2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they cut price - you're down to lin as the only "true PG" and lose one of their "better" perimeter defenders (but I'm cool with clarkson getting 25 mins a night splitting time between PG/SG)

If they cut ellington - u part with one of the few "pure"(one dimensional) shooters on the roster...undersized for a 2 guard and doesn't really move the needle on this team, plus X and swaggy will take his mins when they're right/healthy.

I'd say ellington is a tad more expendable by a hair. 50.9-49.1

Like it matters....just let clarkson play. Bring in Q.miller...let em cook..

Last edited:
If they cut price - you're down to lin as the only "true PG" and lose one of their "better" perimeter defenders (but I'm cool with clarkson getting 25 mins a night splitting time between PG/SG)

If they cut ellington - u part with one of the few "pure"(one dimensional) shooters on the roster...undersized for a 2 guard and doesn't really move the needle on this team, plus X and swaggy will take his mins when they're right/healthy.

I'd say ellington is a tad more expendable by a hair. 50.9-49.1

Like it matters....just let clarkson play. Bring in Q.miller...let em cook..

They won't cut Ellington, he's younger, and the tragedy he just went through is another huge reason.

Last edited:
Xavier has to be the one to cut. He was all D'antoni man. He looks awful. I know he's still coming off of injury, but he has been awful. No confidence, dropping balls with no team around, Quincy > Xavier.

Byron loves him some price. But if it means playing clarkson MORE, then hell yeah, waive him like a towel. He'll catch on somewhere.

Yeah, one of D'Anoni's biggest accomplishments was how he used Xavier perfectly. I want to give him a shot but deep down I have a feeling MDA made him look as good as he did last year.

And if this organization cuts Ellington at this point I would lose faith in humanity.

A lot of people need to be kicked out of the rotation honestly..

Lin, Kobe, Wes :smh: , Boozer , Hill are the starters

Swaggy, Kelly (when they both come back) , Ed Davis are definite in the rotation.

That leaves 2-3 spots left.

Ellington, Price, Clarkson, Henry, Sacre

Sacre won't be cut, but doesn't need to play. His ceiling is 3rd center.

Price is 31 years old. Ellington 26. Clarkson 22. Henry 23 always injured.

Even if we bring in Miller. How much will he play? If you want Clarkson to play 20 minutes. SG minutes will all be used. Swaggy & Wes will take up all of the SF minutes. Where does Miller play? Easy answer is for Wes, but is that what is going to happen? Doubt it

Last edited:
If they waive price, then clarkson would be absorbing mostly backup PG mins, no? Then u can have wes/swaggy/Q/X/wayne platoon between backup 2 and 3...

If they waive price, then clarkson would be absorbing mostly backup PG mins, no? Then u can have wes/swaggy/Q/X/wayne platoon between backup 2 and 3...

Only way I figure. But that's way too many for a platoon.

But then Ellington slides to the 2.

And Swaggy & Wes still take up the 3.

Unless they take Ellington out of the rotation and Swaggy plays the 2. But we honestly need him at the 3.

I'd actually consider starting Swaggy at this point when he gets back. Just to give someone for Kobe to play with.

They should probably just cut Price & X, and call it a day.

Last edited:
Nicholas young at PG would be the greatest sight to behold.

Remember when lin waved off kob'?
That'd happen on a nightly. 45 shots from the starting backcourt. :smokin

Sliding Nick Young and Ed Davis into the starting lineup would probably be the most competitive team.

I expect Ellington and Xavier to lose minutes so there might be enough playing time for Quincy.

Imagine. What if.

Starting 5 of clarkson/kobe/young/randle/davis..The past. Present. And future.

But you're right. Ideally, to get optimal performance and not fall behind by 10 every 1st quarter..The starting 5 should be, starting next Tues-lin/kob/swaggy/hill/davis. Offense/rebounding/rim protection for the first 8 mins of every gm. Let's see what byron does..

**we don't have the luxury of an NBA caliber starting SF to bring swaggy off the bench....but that's up for debate. Maybe.

Last edited:
lakers got robbed last night...by anthony davis :smh: . dude is just beasting. bring him to LA mitch :nerd:

They won't cut Ellington, he's younger, and the tragedy he just went through is another huge reason.
Business should be separate from the personal sphere. Players shouldn't be kept for emotional or sentimental value.

Sliding Nick Young and Ed Davis into the starting lineup would probably be the most competitive team.

I expect Ellington and Xavier to lose minutes so there might be enough playing time for Quincy.
I'm ready for "Swaggy P's" return. He was scoring at will last season without contributing worth in any other meaningful statistical category.

Business should be separate from the personal sphere. Players shouldn't be kept for emotional or sentimental value.

Price versus Ellington is really a toss up.

Price is 31 versus Ellington 26.

So it still favors Ellington.

The tragedy just tips it much further.

Interesting stats

Harden 25.1 / 6.4 / 7.5 .387 / .309 / .914
Kobe 27.5 / 5.4 / 3.4 .388 / .327 / .800

For Harden, who still has the ability to get to the hoop, and draws a **** ton of fouls, that is horrible.

You can point out the assists, which is fair. But if you drop Harden in LA, and Kobe in Houston.. Each assist numbers will go the other way.

Interesting stats

Harden 25.1 / 6.4 / 7.5 .387 / .309 / .914
Kobe 27.5 / 5.4 / 3.4 .388 / .327 / .800

For Harden, who still has the ability to get to the hoop, and draws a **** ton of fouls, that is horrible.

You can point out the assists, which is fair. But if you drop Harden in LA, and Kobe in Houston.. Each assist numbers will go the other way.

Assists aren't really fair when you consider the lack of talent Kobe has around him this season.

If he had a legit second scorer like he had in Pau, Kobe's assist per game would be closer to his career average of 5 apg.

Last edited:
So here's what I was thinking last night...

remember how bad we were in the beginning of the 07 season? and how pissed kobe was. Talking about he might play for the bulls or clippers, blah blah blah...that team was awful. Switch out 1 piece. JUST 1. Kwame for Pau...instant finals. Literally that summer, FINALS. I say that to say this, is there 1 piece we could switch out now that would make us instantly better? Maybe not a straight finals trip, but right there in the thick of things again? Of course we had phil too and the triangle..but as we can see in NY, that doesnt always work..Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom