2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well one things for sure, I'm proud of you for saying "couldn't care less."

I can't stand when people say "could care less" to express disinterest. Never made sense to me.

"Could" care less means that you could very well care a lot less than you currently do about the matter. So in a way, you do somewhat care.

"Couldn't" care less means you absolutely don't care in any way about the matter. You care about everything else more.

Thank you for being one of the few people to use it the way it should be used
pimp.gif
Could care less

They're/there/their

Could of/would of/should of

So many grammatical annoyances. 
laugh.gif

I agree but I honestly don't care anymore.
As sad as it is, his era is done.

My fav player for 17 years but it's a wrap man. The love, the hate, the debates, the jokes, the praise.... It just doesn't feel as meaningfull now that it's close to being over for him.

I hear people laughing at our team and Kobe in person, see the hate on Twitter and Facebook, and unlike years before it doesn't phase me at all.

I just *Kanye shrug* and keep scrolling. We do suck. We are a laughing stock. And Kobe is done.

It doesn't mean everything he's acxomplished is meaningless. Still proud and happy to be a Laker and Kobe fan for all these years.

But at this, everything's been disected, argued, discussed, debated millions and millions of times surrounding Kobe and his era.

What's left to really be upset about or debate about anymore?

We know who liked him, we know who didn't. We know who appreciated him more than others. We know what he did, what he didn't do. What he could of, should of, would of done. What contracts he did take, what contracts he should of taken. So on and so on. We know it all by now.

So I mean.

There's really not much to discuss anymore.
Neither the hate or love I see towards him means much anymore.

Once we get a few more young talented players on this roster and start a new era, it'll be a whole different world of Laker basketball to discuss and debate over.

Perfectly said.

Jeff Zillgitt & Sam Amick are saying Lakers will throw out a max deal offer to Jimmy Butler and go after Greg Monroe.

Butler will get matched, so not sure how much stock Lakers really put into going after him.

Last edited:
Lakers going to be throwing max deals around to everyone like Oprah. Will anyone take them? Find out on the next episode of DragonBall Z!!!

The lakers have been linked to literally every free agent and potential trade since dwight left. Not even exaggerating, I'm almost positive it's been every single one. Seems like more so to keep themselves in headlines and give fans something tangible to say they're being active upstairs

[quote name="tay1"][quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]
I agree but I honestly don't care anymore.
As sad as it is, his era is done.

My fav player for 17 years but it's a wrap man. The love, the hate, the debates, the jokes, the praise.... It just doesn't feel as meaningfull now that it's close to being over for him.

I hear people laughing at our team and Kobe in person, see the hate on Twitter and Facebook, and unlike years before it doesn't phase me at all.

I just *Kanye shrug* and keep scrolling. We do suck. We are a laughing stock. And Kobe is done.

It doesn't mean everything he's acxomplished is meaningless. Still proud and happy to be a Laker and Kobe fan for all these years.

But at this, everything's been disected, argued, discussed, debated millions and millions of times surrounding Kobe and his era.

What's left to really be upset about or debate about anymore?

We know who liked him, we know who didn't. We know who appreciated him more than others. We know what he did, what he didn't do. What he could of, should of, would of done. What contracts he did take, what contracts he should of taken. So on and so on. We know it all by now.

So I mean.

There's really not much to discuss anymore.
Neither the hate or love I see towards him means much anymore.

Once we get a few more young talented players on this roster and start a new era, it'll be a whole different world of Laker basketball to discuss and debate over.[/quote]Perfectly said.[/quote]Agreed.

Well, almost perfect, were it not for the 'could of', 'would of' crap that just caught my eye. Didn't see that before.

HAVE

Could HAVE, would HAVE, should HAVE.

Last edited:
Jeff Zillgitt & Sam Amick are saying Lakers will throw out a max deal offer to Jimmy Butler and go after Greg Monroe.

Butler will get matched, so not sure how much stock Lakers really put into going after him.

Yeah I dont see Green, Butler and Leonard leaving they'll all get matched.

One name i hope they target : Tobias Harris

Kobe on tnt? Anything better than kenny smith.

How long until shaq n kobe fight each other in the studio tho? Lol

Tank Watch:
Heat @ Hornets (Al Jefferson is back. A game out of the playoffs, no way we can catch up to the Hornets, but might as well put them here for time being)

Jazz @ Cavs (Winnable game, Kyrie is out. Jazz biggest weakness is at the guard position. LeBron is expected to play, but depends how he feels later on)

Knicks @ Sixers (Go watch that game. League Pass is free this week. Go watch the epic failure of these sorry franchises)

Pacers @ Hawks (Pacers are at 15 wins. Have no shot tonight)

Magic @ Pistons (I give Magic very little chance, but they have nights where they can't miss)

Mavs @ T'Wolves (Mavs one of the best teams on the road. Easy win for the Mavs)

Nets @ Kings (Could go either way. But Ty Corbin is such a horrible coach, I don't expect the Kings to win many games the rest of the season, maybe a handful)

Us @ Pelicans (Anthony Davis is playing so there is that)

Last edited:
The lakers have been linked to literally every free agent and potential trade since dwight left. Not even exaggerating, I'm almost positive it's been every single one. Seems like more so to keep themselves in headlines and give fans something tangible to say they're being active upstairs
i dont think the lakers are the ones actually putting these rumors/stories out there. heavy fines would come from that

. the  media has to report something, having "sources" get you paid in this world.

nothing else to talk about regarding the team right now, so plenty of scenarios will be making the rounds, especially with the trade deadline looming

Last edited:

I despise this cba.

They need to get rid of restricted free agency and making it so players don't have to stay in the same city for 7+ years.
Nope...deal with it.
AT is Dan Gilbert
trading wiggins who would have been forced to live in that garbage heap of a city for over half a decade for love who can be on a new team by the end of the year tho 
dont forget about that bum bennett, but i get you

i dont think the lakers are the ones actually putting these rumors/stories out there. heavy fines would come from that
. the  media has to report something, having "sources" get you paid in this world.
 nothing else to talk about regarding the team right now, so plenty of scenarios will be making the rounds, especially with the trade deadline looming

What I'm saying is that they are making calls and putting their bid in with no real intent or desire for some of these players. For example, lance stephenson. Over the summer it was being reported that the lakers were in talks with him. When Charlotte came to staples, lance was quoted saying that yea the lakers called but they never really followed up or got into any specifics. They didn't make a real offer to him but they did enough to give the media something to run with. Seems like a move to placate fans that go berserk when deals are made around the league and the lakers aren't mentioned/involved.

What I'm saying is that they are making calls and putting their bid in with no real intent or desire for some of these players. For example, lance stephenson. Over the summer it was being reported that the lakers were in talks with him. When Charlotte came to staples, lance was quoted saying that yea the lakers called but they never really followed up or got into any specifics. They didn't make a real offer to him but they did enough to give the media something to run with. Seems like a move to placate fans that go berserk when deals are made around the league and the lakers aren't mentioned/involved.

That's exactly what they're doing. And still charging an arm, leg, and two kidneys for tix even they know they're not trying to put a good product on the floor.

I think the Lakers had some intent to make a run at Isaiah Thomas and Lance Stephenson, but a big free agent (Melo) had to be the first domino.

As for the rumors right now, it's all coming form reporters speculating who's gonna have money to make a run at these guys.

Oh yeah and I forgot about Nick Young too...

“I told Goran Dragic on the court, ‘You might be my teammate next year.'” Young told the L.A. News Group shortly after the Lakers' loss on Monday to the Phoenix Suns. “I'll talk to Marc (Gasol.) Me and him are cool. Kevin Love, I'll talk to him.”

Yesterday's Jimmy Butler and Monroe rumors were basically from the USA Today guys thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom