2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That team was better then this team...... Lo was way better then anything playing beside Kobe on this current roster.....

So here's what I was thinking last night...

remember how bad we were in the beginning of the 07 season? and how pissed kobe was. Talking about he might play for the bulls or clippers, blah blah blah...that team was awful. Switch out 1 piece. JUST 1. Kwame for Pau...instant finals. Literally that summer, FINALS. I say that to say this, is there 1 piece we could switch out now that would make us instantly better? Maybe not a straight finals trip, but right there in the thick of things again? Of course we had phil too and the triangle..but as we can see in NY, that doesnt always work..Thoughts?

We don't have any picks to trade.
No one is interested in helping us get back to being dominant.
Kobe is 36, not 27

We could trade for LeBron, today, and not be in the Finals this year, or anywhere close. The roster is bare.

07 had LO, and Kobe, along with Phil, and a couple other young emerging guys like Ariza, Farmar, and Pau fit into that.

We have Byron ******* Scott, Jordan Hill, Jeremy Lin, and Carlos Boozer.

It's not happening, no matter who we tried to trade for, with no picks to send, and no assets of value for that type of piece.

Interesting stats

Harden 25.1 / 6.4 / 7.5 .387 / .309 / .914
Kobe 27.5 / 5.4 / 3.4 .388 / .327 / .800

For Harden, who still has the ability to get to the hoop, and draws a **** ton of fouls, that is horrible.

You can point out the assists, which is fair. But if you drop Harden in LA, and Kobe in Houston.. Each assist numbers will go the other way.

Assists aren't really fair when you consider the lack of talent Kobe has around him this season.

If he had a legit second scorer like he had in Pau, Kobe's assist per game would be closer to his career average of 5 apg.

Yup

I said that though.

Eh... last yrs roster..In march/Apr would have lost these gms 131-110 instead of 109-102..I mean...technically, yeah down the stretch u had young, baze, X and jodie, k.butta...all in that pringles sys.

We just can never have a complete roster...

Last edited:
Interesting stats

Harden 25.1 / 6.4 / 7.5 .387 / .309 / .914
Kobe 27.5 / 5.4 / 3.4 .388 / .327 / .800

For Harden, who still has the ability to get to the hoop, and draws a **** ton of fouls, that is horrible.

You can point out the assists, which is fair. But if you drop Harden in LA, and Kobe in Houston.. Each assist numbers will go the other way.

Wow

Next few games

Spurs
Warriors
At Hawks
At Rockets (back to back)
At Mavs
Denver

That game vs Denver.......going to be a key game it seems. A very, key, game.

Lakers Defensive Rating under D'Antoni last season:

Lakers Defensive Rating under Byron so far:

WELP.

The 2014 Lakers had a little more talent than this version of the Lakers

I think its more about the players than Byron Scott

I don't think Byron Scott is great schematic coach but lets not act like Mike D'Antoni would setting the world on fire with this roster

He couldn't do anything with a better Kobe, Dwight Howard, Gasol, Nash, Blake

Maybe because they were almost never healthy at the same time. Percentage of minutes with Kobe-Nash-Pau-Dwight two years ago was 7.2%. Minutes with Kobe-Nash-Pau last year: zero.

Bring Eazy Earl Back.Bynum.
Trade for Montiejunas.

Just saw a little highlight from espn, J Hill just getting burned by AD on three straight possessions for layups.

Its a shame what the ownership is doing kobe is basically box office and being used as one, they know they have no shot at a chip or even trying to contend. My how things have changed with this legendary franchise, where are the ppl calling for buss head. I mean how long is the franchise wanting to continue like this?!?!?! its getting ugly and i cant imagine what the record will be at the end of the season...its beyond frustrating :smh:

Maybe because they were almost never healthy at the same time. Percentage of minutes with Kobe-Nash-Pau-Dwight two years ago was 7.2%. Minutes with Kobe-Nash-Pau last year: zero.

Everytime i see JD617 posting in our thread, I think of the time Celtics won best team at the ESPY's and Ray Allen goes "another win in LA" the camera zoomed in on fisher who had a serious look :lol:

thepandasfriend.com
‏@MettaWorldPeace
I still have Lakers going to playoffs as 5 or 8 seed

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21147-1357749678-1.gif

Yeah it's so weird that a roster and coach in previous years was better than this current one.

So weird, especially when we're 1-7.

Nah, I was saying, it's weird that someone would have that opinion, that it would seem the team was better without Kobe last season, or any season, or ever.

Just, weird. Because there have been so many times when he has carried us to the promised land on his own.

So many times.

So, so many.

"Just stop, Ska. It's silly to pretend that any all-time great would flourish without a prominent teammate and excellent coach. Of course Kobe can't do it all by himself."

And I get that, and Kobe does, too. Which is why he's always gone out of his way to welcome everyone, being the ultimate encourager, fostering a 'team first, me second' environment across the board so that people will stay and others will join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom