Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 57s

Sources: L Stephenson & Pacers at impasse. Indy offers 5 yrs/$44 mill. Lance wants more, will talk to others. Chi, LAL, Hornets interested.

Yeah, I think I'll pass.
I mean if hes shooting for more than the 8.8 mill the Pacers offered him then I'd pass too. 10 is the highest I would pay for that guy and he clearly thinks hes above that. 

SPL squad

Kendall Marshall

Rodrigue Beaubios

DeAndre Kane

LaQuinton Ross

Xavier Gibson

Jordan Clarkson

Jerome Jordan 

Julius Randle (confirmed) 

Anthony Ireland

Trevor Mbakwe

Kevin Murphy

Roscoe Smith

Renaldo Woolridge

looking good Mitch!!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I guess they're waiting until later to sign up Kelly, or else he would have been on the SL team.

Lance could be posturing the Pacers. Because they absolutely need him, if he leaves, they are no longer contenders. His agent is likely using that as leverage to demand more money, but doesn't mean he isn't considering elsewhere

14-15: $8,800,000 (24)
15-16: $9,240,000 (25)
16-17: $9,702,000 (26)
17-18: $10,187,100 (27)

4 year: $37.929 mil / $9.482mil per.

Most projections people had was $10mil a year. So that deal would be an extra year than I thought, but less than he'd get per year in my mind. To sweeten the pot for him, maybe give him the option on the 4th year. By that time, we'll have most of the other pieces in place, so can afford to re-sign him to a long term deal, if he wants.

Last edited:
Lance could be posturing the Pacers. Because they absolutely need him, if he leaves, they are no longer contenders. His agent is likely using that as leverage to demand more money, but doesn't mean he isn't considering elsewhere

14-15: $8,800,000 (24)
15-16: $9,240,000 (25)
16-17: $9,702,000 (26)
17-18: $10,187,100 (27)

4 year: $37.929 mil / $9.482mil per.

Most projections people had was $10mil a year. So that deal would be an extra year than I thought, but less than he'd get per year in my mind. To sweeten the pot for him, maybe give him the option on the 4th year. By that time, we'll have most of the other pieces in place, so can afford to re-sign him to a long term deal, if he wants.

pacers arent really a contender imo.... sure stevenson makes them better, but their inside game this season was a joke..roy hibbert played like greg oden for the entire playoffs.. had a few okay games. the only player that has star quality is paul george.. david west is a solid player, but that is all it is..

I say we throw out a 2 year deal worth about 11 mil with a team option for the 3rd year for Lance. Don't want to be locked down with 4 years of crazy in case he goes off the deep end. 3 yrs 34 mil works for me. He gets paid a little more yet we still have flexibility. This of course assumes Melo and Bron are off the table which I'm not entirely confident they are at this point.

pacers arent really a contender imo.... sure stevenson makes them better, but their inside game this season was a joke..roy hibbert played like greg oden for the entire playoffs.. had a few okay games. the only player that has star quality is paul george.. david west is a solid player, but that is all it is. people that sign lance, need to know which lance are you gonna get.. the hard working player that should've been an all star this past season, or the immature knucklehead that gets into trouble on and off the court.

Apparently Jeanie is going to be present at Melo's meeting tomorrow. Going to show him her goods, hopefully Lala doesn't come too or it could backfire.

Pacers trying to get cute like they don't have cap problems, and without Lance they are not a fringe playoff team.
but they do though, theyd have to release scola and pretty much have a depleted bench

I think you were misreading what I was saying.

Pacers trying to get cute (offer Lance less than market dictates) like they don't have cap problems, and without Lance they are not a fringe playoff team.

So what I am saying is yes they have cap problems, and without Lance they are a fringe playoff team. They are lowballing him as if those things don't exist, like they can afford to lose Lance and just replace him.

I understand that nobody wants us to lock into a bad contract on a guy like Lance/Lowry/Melo so we can keep flexibility in the upcoming years but I think we are overlooking one thing. We need to get some damn pieces in here or no one is going to want to come to LA in the future either, regardless if we have cap space. What is going to be attractive to Love/Durant/Bron in the next few years about LA when there is literally no one but an old Kobe who's about to retire. I think we would be better off signing Lance or Melo and trying to compete the best we can the next couple years and then go after one of the big guys after Kobe retires. At that point, at least Durant can look at LA and say "they have Melo/Randle and 25 mil in cap space" instead of just an empty cupboard. It's not like we have our first round picks either so sucking isn't going to get us no where. Not a chance we will be bottom 5 next year, this was our worst team ever this past year and we still only got the 7th spot. IDK, we are in a tough position, thanks to Kobe's ******** contract :x

Yeah, but in 2 years Melo will be 32+ and plays the same position as Durant, so that's not gonna matter.

Lance or Bledsoe is a decent pairing with Randle, but my personal overall hope would be to bottom out, top 5 pick

That kid makes 3.5, Randle 2.5 that's 6 mil per year, total, and Durant gets to watch them play a year together in Kobe's last year, then we have 60+ mil in cap space once Kobe steps down. (wouldn't be quite 60, but in that direction once we shed guys like Sacre/Kelly etc if we needed to)

Again, 2 top young guys, 20-21 years old, taking up only 6 mil in cap space, and plenty of money to sign ANY free agents that come available, Durant would have to look at that pretty hard. Hell, we could tell him that Russ would join him the following year. :lol:

I'm not saying it's going to happen, it's just the plan of action we should take. Those 2 pieces (if they pan out) would be an attractive duo to free agents looking to build a super team, in nice weather, attractive market, AND have a history they can add to. Durant + ? + ? + our 2 kids, would be a good time. (depending on who Durant would bring in with him)

The other option I gave the other day was Lance this year, Marc Gasol next year, Durant the year after, with Randle growing in the background.

Either option works, the bottom out, keep top five is just the easier way to get there. Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom