the NFL season is officially over.
If the Vikes sweep the Lions, you don't post until February 2nd when the Super Bowl has concluded and the NFL season is officially over.

Thus, since the Lions and Vikings face off in Week 17, the loser's drought would be from December 29th-February 2nd.

Only condition: Since the last game of the series is in Week 17, the bet gets voided if either team is resting key guys purposely because they're on the verge of a playoff berth and a win or loss wouldn't matter to them. That just would be dumb.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1730835-green-bay-packers-players-engage-in-all-out-brawl-in-camp

punching helmets
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Jermichael Finally gonna stop @*%#in around.

Last edited:
I skimmed that article and as soon as I saw them say Cutler had Brandon Marshall but Stafford had much better weaponry I immediately clicked the X

Not enough stonefaces for you. Actually reading the article and sinking in what it's saying must be tough fo your genius level intellect. If Stafford was the better QB why is his W-L record so bad?

Lions receivers performed way better than the Bears. Granted they were not as reliable, the Bears receivers were DREADFUL.

Last edited:
Not enough stonefaces for you. Actually reading the article and sinking in what it's saying must be tough fo your genius level intellect. If Stafford was the better QB why is his W-L record so bad?

Lions receivers performed way better than the Bears. Granted they were not as reliable, the Bears receivers were DREADFUL.

Look at the Bears team overall. Better run game, better full team defense. Those are the main reasons Cutler has a better win loss record, qb's are big factors but teams win games. That article focuses in on one thing, not the big picture. Cutler is like Romo, has decent moments but also has several moments each year that leave you wondering how the hell he is a NFL QB. Stafford has a much higher ceiling than Cutler, I am going to leave it at that.

Look at the Bears team overall. Better run game, better full team defense. Those are the main reasons Cutler has a better win loss record, qb's are big factors but teams win games. That article focuses in on one thing, not the big picture. Cutler is like Romo, has decent moments but also has several moments each year that leave you wondering how the hell he is a NFL QB. Stafford has a much higher ceiling than Cutler, I am going to leave it at that.

I agree with his ceiling but outside of his 5000 yard season I don't see it

Stafford has a much higher ceiling than Cutler, I am going to leave it at that.

Knowing what we know now about Cutler, it's easy to say that though. Cutler's been playing for 7 years already. :lol:

He is what he is. I would definitely argue that if we're talking skill-set, Cutler probably wins every time in terms of potential. But again, we already know enough about him to conclude he just doesn't have the "it" to put it all together for long-term consistency. Only thing I can see happening in regards to Cutler is him having a dream season where he's absolutely on fire and the momentum lasts an entire season, but probably doesn't fully carry over into the next season.

Last edited:
Knowing what we know now about Cutler, it's easy to say that though. Cutler's been playing for 7 years already. :lol:

He is what he is. I would definitely argue that if we're talking skill-set, Cutler probably wins every time in terms of potential. But again, we already know enough about him to conclude he just doesn't have the "it" to put it all together for long-term consistency. Only thing I can see happening in regards to Cutler is him having a dream season where he's absolutely on fire and the momentum lasts an entire season, but probably doesn't fully carry over into the next season.

When was Cutler ever in a prime position to excel with the Bears though? if he doesn't show it this season it's understandable but he hasn't had any stability.

True, but there's so many other factors that are more specific to Cutler as individual that Cutler hasn't overcome in 7 seasons that lend you to believe that any stability excuses may be just a peripheral reason as to why he's not an elite-level QB today.

Well no Paul, I was more agreeing with you about the momentum carrying over an entire season part but then returning to his ways.

I think he'll absolutely light it up this year if he starts hot, but I don't think it turns on a career switch (if that's what you gleaned from my post).

Well no Paul, I was more agreeing with you about the momentum carrying over an entire season part but then returning to his ways.

I think he'll absolutely light it up this year if he starts hot, but I don't think it turns on a career switch (if that's what you gleaned from my post).

Yeah, man...I got what you were saying. My post was in response to illmatic.

[h1]Lions: Darius Slay gets a stadium lesson[/h1]
August, 8, 2013
Aug 8

10:00

AM ET

By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- It appears that Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay has given us this year's Ryan Tannehill moment.

det.gif
As you might recall, Tannehill -- the Miami Dolphins' quarterback -- could not name the teams in the NFC North last summer while appearing on HBO's "Hard Knocks" series. This year, Slay admitted to MMQB.com that he initially was confused when teammates spoke during a film session of the stadium where the Green Bay Packers play.

According to the piece, Slay assumed "Lambeau" was a reference to a Lamborghini sports car and was confused. Slay: "I knew what a Lambo was, but I didn't know it was Green Bay's stadium. They said, 'Man, that’s the stadium!' I said, 'Oh man …'"

Many of you have asked how Slay looked in practice during this week's trip to Lions camp. He has mostly worked with the second team in the drills I've seen, but there are at least two important and undeniable observations. First, he appears healthy after an offseason impacted by eventual knee surgery. Second, he is as big of a cornerback as we've seen in a Lions uniform in a while.

Wednesday, I saw Slay go high on a jump ball with tight end Tony Scheffler in the end zone and knock it away. Scheffler is listed at 6-foot-5. Those are the kinds of plays the Lions drafted him to make. Now, if he can just learn his NFC North terminology ...
"Some lady signed it.... Baby.... Baby Ruth?"
1000930_10201466593377669_1887389519_n.jpg

Cutler has yet to be in an ideal setting, here with the Bears. However, this is the most talent he's had around him. He either leads this team to a deep run in the playoffs, or we move on and sign a young QB and kinda re-start under Emery and Trestman. Forte is gonna have a great year, and should eleviate some of the pressure. Jay needs to be smart, but not timid. Its a combination that'll get wins, even if it seems like a stretch for him.

Green Bay doesn't scare me, but Rodgers does.

Minny doesn't scare me, but All Day does.

Detroit....well, I like them getting Reggie Bush, and Calvin is Calvin.

Bears just need to take care of business. Tough division, but winnable.

I skimmed that article and as soon as I saw them say Cutler had Brandon Marshall but Stafford had much better weaponry I immediately clicked the X

You aren't this slow.

Matt Stafford was the youngest quarterback in the history of the NFL on the worst team in NFL history. He's never had a 1000 yard rusher or a defense ranked higher 24th.

The **** you think his W-L record was going to be in that situation. :lol:

Stafford can fail, he may not get any better than what he is right now and that's still better than Jay Cutler.

You aren't this slow.

Matt Stafford was the youngest quarterback in the history of the NFL on the worst team in NFL history. He's never had a 1000 yard rusher or a defense ranked higher 24th.

Stafford can fail, he may not get any better than what he is right now and that's still better than Jay Cutler.

The highlight of Cutler's career was riding that bike on the sideline of the NFC championship game.

The highlight of Cutler's career was riding that bike on the sideline of the NFC championship game.

lolololololololololololol, thats HILLarious

if u ever release a comedy album, count me in for a few copies.....

Not!

Last edited:
You aren't this slow.

Based on what champ?

You aren't this slow.

Based on what champ?

Based on being better at everything that has to do with being the quarterback of an Nfl team.

Jay culter had a historic level of production from his defense and missed the playoffs

My mind is kinda blown on why y'all defend him so much.

:lol: seriously. If there's a bum on my team I'm gonna call him a bum. I don't get why some of you will take a bullet for Jay, he's obviously a total douchebag and not really very good

Back
Top Bottom