2014 NBA Draft Thread

Curious if Philly or Orlando will package both their picks to get in the top 2 or 3 if they fall in love with a player.

I see Boston getting the 3rd pick, drafting Jabari, and he'll spend his career lighting up the Knicks for 40 a game and hitting game winning shots.

Curious if Philly or Orlando will package both their picks to get in the top 2 or 3 if they fall in love with a player.

I mean at worst the Sixers could end up with like the #4 pick unless something catastrophic happens to the draft order.

I'm predicting Boston will land the top pick
Make it happen, Silver.
pimp.gif

Well, I see MInnesota is about to get railroaded into trading their best player just so he can play in a big market. That will be another bad day for the league as a whole.

Well, I see MInnesota is about to get railroaded into trading their best player just so he can play in a big market. That will be another bad day for the league as a whole.

Eh, they've had him for 6 years and couldn't even field a playoff contender. Boo hoo. He's helping them if they deal him as opposed to losing him for nothing.

I would trade a top 3 pick in this draft for Kevin Love if he agreed to an extension with us beforehand.

Damn he's been in the L 6 years? That's crazy, seems like he was just a doughboy at UCLA eating all the Pizza

Damn he's been in the L 6 years? That's crazy, seems like he was just a doughboy at UCLA eating all the Pizza

Dude was president of the Pregnant Woman Arms club. :lol:

Still was grabbing rebounds like pepperoni slices. :pimp:

The NBA has its issues but Kevin Love's situation is a poor example of what you're alluding to.

From a 2013 SB Nation article:
Whose fault is it that Kevin Love could leave as a free agent in 2015? Wolves owner Glen Taylor and, uh, Russell Westbrook. Quick explainer: a year ago, Love was eligible for an early extension, like other 2008 draft products. The max was for five years, which would take the player through 2017. Love wanted that. The Wolves refused. Love ended up signing a four-year deal with a player out after three. So he can become a free agent in 2015. Now, Kahn:

"We handled it the best way we can, and of course I handled it per instructions from the owner. Glen and I talked about it at length. I think it actually took me some time to tell Glen it was imperative he receive max money. The only issue, the only quibble came down to that last year [...]. It's an awfully long time to string a contract out with all the variables that can occur mostly due to injuries and oftentimes to big men. That was it. I think Kevin really had his heart set on a fifth year. I think his friendship with Russell Westbrook (who signed a five-year deal with OKC) made it difficult to accept, but that's why I also prevailed upon Glen that we should relent and give him a third-year option so he felt like he was winning something too. In every compromise it's important for both sides to walk away with something that was valuable to have."
Wolves have no one to blame but themselves. And that's just one example of the incompetence of David Kahn's management.

I have no sympathy for franchises with terrible front offices. The odds are not in your favor in a small market, that's true. Repeatedly shooting yourself in foot makes any complaints null and void.

Last edited:
I would trade a top 3 pick in this draft for Kevin Love if he agreed to an extension with us beforehand.
I probably take my chances with Bari, Parker or Embiid. I love Kevin Love, but what does adding him to that roster do for Philly? Makes you an 8 seed at best? Rather take a chance on one of those 3 guys being better and avoids giving Love 100 mill.

Back
Top Bottom