2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey atleast we tried :lol:

Idk what the Wolves want. Do they want established players (Klay/Lee/Taj/Butler) to stay somewhat relevant or are they looking for potential (Wiggins/picks) and go into full rebuild mode?

Last edited:
I think Hardaway and Shump would play their butts off, because they know Minnesota would be inclined to overpay to keep them, if they played great 

Those a Knicks are getting boo'd less and less.
Phil winning you guys over, I see.
Atlantic Champions

Not that bad of a trade for Minny. Let Amare's contract expire, re-sign Klove in FA. :lol:

Idk what the Wolves want. Do they want established players (Klay/Lee/Taj/Butler) to stay somewhat relevant or are they looking for potential (Wiggins/picks) and go into full rebuild mode?

NBA Trade Negotiations[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Where the New York Knicks Display Their Knowledge of Value.

For your second portion, the hope is that Andrew Wiggins accomplishes all.

What y'all think of this?
NBA looking at weeklong All-Star break in '14-15 schedule
By Ira Winderman
South Florida Sun Sentinel
6:06 p.m. EDT, July 25, 2014

MIAMI—
The NBA is poised to turn the All-Star break into All-Star week this coming season, the Sun Sentinel has learned, providing teams with a full week off at midseason.

The move, which would give players seven days off between games in mid-February, would result in an increase of one or two back-to-back sets per team for the coming season, a party familiar with the process said.

"That's the model they're using right now while they're filling in the schedule," an NBA source familiar with the process told the Sun Sentinel Friday. "Could they go back and use some of those dates if needed? That's possible. But the week off looks like what's going to happen."

The release of the 2014-15 NBA schedule has been pushed back into August to allow the league's television partners to adjust for the dramatic shakeup created by free agency, including the shift of LeBron James from the Miami Heat to Cleveland Cavaliers.

With the elongated All-Star break, the possibility of then starting the 2015-16 season a week earlier also has been deliberated recently, although that dynamic has yet to gain traction, according to an NBA source familiar with the situation, with such a move potentially requiring an adjustment in the collective-bargaining agreement.

"And then," the NBA source said, "we'd have to look at dates already committed to on the [2015] preseason schedule."

Players in recent seasons have spoken of a desire for additional time off at midseason, particularly those who participate in All-Star Weekend, which has grown into a three-day event when counting the Rising Stars Challenge on Friday night, the league's skills competitions on All-Star Saturday, and then the Sunday night NBA All-Star Game.

Teams currently are given a five-day layoff during the All-Star break, with one of those days a mandated return to practice. Still being finalized is when players would be required to report back to their teams during the break.

The league in recent years has worked to reduce the number of games scheduled on consecutive nights, but a weeklong All-Star break would push the number of back-to-back sets closer to what they had been in previous years.

For the upcoming season, the extended All-Star break, which actually would come about three weeks beyond the midpoint of the 82-game regular-season schedule, would not impact the overall schedule calendar.

The 2014-15 NBA regular-season is scheduled to begin on Oct. 28 and conclude on April 15, with the 2015 playoffs beginning on April 18.

Commissioner Adam Silver hinted at the possibility of such a change during this past season's All-Star Weekend.

"That's something I've heard directly from the players on," Silver said in February. "They're saying that if we, if they could get a few more days off around All¿Star -- especially the All¿Stars, I think, who, as we all know, are so busy over the course of these few days -- it would be helpful to them to get some additional rest.

"Of course our season is so concentrated right now, that will require us to push back the season a few days. So we'll continue to look at it. It's an awfully long season right now. So I'm not sure we want to go too much longer. But we'll look at it."

All-Star weekend is scheduled for Feb. 13-15 in New York, with the events split between Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets, and Madison Square Garden, home of the New York Knicks.

Yeah, to me getting Wiggins is still the best deal they can get. At this point I just don't want it to happen cuz I believe Love on the Cavs means a finals appearance.
Maybe the Knicks should call up boston with a similar offer.
While I wanted Rondo awhile back I doubt Phil wants him cuz he does n't really fit in the triangle since his shooting isn't great.
I think Hardaway and Shump would play their butts off, because they know Minnesota would be inclined to overpay to keep them, if they played great 
Good point too. They got a better chance of staying than play or Wiggins (who everybody thinks will head to Toronto).

Minny aint accepting that.

the only positive in that trade is Hardaway and thats if he can keep improving

Rondo isn't a triangle player, but I hope that Phil is flexible enough to make a move for him if he's available. He is the kind of talent that's worth collecting under any circumstances.

And he'd be the best player on the team.

Ja's 2¢ Ja's 2¢ They need something like the mid season Full week break.
The AllStar Break is already a week of meet ups, interviews. Sched NBA appearances with literally barely a 24 hr break in true time off.
The games may stop for 4-7 days, but then they put them to work off the court so it's not a real break

Last edited:
Entertainment wise, im not sure their up for the challenge, a whole week! But would be great for the economies of the hosting cities and I wouldn't mind the season starting a week earlier

NBA Trade Negotiations[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Where the New York Knicks Display Their Knowledge of Value.

Says the fan of the team actively trying to fleece 3 different teams right now :lol:

I'm not a fan of a full week off at the All Star break, but I don't really care either. As I've seen from the NFL, when a new commish comes in, he starts makin all kinds of changes for no ******* reason just to show he's doing "something" even if it's trivial as hell.

:lol: :lol: at allowing the networks time to adjust for the Cleveland games to get slotted into the Miami games on the schedule. That's cold man. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom