2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk: Kobe 'greatest player in my generation'

Few appreciated Kobe Bryant surpassing Michael Jordan on the NBA’s all-time scoring list as much as the man who is six spots below the Los Angeles Lakers legend.

Of course, Dirk Nowitzki has always been a big fan of Bryant, who now sits in the No. 3 spot among the league’s all-time scoring leaders with 32,331 career points.

“He’s probably the greatest player in my generation that I played against,” said Nowitzki, who has 27,239 career points and will likely pass Elvin Hayes and Moses Malone over the next few weeks to move up to seventh on the list. “Obviously Shaq was very dominant, Tim Duncan was great, but I just loved watching Kobe. I don’t think there will ever be another MJ, but he’s definitely as close as it gets that we’ll ever see.

“He had it all. He’s a clutch player, can make shots from anywhere. I’ve had a blast from watching him during his career very closely. That’s a heck of an accomplishment for sure.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...ion?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dwyane Wade has been playing with LeBron James for two and a half seasons now, and has been to the NBA Finals two years in a row with James. This season, LeBron is having one of the most impressive seasons in NBA history, and looks to be well on his way to his fourth Most Valuable Player award.

But at All-Star media day, Wade said it was Kobe Bryant, not James, who is the greatest player of his era.

“When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from. You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.”

This comes on the heels of Michael Jordan’s comments that he would take Kobe over LeBron because of Bryant’s five championships. While Wade certainly didn’t mean any disrespect to James, it’s a sign of admiration for Bryant’s accomplishments that he would indicate Kobe as the generation’s greatest talent.

Wade will face off with Bryant once again in the All-Star game on Sunday.

Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson Dec 14
Laker fans we've been so blessed to watch Kobe Bryant, one of the top 5 or 6 best players ever, play in a Lakers uniform!

Really tho, what do Dirk, Wade, and Magic know about basketball, really?

"Even Jordan has said that Kobe is the only player who can be compared to him," Phil Jackson wrote, "and I have to agree."

And MJ and Phil, what do they know about the NBA?

Last edited:
Kobe is in Magic's top 500 Lakers of all time followed by Luke Walton, Slava Medvedenko, Aaron McKie in no particular order :pimp:

Last edited:
Magic 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

it would be interesting to see who Dirk considers to be in his "generation" 

to say Kobe>Lebron as a leader of a generation isn't a reach at all. I would be more shocked if people argued it the other way though.

Last edited:
Lakers Nation ‏@LakersNation 24m24 minutes ago
On @TheHerd, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak says the team has been instructed to win as many games possible.

:stoneface:

Better be lyin dude.

i've been wondering where julius has been.

has he been at home games or spending time with the team?

also, any updates on when nash will join the team? or have the lakers given up hope on that.

relevant:

"I'd want to play with a guy like that." — Kevin Durant on Kobe Bryant.

Link
"Excuse my language, but that's (expletive)," said Durant, who congratulated Bryant via text message after he surpassed Jordan on Sunday. "I want to play with a winner every single night, especially somebody who wants to win that bad, who works that hard, who demands a lot, who raises up your level. I'd want to play with a guy like that every day. ... (His style) may make people uncomfortable, how he acts and just how he approaches the game, but I love that type of stuff. I think (the accusation) is BS."
:pimp:
Wish I was the person asking things.

"So then went haven't you? Or why don't you?"

"*crickets*"
Because he was drafted by the Thunder, and extended before his contract was up, before the new CBA even kicked in?

I get what you're sayin tho. It's Kobe's fault we don't have Durant, LeBron, Anthony Davis, Wiggins, Melo, Rose, Steph, and John Wall all on our team right now. We'd be really good if we had all of them.

*crickets tho*
No, we don't have a lineup of Melo and KD and Bron and Eyebrows and Kobe.

blah, blah, blah

Birdman, Bosh, Wade* (read the damn asterisk below before responding about Wade), Mike Miller, Love, Jesus, etc., etc., etc...

There's a LOTTTTTT of gray area in between a lineup of CP3 + Kobe + KD + Bron+ Eyebrows and a lineup of... this garbage, or Smush + Kwame and them scrubs.

As LOOONG as Kobe has been here, we have never, EVER been a legit consideration for top tier FAs, which is especially damning considering that we are in LOS ANGELES.

Someday that will be over. :nthat: And the elite won't just SAY they'll come on over, but they'll actually do it. "Yeah, I'd do it" will be replaced with "The reason I did it was because"..."

*Yes, I know GEOGRAPHICALLY, Wade never WENT anywhere. But he was entertaining Chicago and NY, and DECIDED to stay because he knew Bron was coming. That's making a DECISION to play with someone, not just SAYING "Oh yeah, I'd totally do it" and then not doing it.

just going to chalk this up to you not understanding the salary cap. carry on, though.

Eric Pincus @EricPincus · 37m 37 minutes ago
Randle said he's been off crutches a week or 2 but he's not supposed to be yet - but doc said go at your own pace - so he ditched them asap

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 39m39 minutes ago
Julius Randle just spent time talking to the media, said he's walking without crutches, though he doesn't know whether he's supposed to be!

uhhh I hope he's just being playful with these answers.

Celtics showing willingness to trade Rondo...

Trade nash, hill and houston first rounder for rondo.

rondo breaks knee first game while playing for lakers... 
roll.gif

No, we don't have a lineup of Melo and KD and Bron and Eyebrows and Kobe.

blah, blah, blah

Birdman, Bosh, Wade* (read the damn asterisk below before responding about Wade), Mike Miller, Love, Jesus, etc., etc., etc...

There's a LOTTTTTT of gray area in between a lineup of CP3 + Kobe + KD + Bron+ Eyebrows and a lineup of... this garbage, or Smush + Kwame and them scrubs.

As LOOONG as Kobe has been here, we have never, EVER been a legit consideration for top tier FAs, which is especially damning considering that we are in LOS ANGELES.

Someday that will be over. :nthat: And the elite won't just SAY they'll come on over, but they'll actually do it. "Yeah, I'd do it" will be replaced with "The reason I did it was because"..."

*Yes, I know GEOGRAPHICALLY, Wade never WENT anywhere. But he was entertaining Chicago and NY, and DECIDED to stay because he knew Bron was coming. That's making a DECISION to play with someone, not just SAYING "Oh yeah, I'd totally do it" and then not doing it.

Um, you do understand that for about 15 of Kobe's 19 years we haven't been in a position where we needed to attract big money FA's right? There's also this thing called a salary cap which we normally have been maxed out for most of Kobe's tenure. Miss me with this ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom