Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami in 06 I think.

They can probably sell the Lakers going to visit Pau's new team, which makes sense.

Last edited:
ah, forgot about '06. for some reason I can't remember any of those games vs Miami save for 2004.

on the upside, that's one less opportunity for us to wear the home whites.

Last edited:
I would love to see a vintage Kobe performance and see him go off and drop 50+ in Chi town in the house Jordan built :D

Or see him drop a dagger game winner on Christmas day :D

Last edited:

A bit dated but I'll never get sick of this vid 
pimp.gif

Kobe's Five Things

View media item 1128326

When we sat down with longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti last week, the subject of Kobe Bryant's chances to stay healthy in 2014-15 sparked Vitti's mind about the five things he thinks make Bryant the player he is:

• Extreme athleticism
  • Extreme talent
  • Outworks everybody
  • Incredible toughness
  • Intellectual brilliance
  • Those five things come with "stuff" that Vitti said Bryant would be the "first to admit."

Stuff like … being over-the-top competitive? Going after teammates who aren't bringing full effort? Being disgusted with any and every loss? Focusing 100 percent on being the best at basketball at the expense of everything else?

Depends who you ask. But the point is simple for Vitti. Whatever that "stuff" may be, it's worth it.

Here's the full quote:

Kobe Bryant is a brilliant basketball player. Kobe Bryant is a great athlete, but there were actually players that were more athletic than Kobe. So why him? It's in his mind and his heart and soul. He just has something about him that most people don't. No matter what you think of Kobe Bryant, he's extremely athletic, extremely talented, works harder than anyone else, is tough as nails and intellectually brilliant. You can't take those five things away from him. When you put them all together, you end up with a very, very successful person. Now, it comes with ‘stuff,’ and he'll be the first one to admit it, but wouldn't you rather have a guy that has those five things and deal with the ‘stuff’ than have a guy that doesn't have any ‘stuff’ but you’re trying to instill one of those five things in him. I'll take the dude with the five things.
As for the answer to that first question about Kobe's chances of staying healthy?

"I have 100 percent confidence that he'll be healthy because of the way he handles his body and the style of play that we'll compete at," said Vitti.

Link:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/140811kobebryant_fivethings?cid=FB

Would be dope top wear the Hollywood nights on Xmas, except they added damn sleeves to them :x

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina
NBA will release the 2014-15 schedule at 3 p.m. PST on Wed. @NBATV also having a schedule release special at that time

I usually post in the wrestling thread but I feel it's time I venture into my biggest passion, which is basketball and the Lakers specifically. I'm old enough to have most of Jordan's career and a life long bball fan.(just as a reference point) Hope to engage in some quality sports talk with y'all. Next season isn't looking too good at all. :frown: that's all for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom