2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe carried us to the playoffs 2 years ago. I know he's coming of an achilles injury but if he gets a lil help, we'll surprise folks.

Lakers being just as chitty as Knicks. 2 of the best cities in the world *** in bball
mean.gif

People said the same exact thing last offseason. I wish I had a nickel for every time I read "You know, I think the Lakers are gonna surprise people this year. They're not gonna be as bad as most of you guys think."

I was gonna do a roundup at the end of the year of all the people talking about home court in the first round of the playoffs being a possibility but I decided to leave it alone.

Last edited:
Kobe is my favorite player but people need to stop thinking he's some kind of super hero. Plus the West is a lot more stacked now than the Smushcalade days.

Lakers fans went from "We're getting LeBron and Melo" to "We got Swaggy P and Boozer!" in like 10 days

roll.gif

Well, lets just look at the West playoff teams from last year and consider whether the Lakers will be better than any of them:

Spurs - no
OKC - no
Clippers - no
Rockets - no
Blazers - no
Golden State - no
Memphis - no
Dallas - no.

There you go. The Lakers aren't making the playoffs in 2014-2015.

People said the same exact thing last offseason. I wish I had a nickel for every time I read "You know, I think the Lakers are gonna surprise people this year. They're not gonna be as bad as most of you guys think."

I was gonna do a roundup at the end of the year of all the people talking about home court in the first round of the playoffs being a possibility but I decided to leave it alone.

I was just thinking about one of these screenshots you posted.

Knicks actually have a shot at winning their division.

Lakers,Suns, Clippers, GSW all in the same division.  I wouldn't compare chances of Playoff births between these two teams.

For the Lakers to surprise and find themselves in playoff contention...

San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, LAC, Memphis, Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Portland, Minnesota (assuming no Love trade), Golden State... Hell, even New Orleans...

Who out of that group are the Lakers going to be better than?

Kobe's no superhero but he carried the Lakers to the playoffs his last season. Not saying a playoff berth but they won't be complete trash.

Can't wait for this season to kick off. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom