2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Expected move, had to be done. Holmes and Cro both. Shields sets the market for Verner. Verner is younger and better, could get 4/$48M or 5/$55M ballpark.

I don't think Sanders has the same attitude problems that Santonio has. I don't think Sanders had half of the off the field issues that Holmes has had. I said it before and I'll say if again, I think we could get Nicks on a bargain price if we play out cards right. He's the big target Gino needs. Can't wait to show Hill the door. That guy is garbage truck juice!

As for the CB position, I don't want a rookie or Wilson starting this year in that position. I think Cro could come back reduced salary, if not Verner could be a a option.

TE should be drafted this year. Lots of good pass catchers.

Anyone think that HUGE WR playing in Clemson on the other side of Watkins could be a deadly TE in the NFL? I'm telling you, if we could get that kid in the second round and get him to become alittle bit of a better blocker he could do things the the league. Is he for entering the draft? ANY THOUGHTS?!

Last edited:
I don't think Sanders has the same attitude problems that Santonio has. I don't think Sanders had half of the off the field issues that Holmes has had. I said it before and I'll say if again, I think we could get Nicks on a bargain price if we play out cards right. He's the big target Gino needs. Can't wait to show Hill the door. That guy is garbage truck juice!

As for the CB position, I don't want a rookie or Wilson starting this year in that position. I think Cro could come back reduced salary, if not Verner could be a a option.

TE should be drafted this year. Lots of good pass catchers.

Anyone think that HUGE WR playing in Florida on the other side of Watkins could be a deadly TE in the NFL? I'm telling you, if we could get that kid in the second round and get him to become alittle bit of a better blocker he could do things the the league. Is he for entering the draft? ANY THOUGHTS?!
Nicks is open to a one-year deal. Also willing to return to the Giants. Carolina makes the most sense, I think they can and will offer a second year on his deal.

Nicks is open to a one-year deal. Also willing to return to the Giants. Carolina makes the most sense, I think they can and will offer a second year on his deal.

Yeah, I've heard that Carolina could be another landing spot for him. But I figure if anyone is gonna over pay for him it'll be them. I think we should take our shot eitherway. What do you think about our saftey position? Do we really need to chase after Byrd in your mind?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've heard that Carolina could be another landing spot for him. But I figure if anyone is gonna over pay for him it'll be them. I think we should take our shot eitherway. What do you think about our saftey position? Do we really need to chase after Byrd in your mind?
Demand is too high for Byrd. Idzik will be priced out by Cleveland, Philly, etc. The more likely option is selecting Bucannon, Ward, or Dowling with a R2 or R3 pick.

Demand is too high for Byrd. Idzik will be priced out by Cleveland, Philly, etc. The more likely option is selecting Bucannon, Ward, or Dowling with a R2 or R3 pick.

Drafting a FS/SS is pretty much what I was thinking as well. I just don't understand why we sat Allen when Reed showed up. Dude was actually developing and after that pretty good game against Gronk I had high hopes for him.

@AdamSchefter: Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources.

Don't we receive a 3rd or 4th rd pick from the Bucs if Revis isn't on the roster by a certain date?

With Cromartie and Revis gone the Jets are def. going to go out and draft a CB. I wish guys like Kyle Wilson would step up now.

We need CB's to succeed in Rex Ryan's defense, but we also need a lot of skills position guys on the offensive side as well. It's going to be interesting to see how management handles free agency this offseason.

I hear the Patriots are looking to sign Revis. If they do have interest--expect Revis to use them as leverage.

Last edited:
I don't know what the plan is, but the Jets did resign Folk. If Idzik did manage to sign/trade for Revis (10-12mill) he'll be an instant hero. Seriously doubt it though.

Gave up on Wilson a while ago, Milliner looked like he might 'get it' but jury is still out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what Idzik is doing right now... wait everything out.... while these teams over pay for these FAs.

I look at the list - too many potential busts (especially WR's).

However there are a few gems out there.

It'll be interesting to see who he's focusing right now. One FA I want signed is Verner.

I think he's one of the few FAs who hasn't tapped his potential just yet.

Austin Howard visiting the Raiders. Thoughts?
nerd.gif
He was a diamond in the rough. We literally groomed him from the practice squad to a regular starter. Coming out the season he was def the one player we needed to lock up...

He was solid but I wouldn't overpay. He had a decent season, but I read somewhere that in terms of ratings he was mediocre in both run and the pass compared to other RT's. Gotta find that stat.

Only problem is we're entering the draft with so many holes as it is, losing our starting RT would put even more pressure for Idzik and Co.

He was a diamond in the rough. We literally groomed him from the practice squad to a regular starter. Coming out the season he was def the one player we needed to lock up...

He was solid but I wouldn't overpay. He had a decent season, but I read somewhere that in terms of ratings he was mediocre in both run and the pass compared to other RT's. Gotta find that stat.

Only problem is we're entering the draft with so many holes as it is, losing our starting RT would put even more pressure for Idzik and Co.
I feel like Austin is a average RT. There is other FA RT that we could choose from that I think are average as well but still better than Howard. I would sweat losing him at all. If the Raiders wanna overpay, be my guest.

I'm VERY interested to see what Idzik can do to get Revis back.

Last edited:
What the hell are we doing about our CB1 position? Top 3 CBs off the market now. TB got Verner for a steal IMO. I hope Jets are tampering with Revis :nerd:

The Raiders paid $30 million for an average RT...

I think the Jets are gonna wait until it's a buyers market, but it might be too late to fill a need by then.

Wasn't sad to see Austin go, he's average. Looks like the jets are gonna wait it out and probably scrape the bottom of the barrel. Of course I hope I'm wrong and we fill a need.

Come back Darelle. I copped my jersey, then you left. I don't want to feel like I wasted my money 
laugh.gif
. Am I crazy for not wanting Decker and Vick? I'm not crazy about either one.

Back
Top Bottom