2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.at LA digning D-Leaguers.
fresh young boys.

Wassup with the Jabari name? Is it like the new LeSean, DayShawn and two last names?

Nash already said he's willing to recruit players to LA. And work with people on a one to one basis.

But he's not going to be around often.

Lakers’ Julius Randle embraces learning during lengthy recovery

Plenty of work remains before Julius Randle ever plays again in a competitive basketball game, a frustrating reality the Lakers’ rookie forward has experienced since breaking his right leg only 14 minutes into the team’s season opener nearly five months ago.

But Randle has passed a test that earlier influenced the Lakers to select him seventh overall in last year’s draft and now signifies the steady progress surrounding his rehab.

Randle survived a physical workout against Lakers assistant coach Mark Madsen. The Lakers matched Randle up against Madsen in his individual pre-draft workout last year, surely aware how Madsen often gave Shaquille O’Neal fits in practice with his infinite energy.

Recently, Randle also spent part of the Lakers’ five-game trip working with Madsen, who offered some resistance during Randle’s pre-game shooting drills.

“Sometimes Mad Dog doesn’t realize how strong he is,” Randle joked about Madsen in an interview with the Los Angeles News Group.

More physical tests await; Randle plans to see team doctors in about a month to receive clearance for contact drills. The Lakers also believe Randle will heal in time for summer-league play in July. But his pre-game workouts with Madsen this past week represented one of many learning experiences on his first extended trip.

“It’s about understanding the game and how to take care of your body,” Randle said. “It’s tough how grueling it can be with all the flying and landing late. I’ve learned a lot.”

Randle has taken notes.

He reported having a handful of workouts with the recently retired Steve Nash before the trip. After making 49 percent of his field-goal attempts and 90.4 percent of his free throws through 18 NBA seasons, Nash helped Randle’s shooting technique so he can become a mid-range threat in a league that values stretch forwards. Randle, who showed potential as a playmaker, also sounded receptive toward Nash offering any point-guard tips in future workouts.

“I try to learn and soak up as much as possible,” Randle said. “(Passing) is always natural for me. But you can never learn too much.”

Hence, Randle’s pre-game routine involved mostly mid-range shooting and footwork in the post. During games, Randle sat on the end of the Lakers’ bench watching how every frontcourt player rotated on defense. During the trip, Randle reported he’s choosing the Lakers’ grass-fed diet over his love for sweets.

“I know where I want to get myself in order to be the best possible version of me,” Randle said. “I have goals that outweigh the short-term satisfaction of sweets.”

Randle’s main goal entails ensuring he returns “100 percent healthy” after experiencing improvement in both his conditioning and strength in his right leg,

“Performance is always going to matter to me,” Randle said. “I’m always going to be critical of myself. But it’s honestly more for the conditioning and competitiveness that I haven’t had in a year.”

He called that reality “tough” and a “learning process.”

But Kobe Bryant offered some perspective after experiencing season-ending injuries for three consecutive seasons.

“Just patience,” Randle said. “You have no choice but to have patience.”
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...dle-embraces-learning-during-lengthy-recovery

wassup wit da PR doing sympathetic ballad type writing for randle. dat mkting pr team doing work.

so at current prices we can pay for 9 jordan clarksons for the price of one useless nick young

it almost seems like drafting players is a great way to get cheap labor 

So out of clarkson randle black brown houston pick clippers second and their own second how many did the lakers have to bottom out get rid of everyone abandon ship tank for? I remember thinking it wouldn't be a big deal for mitch and buss la familia to stack some assets and it didn't have to be just tanking

Last edited:
I really like both Tarik and Jabari and hope they both have some sort of upside for us. But the addition of the two guys isn't exactly stacking assets.

Black and Brown look like 10-12th guys on a roster. Clarkson looks like a viable starter/contributing sixth man. Who knows with Randle. But I'm not going to complain, Mitch and co. need to build something, anything to entice free agents to come over.

And speaking of Randle, watching David Lee's highlights from last night, I couldn't help, but think of Randle doing very similar things next season and beyond:

Last edited:
I think it is we take our own players and develop them. Ya know like other organizations do. Then in 2 years they turn into assets we can either keep or flip.

I really like both Tarik and Jabari and hope they both have some sort of upside for us. But the addition of the two guys isn't exactly stacking assets.

I mean, every single second rounder we get is going to be as good as Clarkson, right?

Houston pick, unlimited ceiling, like Bron, Brow, Cousins, Curry, Wiggins, Wall, Blake, Rose, Russ, Love, Wade, Bosh, Melo, right?

That's how it works, yes?

How so? Is it an asset when miami gets value out of a d leaguer like whiteside? I'm probably using the word asset wrong but it's gotta be a good thing, right?

Yes but I'd say the value they're getting out of Whiteside is far greater than what Tarik/Jabari are giving us.

Tarik/Jabari are playing relatively well and have a little value (specifically to the Lakers given their situation), which is a good thing. But I wouldn't really label them "assets" yet because they're probably not moving the needle on anything right now. Maybe down the road though.

Last edited:
Really hope we keep our young guys JC, Jabari, Tarik plus Julius. Future is looking good. Keep Ed, Wayne, our pick and trade Wacky P and I'm good

Hey, CP.

Sports purgatory is the middle ground, right?

Rather be at the top, where a championship is at least realistic, or at the bottom, gunning for an opportunity to grab the next big thing.

No middle ground.

Middle ground is UN-GOOD.

Right?

Be terrible: grab Anthony Davis. "Yaaaay," Hornets fans say.

Remain terrible. "Long term," Hornets/Pelicans fans say.

Middle ground, 2015. That's... good?

Or are you gonna say it's a process? Next year, they'll acquire assets, jump from the 7/8/9/10 range to the 4/5/6 range?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

OKC were terrible their first few years. then started fighting for the final playoff spot. then became strong favorites out of the west.
same thing going on with golden state now.

the entire thing is a process.

ya'll need to stop talking in extremes/absolutes/black and white

Hey, CP.

Sports purgatory is the middle ground, right?

Rather be at the top, where a championship is at least realistic, or at the bottom, gunning for an opportunity to grab the next big thing.

No middle ground.

Middle ground is UN-GOOD.

Right?

Be terrible: grab Anthony Davis. "Yaaaay," Hornets fans say.

Remain terrible. "Long term," Hornets/Pelicans fans say.

Middle ground, 2015. That's... good?

Or are you gonna say it's a process? Next year, they'll acquire assets, jump from the 7/8/9/10 range to the 4/5/6 range?

New Orleans got stupid. They traded Nerlens Noel, for Jrue Holliday.
They signed or traded for Tyreke. (I forget which)

They traded this year's pick away too.

They got AD, panicked and tried to rush greatness.

AD + Noel as 19-20 years old, on low dollar contracts and then wise spending thru Free Agency.

You can't blame me for them being inept. I didn't co-sign those moves. :lol:

[quote name="had pants"]
giphy.gif
[/quote]:rofl:

Nah, man. I'm just saying, I haz want to understand.

I'm watching them fight for that final playoff spot and thinking, "Waiting, isn't that bad, where they're at?"

[quote name="CP1708"]New Orleans got stupid. They traded Nerlens Noel, for Jrue Holliday.
They signed or traded for Tyreke. (I forget which)

They traded this year's pick away too.

They got AD, panicked and tried to rush greatness.

AD + Noel as 19-20 years old, on low dollar contracts and then wise spending thru Free Agency.

You can't blame me for them being inept. I didn't co-sign those moves. :lol:[/quote]Makes sense. Commence olding.

OKC were terrible their first few years. then started fighting for the final playoff spot. then became strong favorites out of the west.
same thing going on with golden state now.

the entire thing is a process.

ya'll need to stop talking in extremes/absolutes/black and white

This x100
And if they didn't have a cheap *** owner
Harden Westbrook serge and Durant woulda been polishing 1-2 rings by now, and spurs probably never have there resurgence.

I've outlined my Laker plan multiple times, but will do so again for comparison sake.

As you know, I would have tanked MUCH harder last year. I would have sold Pau, Nash, Hill etc.

I would have pushed harder for Wiggins/Jabari, but I'll settle for Randle for ease here.

Randle/Clarkson/Towns/Houston pick + 2 seconds rounders
Tarrik Black/Sacre/Kelly

Kobe/Young/Ellington

Sell Hill, Lin, Davis for anything I can get. If Davis accepts cheap deal, then go ahead and keep.

Try to land solid wing this year cap space.

Finish out Kobe's 25 mil, then use that for either Durant, or split 12/12 for two key pieces.

That's 18 months away or so. Next year we MAAAAAAAAAYYYBEEEE scrape the playoffs, ala Smush years. The year after (2016 off-season) we spend Kobe cap space and add talent to join the Towns/Randle/Clarkson young/cheap core.

Similar to Steph/Klay/Barnes/Draymond core, supplemented by trade for Bogut/Lee and FA Iggy. Lotto to #1 seed inside 3-4 years of building.

Acceptable explanation/examples?

I've outlined my Laker plan multiple times, but will do so again for comparison sake.

As you know, I would have tanked MUCH harder last year. I would have sold Pau, Nash, Hill etc.

I would have pushed harder for Wiggins/Jabari, but I'll settle for Randle for ease here.

Randle/Clarkson/Towns/Houston pick + 2 seconds rounders
Tarrik Black/Sacre/Kelly

Kobe/Young/Ellington

Sell Hill, Lin, Davis for anything I can get. If Davis accepts cheap deal, then go ahead and keep.

Try to land solid wing this year cap space.

Finish out Kobe's 25 mil, then use that for either Durant, or split 12/12 for two key pieces.

That's 18 months away or so. Next year we MAAAAAAAAAYYYBEEEE scrape the playoffs, ala Smush years. The year after (2016 off-season) we spend Kobe cap space and add talent to join the Towns/Randle/Clarkson young/cheap core.

Similar to Steph/Klay/Barnes/Draymond core, supplemented by trade for Bogut/Lee and FA Iggy. Lotto to #1 seed inside 3-4 years of building.

Acceptable explanation/examples?

how much mountain dew did it take for you to come up with that?

thats an awesome plan, i can wait a year or two for us to get back into the playoffs. but i feel like we wont be contenders for at least 3 years

I mean...I'm new around here, so just used somethin I read on IHeartLakers.com and pasted it in here.

Complete with Warriors blueprint.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom