2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only Thursday, and I have a Dolphins game tonight, can we maybe do this next Tuesday? I can clear some space for you somewhere around 11:30 AM my time, can I pencil you in?

:lol:

Last edited:
I have finns on ignore, so he don't bother me at all.

But to directly answer, he is 1 billion times worse than anyone in here. He's up there with doo in terms of complete stupidity. Seriously, he's that dumb.

I cant see kobe finishing his career like this :smh:

1373672217_image.gif

I have finns on ignore, so he don't bother me at all.

But to directly answer, he is 1 billion times worse than anyone in here. He's up there with doo in terms of complete stupidity. Seriously, he's that dumb.
I don't believe this for .000002 seconds.

Might be my own self-consciousness, but I tend to think I have made you want to punch puppies and kick kittens on numerous occasions. 
laugh.gif

:lol:

Not even a little man. Frustrate me with somethin, sure.

But I know you are at least trying to come from somewhere logical. Critical thinking. Attempt at reason.

That dude wants to fire Doc Rivers in the first quarter of a random game. Trade Rondo early in his career. Bench our QB as a rookie. Blame turnovers that come late in a blowout. :lol:

Just absolute blind stupidity. Myopic views on standard processes. Can't function thru cause and effect things on the most basic of levels.

Laker fans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> finns.

My dead dog >>>>>>>>>>>>>> finns.

Tree stumps >>>>>>>>>>>>>> finns.

Nah, I was saying, it's weird that someone would have that opinion, that it would seem the team was better without Kobe last season, or any season, or ever.

Just, weird. Because there have been so many times when he has carried us to the promised land on his own.

So many times.

So, so many.

"Just stop, Ska. It's silly to pretend that any all-time great would flourish without a prominent teammate and excellent coach. Of course Kobe can't do it all by himself."

And I get that, and Kobe does, too. Which is why he's always gone out of his way to welcome everyone, being the ultimate encourager, fostering a 'team first, me second' environment across the board so that people will stay and others will join.
split personalities? 

Calm down. Lakers go be alright. 

Yeah it's so weird that a roster and coach in previous years was better than this current one.

So weird, especially when we're 1-7.

I wouldn‘t say weird, lol. I would say, it seems so. Obviously there are so many tangibles and intangibles. You could possibly imagine Kobe not being here. Which could lead to a much worst record. Kaman, Pau, couldve been possible. lol

He couldn't do anything with a better Kobe, Dwight Howard, Gasol, Nash, Blake

Maybe because they were almost never healthy at the same time. Percentage of minutes with Kobe-Nash-Pau-Dwight two years ago was 7.2%. Minutes with Kobe-Nash-Pau last year: zero.

Partly true

Even when MDA had a starting lineup of those guys they were only 6-8

He had times when both Howard and Pau available but he couldn't figure a way to get them both of the floor which led to a string of about 10 games where either Howard or Pau played in 20s in terms of minutes.

He had also many games where Dwight, Kobe and Pau were available

Kobe and Pau were both All-NBA selections that season, he had them on court for over 2100 minutes that 200 more minutes than Wade and Lebron or Lebron and Bosh played together that season

MDA had talent that season and they underachieved. He can only coach one system and he cant adapt

we had the best record in the league post all star break so dantoni must have done something to adapt 

we had the best record in the league post all star break so dantoni must have done something to adapt 
Kobe system. 40+ minutes a game. Dying on the court 2 games before the playoffs.
This.

And its the end of the argument.

Dantoni didn't do ****

not saying scott is better.

But had we had a great coach, a popovich, a carlise, a phil, that team would have done what it was supposed to do. 

Kobe system. 40+ minutes a game. Dying on the court 2 games before the playoffs.
if i agree with this we get into the kobe is the team argument

if i dont then its more talking about dantoni

sorry, i have things to get done today 

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

He's never been the entire team but they did scrap MDA's system and he went nuclear after the break.

You guys act like the coach doesn't determine what the offense runs..

Scrap his system or not, he still has to sign off on it. And he still comes up with the plays, sets, rotations, etc.

Alsoooooooooooooooooo Kobe's achilles injury has very little if anything to do with his minutes load. That's not opinion. That's widely stated fact by a wide range of people.

It's one of those long shot odds. Just one time planting your foot the perfect way and your achilles snaps. It's like the getting hit in the chest at the perfect time, and your heart stopping. It happens one in a million tries. Kobe plants his foot slightly different and maybe it doesn't happen.

Gain Kobe, lose Pau.
Gain Lin lose Marshall.
Gain Boozer, lose Kaman

On paper, this Lakers team is better than last year's. But they are much much worse.. Why you think that is?

Last edited:
They ran an offense that put the ball in Kobe's hands more. That doesn't mean Kobe himself orchestrated the whole offensive scheme, unless I missed something.

Last edited:
I'm not here to argue MDA's coaching credentials and what not again, that's been hashed, re-hashed many times. All I know is I know what I saw the second half of the season. It was Kobe system ball either shooting or playmaking, multiple players stated they scrapped his system cause it wasn't working. Also not stating that his playing minutes was the cause of his injury, just stating what happened when the Lakers went on a tear the 2nd half of the year.

All I'm saying is that they were still running designed plays, just ones that were different than the first half of the season and ones that started way more with Kobe.

I can't say for sure who designed them, but someone did. It was more than just giving the ball to Kobe and letting him figure out what to do with it.

Last edited:
Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 1m1 minute ago
For those of you who think that the Lakers make a desperate in-season trade to right the ship, they'll be 10+ games under .500 by 12/15.

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 1m1 minute ago
12/15 is the day when FAs are eligible to be traded and the Lakers' biggest salary ballast (Hill) can't be dealt until 1/15. Hole too big.

Ben Rosales ‏@brosales12 2m2 minutes ago
When you're 15+ games under .500, you don't try to correct the ship. Not ever and especially not in a hyper-competitive Western Conference.

Please read these tweets and see, there is no help coming this season. We are stealth tanking. Mitch-Jim knew this months ago.

Last edited:
You guys act like the coach doesn't determine what the offense runs..

Scrap his system or not, he still has to sign off on it. And he still comes up with the plays, sets, rotations, etc.

Alsoooooooooooooooooo Kobe's achilles injury has very little if anything to do with his minutes load. That's not opinion. That's widely stated fact by a wide range of people.

It's one of those long shot odds. Just one time planting your foot the perfect way and your achilles snaps. It's like the getting hit in the chest at the perfect time, and your heart stopping. It happens one in a million tries. Kobe plants his foot slightly different and maybe it doesn't happen.

Gain Kobe, lose Pau.
Gain Lin lose Marshall.
Gain Boozer, lose Kaman

On paper, this Lakers team is better than last year's. But they are much much worse.. Why you think that is?

Because I valu3 bigs and believe PAU staying would‘ve been a big step forward on all fronts. The same with Kaman.

Not sure if possible.
Pau, Hill, Kaman, Davis, Boozer, Kobe, lin, price, ellington, n young

not sute about salary. just a thought

young is kobes gill. elling, price, lin all the same. inside wise? loooooooool das the issue. pau, hill, kaman, ed davis and msybe Wes just cuz.he is like a child vetsion of junkuard dog with that baby alien face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom