2014 NBA Draft Thread

I wish I saw people the way awwsome sees people. Everybody is the G.O.A.T.
laugh.gif

Vonleh measurements. :pimp:

Marcus Smart is a freak of nature though, if I'm not getting Wiggins/Embiid/Parker/Exum I gotta go with him. He's a terrible shooter though, I have faith that he'll improve, I'm not in love with his form but hey.
That's my mans...even if he don't get that jumper right u can put him down for coming into the league as one of the strongest pg's, lock down defense, n he gonna use that body in the lane ...plus he only like 20 n just starting to learn the pg position :pimp:

Doesn't matter if one guy got fired...plenty of them have absolutely no clue what they're doing when it comes to drafting or handing out stupid contracts.

*Waits for the Sixers to draft Wiggins and LaVine*

I wouldn't mind it honestly. We would be ridiculously athletic and Lavine would bring outside shooting we really need. I could definitely see somebody reaching for him somewhere between 6-8 though. He'll light it up in workouts and show off his vert to everybody and they'll eat it up.

Saw that boy Stanley Johnson hoop today against grown pro men and he looked pretty good.

AZ pit stop...

LOL. They'd likely suck next year again.

:lol:

They could be an 8th seed just off talent alone but they'd need really good coaching and shooting would be struggle.

Dat dere defense and transition though. :pimp:

Between LaVine and Maple Jordan they would be on SC top 10 every night.

Saw that boy Stanley Johnson hoop today against grown pro men and he looked pretty good.

AZ pit stop...

Kid is a pro, freak athlete.

He's going to be so good with the Beige Brigade next year.

Last edited:
MCW, Lavine, Wiggins, Thad and Noel would be a fast break every single damn time. They would be fun as hell to watch at the least. Keep in mind they also have enough cap room to have those five guys plus two max free agents and more. Not saying LeBron or Melo is coming but they could sign whoever they want that wants to be around a bunch of young studs and get paid handsomely while doing so.

I believe in Sam Hinkie and Brett Brown.

The hell happened to Mc Adoo :smh:

I remember reading a few years ago how he was a def. lottery pick, now mocks have him in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
I like to think of talent evaluation on a radar graph with 4 axis.

Size
Explosiveness
Coordination
Skill

Elite players are on the extreme end of at least two of these categories

Westbrook- size, explosiveness
Blake Griffin, Explosiveness, coordination.
Steve Nash - Coordination, Skill.
Demarcas Cousins - Coordination, Size.

Generational talents are on the extreme end of at least 3 categories.

Dirk, Size coordination, Skill.
David Robinson, Size, Coordination, Explosiveness.
Duncan, Coordination, Skill, Size.

and Lebron Jame and Kevin Durant have it all.

Size is the only one that you can't teach or improve.

It's not perfect but you get the idea.

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

laugh.gif

They could be an 8th seed just off talent alone but they'd need really good coaching and shooting would be struggle.

Dat dere defense and transition though.
pimp.gif

Between LaVine and Maple Jordan they would be on SC top 10 every night.
Kid is a pro, freak athlete.

He's going to be so good with the Beige Brigade next year.
They'd be way too bad shooting. Have to throw a vet in there somewhere, which they could do with all the cap space that they have. Makings of one of those terrible but entertaining squads.

Back
Top Bottom