2014 NBA Draft Thread

I love Jabari but Brett Brown wants a real fast, uptempo team and I don't think his playing style fits into that. No way we gamble on a big man with injury concerns that doesn't even seem to complement our young big man that just had to sit out all of last season. I've heard for a while we really want Wiggins and although I'm higher on him than I was in the past I still don't think there's any way in hell that he ever performs at a higher level than Kevin Love. Building around MCW, Love, Noel, #10 pick, Thad and still a bunch more cap room sounds a lot better to me.

I probably take my chances with Bari, Parker or Embiid. I love Kevin Love, but what does adding him to that roster do for Philly? Makes you an 8 seed at best? Rather take a chance on one of those 3 guys being better and avoids giving Love 100 mill.

Love is a proven commodity though and depending on who you ask, the best PF in the league.

Also, you put him next to Noel and that helps a lot of his defensive problems.

I'm trading any pick besides #1 for Love in a second.

Giving Kevin Love only 4 years has to be the most flagrantly stupid front office decision in the history of the NBA.

I'm convinced.

Giving Kevin Love only 4 years has to be the most flagrantly stupid front office decision in the history of the NBA.

I'm convinced.
The big fish in your small pond wants the full maximum contract and you say "nah, you're not a star".
laugh.gif

And to compromise, you hand him an ETO after year 3 of a 4 year contract.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Then, during the next CBA negotiations, they'll complain about the system being broken.

I have NO SYMPATHY for idiocy.

The Timberwolves front office has been delusional for years, the writing has been on the wall, and the more time that ticks, the less valuable trade assets you receive, he better be traded by draft night.

Get Kevin Love to the East Coast so he can flourish man, enough log jam as it is in the West

So where do we stand on the Sixers? I applaud Hinkie for making a swift change, but do you guys want him to "succeed" in the lottery after putting out the nightly atrocity that he did this season? :lol:

Well, I see MInnesota is about to get railroaded into trading their best player just so he can play in a big market. That will be another bad day for the league as a whole.

The NBA has its issues but Kevin Love's situation is a poor example of what you're alluding to.

From a 2013 SB Nation article:

Whose fault is it that Kevin Love could leave as a free agent in 2015? Wolves owner Glen Taylor and, uh, Russell Westbrook. Quick explainer: a year ago, Love was eligible for an early extension, like other 2008 draft products. The max was for five years, which would take the player through 2017. Love wanted that. The Wolves refused. Love ended up signing a four-year deal with a player out after three. So he can become a free agent in 2015. Now, Kahn:

"We handled it the best way we can, and of course I handled it per instructions from the owner. Glen and I talked about it at length. I think it actually took me some time to tell Glen it was imperative he receive max money. The only issue, the only quibble came down to that last year [...]. It's an awfully long time to string a contract out with all the variables that can occur mostly due to injuries and oftentimes to big men. That was it. I think Kevin really had his heart set on a fifth year. I think his friendship with Russell Westbrook (who signed a five-year deal with OKC) made it difficult to accept, but that's why I also prevailed upon Glen that we should relent and give him a third-year option so he felt like he was winning something too. In every compromise it's important for both sides to walk away with something that was valuable to have."

Wolves have no one to blame but themselves. And that's just one example of the incompetence of David Kahn's management.

I have no sympathy for franchises with terrible front offices. The odds are not in your favor in a small market, that's true. Repeatedly shooting yourself in foot makes any complaints null and void.

In addition, they didn't even want to give him max money b/c they believed Rubio was the franchise player....this was before Rubio even played a game.

So where do we stand on the Sixers? I applaud Hinkie for making a swift change, but do you guys want him to "succeed" in the lottery after putting out the nightly atrocity that he did this season? :lol:

They're one of the spots I wouldn't mind seeing Drew. LA, Milwaukee, Philly.

Yeah in a way it kinda sucks that our whole ownership and Hinkie made it so obvious that we were tanking. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the *** when Silver is "drawing" those lottery balls. I think they want one of those top 3 picks in Philly though over Milwaukee, Orlando and Utah.

Silver would start his career off with a real bang if he gave the top 3 picks to Philly, LA and Boston :lol:

Yeah in a way it kinda sucks that our whole ownership and Hinkie made it so obvious that we were tanking. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the *** when Silver is "drawing" those lottery balls. I think they want one of those top 3 picks in Philly though over Milwaukee, Orlando and Utah.

Silver would start his career off with a real bang if he gave the top 3 picks to Philly, LA and Boston :lol:

Didn't Silver say he was in full support of what Philly was doing? :nerd:

Pelicans going to shock the world and win the lottery. Sixers own pick will be the second pick. They draft Parker and Wiggins. Pandemonium on the streets of Philly :lol:

Edit: **** I forgot Peli's pick is top 5 protected.

Last edited:
Kevin Love + Klay + Steph would be unstoppable offensivlely though

Last edited:
Kevin Love + Klay + Steph would be unstoppable though.
my thoughts exactly but being realistic, i don't think GSW can keep both klay and steph. Minn would rather get klay than Iggy and giving them barnes as the only young player just won't be enough.

Wiggins was boring as hell on ESPN. They're just interviews but they didn't help the "not assertive" criticisms.

Last edited:
Professional teams are asking **** like "how many pennies are in a million dollars" in interviews. The bar is set low for my pseudo scouting lol.

Last edited:
Professional teams are asking **** like "how many pennies are in a million dollars" in interviews. The bar is set low for my pseudo scouting lol.

You dead serious? :lol:

I'd have to troll them and say "what does that matter? Y'all paying me more than a mill anyway"

So where do we stand on the Sixers? I applaud Hinkie for making a swift change, but do you guys want him to "succeed" in the lottery after putting out the nightly atrocity that he did this season?
laugh.gif
I'm on record saying I wanted them to somehow get a disappointing spot after the ridiculous tanking they pulled. Don't want to see them win after all that ****. 

That being said...I'd rather Bari/Wiggins go there than Utah or Milwaukee.
sick.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom