2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My man simply has nothing left to give.if the jumper ain't fallin, he's done for. Love him....but tonight was just a performance that was hard to watch. I'm officially on board with a full blown tank job. Like essential. Like pac.....like LTB....This **** was cringe worthy. Just hard to watch and hard to swallow. Shut my man down. TANK like your life depended on it. Put the sixers to shame. Absolute SHAME.

What I posted in the NBA Thread...

There's a few different factors as to why Kobe has been bad shooting.

The injuries / the miles. Just can't get to where he can, can't just drive past guys, dunk over guys. Has to settle for longer shots away from the hoop more often
His shot selection. It's gotten better as the year has gone on because he's realizing where he's at physically, but still needs to get better, he forces the issue a bit too much.

But the biggest problem is Byron Scott. He doesn't know how to handle his minutes, how to handle his rest, or even run an offense around Kobe. The beginning of the season he wore Kobe into the ground, and Kobe ends up with heavy legs by the 3rd & 4th. Now he's resting Kobe in such an erratic way I can't even explain his rationale for why and when he rests Kobe. But even worse is there is no offensive scheme on this team. Pre-Achilles Kobe could have gone out there no game plan, shredded a defense for 25 - 5 - 5, on a fairly efficient night. Byron expects Kobe to be primary ball handler, and lead scorer, and has no plans to get Kobe easy looks.

Kobe was averaging 24.6 - 5.4 - 4.9 before they started a new minutes plan. He was shooting 37.2% on 22.4 FGA/game.

Before this game and the minutes rest he was 14.4 - 8.4 - 7.8 on 41% in 5 games. Shooting 12.2 FGA/game.

There's no reason Kobe can't produce 18-20 PPG / 5 - 5.5 RPG / 5.5-7 APG on 16-17 FGA/game shooting 42% if you give him rational rest, and run a coherent offense to get him easier looks.

I wouldn't say he's done by any means. He can still be somewhere between 20-40 best player in the league. BUT, not with Byron Scott who has no idea what he's doing.

Don't even think it's that complicated. Father time is undefeated. Not even Mamba blood is immune. I'll just be content to watch him fade away like my boy Peyton and remember the good times.

My man simply has nothing left to give.if the jumper ain't fallin, he's done for. Love him....but tonight was just a performance that was hard to watch. I'm officially on board with a full blown tank job. Like essential. Like pac.....like LTB....This **** was cringe worthy. Just hard to watch and hard to swallow. Shut my man down. TANK like your life depended on it. Put the sixers to shame. Absolute SHAME.
So you wanna tank becuz Kobe did poorly even tho we came back from a 20 point deficit?

3-19 after coming off of resting....

Rust?

frown.gif
Old. Washed. The end is near.

Don't even think it's that complicated. Father time is undefeated. Not even Mamba blood is immune. I'll just be content to watch him fade away like my boy Peyton and remember the good times.

It's most certainly that complicated.

An offense where Kobe must create his own shot, and create the shot for everyone else will not work in 2014-15 when Kobe is 19 seasons in 46,700 Regular Season minutes in, off 2 major injuries (both of which have ended careers).

The difference between 37.5% shooting and 42.3% shooting is 1 FGM / game on 20.8 FGA / game. Yes that 1 FGM is a lot, but there are ways to get Kobe there. (No Kobe should not shoot 20.8 FGA / game, should be at 16-17).

Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 4m4 minutes ago
Kobe on his minutes limit: "The hard part is sitting down for stretches and then trying to get back in. I feel like the Tin Man."

Byron's "coaching" has certainly helped magnify Kobe's oldness/inefficiency/etc.

Last edited:

Byron expects Kobe to be primary ball handler, and lead scorer, and has no plans to get Kobe easy looks.

I agree. He's "trying to save his legs" but allows him to play PG. :smh:

Kobe should be in the post or at the elbow waiting for a pass. Just have him work there.

Leave the pick and roll plays to Nick and Jeremy.

And take him out when he's shooting like **** he's not going to get/do better.

Byron expects Kobe to be primary ball handler, and lead scorer, and has no plans to get Kobe easy looks.

I agree. He's "trying to save his legs" but allows him to play PG. :smh:

Kobe should be in the post or at the elbow waiting for a pass. Just have him work there.

Leave the pick and roll plays to Nick and Jeremy.

And take him out when he's shooting like **** he's not going to get/do better.

I think Kobe can be the main facilitator and still get half way between current and prime efficiency.

The thing is, he (Byron) has to allow others to create opportunities for Kobe.

It's everything has to be created by Kobe. And that's the problem.

Last edited:
At some point, some is going to point out the wonderful fact we're paying Kobe 48.5 to miss games.

Oh, that's my job. :lol: :pimp:

Job well done Jeanie, Jim, Mitch, Byron. :lol:

Friday's game is huge for us. Please Lord help us with that one. Please.

I think Kobe can be the main facilitator and still get half way between current and prime efficiency.

Bryant looks like his legs are gone; especially on those jumpers.  Even after the rest, he has no real choice but to facilitate.  He knows it, and he keeps subliminally talking about it.  That 1/2 time pull up looked quick and ugly.  He has no 'air' underneath no more.  Lin/Price create a lot better if you ask me.  Kobe's aura and past accomplishment is nothing but a mental road block for other up and comers.

Now Nicholas Young is also in his own little world.  He's a JR Smith wannabe.  Terrible decision making constantly by this clown.  Jacking shots left and right, especially during important stretches.  Not sure why people say he can 'create' shots.  Doesn't seem so.

At some point, some is going to point out the wonderful fact we're paying Kobe 48.5 to miss games.

Oh, that's my job. :lol: :pimp:

Job well done Jeanie, Jim, Mitch, Byron. :lol:

Friday's game is huge for us. Please Lord help us with that one. Please.

:lol:

Was just looking into that contract again this morning when I did the Jordan Hill thing. In a just and sane world, the contract would have been 2 year - $32mil

But what hurts us the most is that $8.5 over $40mil that is the most damaging. I've run the numbers every which way, and once the dollars hit over $20mil is the biggest problem. If it was 2 years / $40mil, it would have been much much easier to rebuild.

Last edited:
Now Nicholas Young is also in his own little world.  He's a JR Smith wannabe.  Terrible decision making constantly by this clown.  Jacking shots left and right, especially during important stretches.  Not sure why people say he can 'create' shots.  Doesn't seem so.
not okay with this JR smith slander but you make a lot of sense 

The real truth-hes getting good looks . jumpers with enough space.theyre just not fallin..and I'm not talking just tonight. What was once as close to automatic(an elbow jumper with an inch of space) is now a shot that's questionable. Do I think kob' can still be effective (20-5-5 in 32mpg)? Yes...I do..I really do..and no..it wasn't just tonight....falling behind 18-0 and showing no wherewithal to play the game against a road weary Miami team coming off a big win...not just against a d.wade less 2nd half team.its this season. Just one long sigh. It's just not the same. Yeah..Some good feel good moments. A couple trip-doubs. Passing 32k on the turnaround J in atl...passing MJ.
Letting go-its easier. It's cyclical. I'm old...seen it all before...cap space will come... so will the breaks..just this year. 3+months of it...just go through the motions and stockpile...go for one last run and transition in the process. I'm down for the process..There really is no more point to this yr. For the org-pride, or whatevers left..and letting it flow(just flat out sixer it up). Naturally. Whatever it is, I'm cool with it. I accept it.

Bryant looks like his legs are gone; especially on those jumpers.  Even after the rest, he has no real choice but to facilitate.  He knows it, and he keeps subliminally talking about it.  That 1/2 time pull up looked quick and ugly.  He has no 'air' underneath no more.  Lin/Price create a lot better if you ask me.  Kobe's aura and past accomplishment is nothing but a mental road block for other up and comers.

Kobe is the best facilitator on the team. As for his legs, yeah they are gone. From overwork. But also too many games off will make someone off as well. Byron is just giving games off willy nilly for stupid reasons. There's a balance for everything concerning when Kobe takes over / when he should facilitate.. When Kobe creates for others / when others create for Kobe. Byron is nowhere near either.

It's been a horrible 2 weeks for Nick. Horrible to the point that it's hard to even explain it. Up to that point, he was having a very good season. His 2 point shooting has been bad, but was shooting 43% from 3 (45% of his shots were from 3), and 90% from the line. 40/43/90 I'll take all day any day from a bench player. 15 points off the bench, which is Top 5 in bench scoring. And he was playing an under the radar great season defensively too up to that point.

Up to Jan 4th (24games) Nick's defensive numbers (PER48) on SFs were .375 effective FG% & 5.8 PER. In the last 5 games he's now up to .445 effective FG% and 9.9 PER guarding SFs. Still very very good, but it's been a bad 2 weeks on both ends for him.

Last edited:

True he's also playing with Wes and Ronnie which is tough.

plus catch and shoot is not part of his repertoire.

I would love to see a balance but i doubt it.

Scott also said in a way the rest is to try "to preserve [Kobe] as much as possible," so in future, won't need as much rest.

Wait what?

Playoff push :smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom