• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bucks didn't tender a qualifying offer to Epke Udoh.

Pretty good defensive player. A plus-minus standout a la Shane Battier and Nick Collison.
I was just gonna ask about him in the offseason thread last night. But figured it would get lost in the shuffle
You can tell the kid understands and appreciates the winning history and aura of our organization.

pimp.gif
real talk, as much as I don't like the Lakers....... if I were a player and got drafted to the Lakers, I would be in awe and have this face the whole time 
eek.gif

After seeing Dwight in that office with the trophies, that doesn't get me as excited as it should. It's just a photo op, though you can't deny that hardware :smokin

Any thoughts on Ed Davis?

If we're still such a destination, how come a lottery pick hasn't refused to play anywhere except the Lakers since '96? I'm sure the boy will be decent, but this year would have been the PERFECT year for us to orchestrate landing Joel, Exum... even Wiggins. Matter of fact, why hasn't this happened with any team for like 20 years? In 2012, Anthony Davis had all the leverage to say no to NO. What was NO gonna do?

Last edited:
Davis is the skinny big guy that played for Toronto, then got traded for Rudy Gay. The Grizz didn't extend a QO to him, so he's unrestricted...

Damn everything has happened so fast, I never made a detail off season plan.

Oh well, here it goes: Don't sign anyone past two years. So that means no Lowry/Parsons/Monroe/Bledsoe. Maybe Lance if you overpay him for those two years. And I think I have just about given up on the Love Train to LA. So might as well gear up for Durant in 2016.

Literally know nothing of him.

Went to Carolina tho (Mitch) Doesn't even have a picture on reference ( :lol ) advanced #'s are not bad however, what the hell, per 36 of 12/10, PER around 16, just turned 25, 6-10 225, we talkin vet min here, or have to actually give him some money?

If we're just fillin out the back end, can't hurt to take a look at him. But where he plays, if they have Kelly tabbed as a stretch 4, and Sacre presumably the back up C, gettin crowded......

Oh well, here it goes: Don't sign anyone past two years. So that means no Lowry/Parsons/Monroe/Bledsoe. Maybe Lance if you overpay him for those two years. And I think I have just about given up on the Love Train to LA. So might as well gear up for Durant in 2016.

|I

I hate the thought of stinking for two more years just to make a run at a singular player, especially durant he definitely seems like the stay with my team type.

Two years sounds quick but that's a long damn time to be terrible just to have cap space for a single player.

|I

I hate the thought of stinking for two more years just to make a run at a singular player, especially durant he definitely seems like the stay with my team type.

Two years sounds quick but that's a long damn time to be terrible just to have cap space for a single player.

Wouldn't "just" be Durant tho. Would be doing a lot of good by stocking ANY young talent we could get, and get completely free of debt, like Kobe's deal.

Even if Durant stays, we're lookin at 40+ million in cap space and hopefully someone to pair next to Randle, then we can start to pull pieces in longer term.

Hey, maybe be in play for Anthony Davis if/when he decides he wants out of N.O. (sort of like how Houston was sitting there waiting to catch Harden)

Why should we waste two years to try and go after Durant, when we could go after some decent players now? I wouldn't want to invest in Durant anyways. He seems like he'll be awful with time.

Why should we waste two years to try and go after Durant, when we could go after some decent players now? I wouldn't want to invest in Durant anyways. He seems like he'll be awful with time.
I've maintained for awhile outside of a miracle, the Lakers are going to be pretty bad to mediocre for the next two to three years. Yeah they got cap space, but if they spend it right away that limits them trying to build up a core moving forward.

I've maintained for awhile outside of a miracle, the Lakers are going to be pretty bad to mediocre for the next two to three years. Yeah they got cap space, but if they spend it right away that limits them trying to build up a core moving forward.
I'd rather build a core now, then hope for something to happen in 2-3 years, and we end up with nothing.

i love this thread :rollin

Last edited:

I'd rather build a core now, then hope for something to happen in 2-3 years, and we end up with nothing.
I guess the silver lining is the cap should explode after the new tv deal. I'm just not interesting in maxing out Monroe or Parsons. Bledsoe wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have knee issues. Lance is Lance, you can talk me into him for a short-term contract. But I could see him choking out Kobe on opening night too.

I guess the silver lining is the cap should explode after the new tv deal. I'm just not interesting in maxing out Monroe or Parsons. Bledsoe wouldn't be so bad if he didn't have knee issues. Lance is Lance, you can talk me into him for a short-term contract. But I could see him choking out Kobe on opening night too.
Well yeah maxing out for one person isn't what I had in mind. I was hoping we could somehow get two Lance like level players. But then again, I don't know the numbers involved.

Bledsoe, Lance and Parsons are great players and pieces, but getting two of them still isn't making the Lakers great. And they'll have barely any money to add to that core. That would be the core.

I mean we aren't going to be instantly great in any way unless we get Melo/Bron.

Yeah, if they want to take short cuts, then they can look at the Knicks or Nets and ponder.

I mean we aren't going to be instantly great in any way unless we get Melo/Bron.

I'm saying that signing Bled/Lance/Parsons wouldn't make them instantly great... and it wouldn't give them room to grow, either. That's the ceiling.

Going off of what Pmatic said, in 2006 Steve Francis was available. Doesn't mean you need to trade for him just because you can. The Knicks' ceiling wasn't made any higher by adding him; it just shackled them from having money to spend even longer.

i love this thread :rollin

I hate this thread. :{ :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom