2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randle, Clarkson, Kobe, Black

I'd like Ed back, cheap only.

If need filler space, I'm ok with Kelly/Sacre and maaaaaaybe Ellington

I have no **** ing choice with Nick Young unfortunately. :smh:

Y'all don't think Hill could be solid role player when the ship gets righted? I love dudes like him.

So after Byron threw Laker players under the bus, I started wondering about other good coaching candidates, either college or assistants, since re-treads aren't working for us since the last 3 have completely imploded (the 2 Mikes and now Byron). Any ideas?

First thought for me was Calipari, but he's kinda a re-tread too since he flopped in New Jersey. Maybe he'll come back like Pete Carroll and kill it in the pros after having fun in college? Who knows. Another one is Fred Hoiberg, who has the NBA playing experience and now college coaching experience. But he also is having open heart surgery. The stress of LA might be a bit much...

I'm seeing all the success that Brad Stevens is having, and I'm admiring his work with the set plays and the way he's got those boys playing. Bud is killing it in ATL. I doubt Ettore Messina comes back to the Lakers after working for the Spurs and seemingly being groomed as Pop's successor. I'll also throw in the obligatory Thibs, as he's always thrown into coaching candidate lists even though he's still with the Bulls. 

So what you guys got? Who'd you like in the seat after Byron? 

But, Byron.

Nah?

Are you asking if Byron is the reason Hill plays this way now?

Nah. It's who Hill is. He likes shooting out there away from contact, and he's never been a rim protector.

He's better in short stretches, off the bench, 20 minutes, etc. But not for 9 mil.

Calipari is BUILT for college.

But... I said the exact same thing about Pete leaving USC. 2 Super Bowls later, including one victory... :lol:

Get Thibs. Trouble brewing in Chitown, and he is SOLID.

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="DarthSka"]But, Byron.

Nah?[/quote]Are you asking if Byron is the reason Hill plays this way now?

Nah. It's who Hill is. He likes shooting out there away from contact, and he's never been a rim protector.

He's better in short stretches, off the bench, 20 minutes, etc. But not for 9 mil.[/quote]That last part, that's what I'm saying.

So I think our chances of getting a top pick went up, Minny and the Knicks are tied at 16 wins which mean they have to split the number 1 pick combinations. 

you do not want to hire Calipari. Hire an established NBA guy that you can trust for 5 years. Thibs would be awesome for you guys.

Guys I'd keep:

Clarkson, Kobe, Randle
Swaggy P, Kelly, Black

Guys I'd be okay keeping:
Ed Davis or Jordan Hill (if we decline his option and sign him for cheaper i.e. $6mil). Rather it be Davis though.

Wayne Ellington or Wes Johnson as bench guy for a mil. Preferably North Carolina Ellington. Over a mil? Go with someone else.

Sacre or Jabari Brown is meh. Don't care either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom