2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the original argument was Byron and Kobes minutes ...so I just showed a parallel of Duncan & Pop
I clearly stated Kobe aint no Tim Duncan ....and let me clarify that point as I didn't do it well enough

I mean that as in Tim Duncan is ok with playing 20 min a night every other game and Pop has been on the front lines with Duncan for YEARS now. The relationship is different
Kobe is not ok with that **** he has stated it in years past that when this exact moment happens he will hang it up ....and Byron for damn sure aint no Pop so I just don't get it

If you're not asking Kobe to change what are you asking him to do?? Its either rest/minutes restrictions or go all out. And we know whats in his DNA

Kobe doesn't need to play 20 mpg. He can manage 30mpg, and be fine with it. The problem was Byron playing 37, 38, 39 minutes, shooting 25 times a game.

NO ONE IS ASKING HIM TO CHANGE. (Sans Ska, but he's always been asking :lol: )

We're asking Byron to alleviate some of the load off Kobe on offense, and have others help create open looks for him. It's been done before. Coaches have done it for him (albeit at various & lesser degree). And that's how you raise his shooting % and efficiency.

OK name the player thats gonna alleviate that offensive load... I'll wait...theres not one player that can create their own shot besides Lin & Nick ......Lin & Nick...........Lin & Nick
So yea tell me these players ....and Byron has no system like Mike D to raise the play of ordinary players so where is this alleviation coming from?

NO ONE IS ASKING HIM TO CHANGE. (Sans Ska, but he's always been asking :lol: )

We're asking Byron to alleviate some of the load off Kobe on offense, and have others help create open looks for him. It's been done before. Coaches have done it for him (albeit at various & lesser degree). And that's how you raise his shooting % and efficiency.

OK name the player thats gonna alleviate that offensive load... I'll wait...theres not one player that can create their own shot besides Lin & Nick ......Lin & Nick...........Lin & Nick
So yea tell me these players ....and Byron has no system like Mike D to raise the play of ordinary players so where is this alleviation coming from?

Ball movement, screens, getting Kobe the ball in the post.

Not asking Kobe to create his own shot 20 times a game. When you also ask him to create easy looks for every one else as well.

You don't need Chris Paul, Pau Gasol to get Kobe easier looks that he doesn't have to create for himself.

It's not necessary for Kobe to play nearly 40 minutes a night, like he was before.

That doesn't mean we want the exact opposite extreme, 20 minutes every other game :lol:

Byron admitted that may have been a mistake (and is now resting Kobe and limiting his minutes) - that's the main problem. That's what shows he has no idea what he's doing overall.

Last edited:
Not sure that's particularly fair. Or would change much of anything.

And again, you really are missing on the guys we have been saying to get. Most of us want to start building a team, doesn't need to be Marc Gasol. A player like Dragic. You think he spurns the Lakers because Kobe is here?

You think Melo spurned the Lakers because Kobe was here?

You think if we had cap space from 2005-2013, significant players wouldn't have lined up to be a Laker?

Dragic is a great piece. Will he still be by the time we are back in title contention...who knows

Not sure that's particularly fair. Or would change much of anything.

And again, you really are missing on the guys we have been saying to get. Most of us want to start building a team, doesn't need to be Marc Gasol. A player like Dragic. You think he spurns the Lakers because Kobe is here?

You think Melo spurned the Lakers because Kobe was here?

You think if we had cap space from 2005-2013, significant players wouldn't have lined up to be a Laker?

Dragic is a great piece. Will he still be by the time we are back in title contention...who knows

Dragic and $10mil starter (both signed in 2015, let's say that's what we do).... Randle, Top 5 pick, Swaggy P, Kelly, Clarkson, a couple misc. picks (late 1st & 2nd) goes into 2016-17 with $34mil in cap space.

Last edited:
I don't know y'all ...we are all on the same side in here but you're asking Kobe to change his stripes when he is on his way into the Circle of Life (yes that was a Lion King reference :lol:)

All I am saying is you can't ask Kobe to change himself. Change his DNA. Who he is at his core. Playing 30 min a game. Shooting 12-16 shots a game. Facilitating. Then asking him to trust players we all know he has no damn business of trusting ...all the stuff everyone is listing out is him changing. And like I said its not in his DNA he is either all in or all out. If he can't play like Kobe Bryant he won't play.

You can hear it in his interviews after the game. It sounds like he is getting to the point where he doesn't care anymore. He missed the 3 to tie up the game and just walked straight to the back like whatever

Is Kobe fading off with his performance this season?

He is only shooting 36.9 % from the floor and averages 22.7 ppg at the age of 36.
Only his assists and rebounds seem to be still fine.

For those who claimed Kobe would be the greatest of allt ime over the last 10 years, I hope this is a wake up call.

His last really good season was in 2012/2013.

Kobe will remain as one of the greatest in the NBA. Just not the greatest.

Kobes one of the smartest players ever. He doesn't need byron to draw up some elaborate plays, I'm sure kobe would just suggest different things to byron if he wanted to to help him get easy looks - coming off curls, easy buckets in the post, getting screens, it's not rocket science

I just think kobe doesn't have the legs nor the energy right now

Happy to see folks seeing the light.

It won't last long fellas. We'll be fighting for Wins by Halloween. :smokin
Heh. Suuure.

We will, because we don't have to tank anymore.

Not saying we're going to win 50-60 games, I'm saying we can all root for wins again, like we did in 05-06-07. We may top out at 35-40-42, etc, but that's ok, it will be growth for our young players, not these talentless retreads like Boozer, Price, Wes, Nick Young.

Understand the difference?

Watch Mitch do a sign and trade with Cleveland this summer giving Hill and Randle for Love...

sick.gif
Doubt that happens but that's not a bad trade you could build around Love and if there are no picks involved (which you guys treasure so much). Especially if somehow we could get Dragic and by the time Kobe's gone we'll have money for big moves

Watch Mitch do a sign and trade with Cleveland this summer giving Hill and Randle for Love...

:x

Doubt that happens but that's not a bad trade you could build around Love and if there are no picks involved (which you guys treasure so much). Especially if somehow we could get Dragic and by the time Kobe's gone we'll have money for big moves

:x :x :x :x :x

Basketball purgatory.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Basketball purgatory.
Dude's been talking bout dumping Hill and if it only involves giving him and Randle (who had a season ending injury so there's no telling how what he's gonna look like back and what potential is lost) for a 20-10 machine

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Basketball purgatory.
Dude's been talking bout dumping Hill and if it only involves giving him and Randle (who had a season ending injury so there's no telling how what he's gonna look like back and what potential is lost) for a 20-10 machine
I'll take those chances. Mychal Thompson had the same injury early in his career, he rebounded just fine. 

K love is the most empty stats "super star" ever. Ask Cleveland fans, ask minny fans. He doesn't impact the game at all. Him and Kyrie lost like 7 of 9. You think the him and Dragic will be a playoff team? Not a chance in hell. Keep Randle, get a top 5 pick, go after Gasol or Dragic. Enjoy the rebuild. 

But mortgaging the future for empty stats superstar isn't the way back to banner #17. 

I'll take those chances. Mychal Thompson had the same injury early in his career, he rebounded just fine. 

K love is the most empty stats "super star" ever. Ask Cleveland fans, ask minny fans. He doesn't impact the game at all. Him and Kyrie lost like 7 of 9. You think the him and Dragic will be a playoff team? Not a chance in hell. Keep Randle, get a top 5 pick, go after Gasol or Dragic. Enjoy the rebuild. 

But mortgaging the future for empty stats superstar isn't the way back to banner #17. 
How would the Lakers be mortgaging our future when we wouldn't have traded any picks?

Depending on how long Cleveland would have him under contract would implement the time dude has to do something or get traded. Also a possibility dude decides not to be a total **** to the franchise and lets everybody know he doesn't like it here and the Lakers can trade him before we walks away w/o giving us anything. I rly doubt Minnesota fans would complain about getting Wiggins and Thaddeus Young and being able to tank so good that ya'll jealous of them.

Nobody said buddy a superstar but the only PF/C that prolly is is Blake or Anthony Davis

Imma just leave it at the "he doesn't impact the game at all"  comment that doesn't even deserve an answer

How would the Lakers be mortgaging our future when we wouldn't have traded any picks?

Depending on how long Cleveland would have him under contract would implement the time dude has to do something or get traded. Also a possibility dude decides not to be a total **** to the franchise and lets everybody know he doesn't like it here and the Lakers can trade him before we walks away w/o giving us anything. I rly doubt Minnesota fans would complain about getting Wiggins and Thaddeus Young and being able to tank so good that ya'll jealous of them.

Nobody said buddy a superstar but the only PF/C that prolly is is Blake or Anthony Davis

Imma just leave it at the "he doesn't impact the game at all"  comment that doesn't even deserve an answer

I forgot who I'm speaking too. Don't even know why Im responding to such a short sighted person

Randle is our future. If he heals correctly he'll be lightyears better than love.

We don't have any picks to give away either :lol:

And Aldridge is better, melo who plays pf nowadays is better than love too.

I just don't see the point in giving up a 20 year old prospect on a cost controlled contract, who gives cap flexibility and will be at similar production levels.

But hey let's trade randle for love and we'll see how that works out for the Lakers.

I wouldn't even sign Kevin Love as a Free Agent.

Please elaborate, since I'm somehow off base with my statements :rofl:

We just drafted Randle with our 7th pick.

You sign Kevin Love, you now relegate Julius Randle to a career of bench playing for 15 minutes per game. There's no room for growth, no room for production. And if he is good, you will lose him when he's a RFA because you won't pay good money for a guy you have on the bench. Also Ryan Kelly, who is a solid role player (not a 6th man, but a good bench player) is now traded for 0 cents on the dollar. Ryan Kelly is a valuable bench player, but you won't get a damn thing for him. Maybe a 2nd Round Pick, and the chances that 2nd Round Pick is better than Ryan Kelly is SLIM.

You sign Kevin Love, you are forced to trade Julius Randle, and you won't get a fair trade for him. You'll get 50 cents on the dollar. You get a meh player for him. Not to mention that these trades where you trade a Top Draft Pick for established players backfire more times than they succeed. See Wiggins for Love.

Even signing him is a waste of $20million. Because you have Randle for $3, who knows what Randle will be. If he can't play NBA ball, you let him give it a shot first, then you look at replacing him. You don't replace a bright future guy before he even plays.

Also Kevin Love, hell of a player. Top 20 player in this league cannot survive as a 2nd/3rd option. He needs to be # 1 option to get all the stats he's used to and Kevin Love # 1 option is getting you 35 wins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom