2013 NY JETS OFF-SEASON THREAD 8-8 ..12 Picks ...

Ohh I would love to hold out till 2015 but we gotta go forward not backward what are the chances you think Johnny football lands in the 2nd rd for us?

Winston is freshman

Rumor is Rex is fired, can't say I'm surprised.

EDiT Ya!! Phins are home too.

Last edited by a moderator:
All things considered, I think Rex did a pretty good job. The team he's coaching has no offensive weapons and they could finish with a .500 record.

Didn't really watch a lot of games today, but I'm hearing Rex told the team he knew he was on his way out last night. If he's gone, it's messed up. He earned another year to coach this team. They exceeded my expectations by far this season.

If they fire rex, idzik had no intent on keeping him from day 1

Sheldon Richardson has been solid, Muhammad Wilkerson is breaking out into an elite defensive player.

Most people were predicting 3 wins. This team has battled and competed all year and beat some good football teams in the process.

Outside of parcells and weeb ewbank, rex is the best coach this franchise has ever had.

This team never quit on rex, and they got more out of this team then anyone wouldve expected.

It seems like a coach never lasts more then 5 seasons with this team and stability is non existent. If they fire rex. Unless the new guys name is gruden or cohwer. Its going to be more of the same. Hire a recycled coach or coordinator and 3 years from now press the reset button.

Rex is far from the problem.

If they finish a positive 8-8 with something to look forward to in 2014 in the same place where they finished a terrible 8-8 two years ago and they fire rex its foolish.

Sheldon Richardson has been solid, Muhammad Wilkerson is breaking out into an elite defensive player.

Most people were predicting 3 wins. This team has battled and competed all year and beat some good football teams in the process.

Outside of parcells and weeb ewbank, rex is the best coach this franchise has ever had.

This team never quit on rex, and they got more out of this team then anyone wouldve expected.

It seems like a coach never lasts more then 5 seasons with this team and stability is non existent. If they fire rex. Unless the new guys name is gruden or cohwer. Its going to be more of the same. Hire a recycled coach or coordinator and 3 years from now press the reset button.

Rex is far from the problem.

If they finish a positive 8-8 with something to look forward to in 2014 in the same place where they finished a terrible 8-8 two years ago and they fire rex its foolish.
This. And they did all of this with barely any type of offense. I really hope they don't get rid of him, they will regress and the defense will suffer putting us in an even worse position 
mean.gif

I always felt this, most GM's want their guy. IMO Rex was a lame duck coach going into the season, if the Jets made the playoffs then maybe Rex would've been around.

I really don't know who's out there. I rather keep Rex myself but I understand.

Really hope we beat the Phins tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would truly be fitting that Phins have their season ended b2b weeks by the Bills and us.

Might just save Rex's job too. I think if the offense is openly-stated as the top priority this off-season that Rex should stay on board. His job well done with the D last few seasons is not something to neglect in the decision process.

Here's a wild thought boys on Sunday's game determines our draft stock we win (22nd pick) we lose (14 pick)... Me personally I would rather win go 8-8 exceed my expectations of this yr, Rex stays, and more importantly know the fins out of the playoffs like Chadwick did to use in 08...and he's I'm still bitter :D

Definitely get the win, I'll be at the game Sunday, and no way do I want to be in that atmosphere if the Jets lose :smh:

Yea man we need revenge from 08 our d line is so loyal to text I bet they play their ***** off amd Rex keeps his job after black Monday

The stuff I've been reading has been saying their leaning towards keeping rex.

Now hopefully they can end Miamis season tomorrow. Aside from the fact I can't stand the dolphins, they would be a waste of a playoff spot and would get destroyed wild card weekend. I wanna see entertaining playoff games

Back
Top Bottom