2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyson back in Dallas!
pimp.gif

I don't even care that he's not as good as he was, he's still a much a better Center than Samuel Dalembert.

And Raymond Felton coming in is whatever. As long as Devin comes back.

19 million between Tyson and Raymond. Probably 20 million between Dirk and Monta. Hopefully we shipped off someone else to save a little bit more space. Maybe Brandan Wright?

I think it might take us out of the Melo sweepstakes, but we'll see. If not?
nerd.gif

Who cares.
Monta
Melo
Dirk
Tyson.

I still think we end up with at least Luol Deng though. Not a bad consolation. A better team defensively than what we had last year.

As good as Calderon was last year, the Mavericks know they need help badly on the defensive end of the ball. We paid too much for Calderon and Tony torched us in the Playoffs last year. We can't pay him that much, and have him be that much of a liability on defense.
I don't think it takes us out of consideration. Really depends on how we handle Harris's contract, and how low Dirk could sign for. Either way, this is a nice setup for next summer. 

Can we take back a bag of peanuts instead of Felton though?

Dalembert also has a team option on his contract. Knicks would look to save $ 7 MM with the trade.

Calderon would probably be packaged in a trade with Amare to clear up even more space for NY. Doubt Calderon stays.

Decent trade for Mavs... Get out from under 3 year / $23mil from Calderon.... Shane Larkin is meh. Felton will most certainly opt out of his deal.

Even if Chandler was doo doo, gives the Mavs some defense that they need without giving up anything important

Aren't the Mavs going after Melo?

Their pitch is gonna be leave the Knicks to play with the Knicks?
Dirk > Bargs / Amare. 

Monta is very ball dominant though, so that could create issues. Carlisle is a good enough coach to make things work, imo.

Calderon was completely useless in the playoffs. It was a bad mix from the get go with him and Monta because neither of them can guard anyone. Can't play them on the floor together against anyone decent.

What is Felton's remaining deal like?

So this saved the Knicks 7 mill since we wont pick up Dallys option. Plus Caldo is easier to package in a deal with Amare or Bargs.

Sign me up.

Last edited:
Aren't the Mavs going after Melo?

Their pitch is gonna be leave the Knicks to play with the Knicks?

Uhh, there's a guy named Dirk there that's better than any Knicks player in the past about 20 years. :lol:

And a dynamic finisher at the rim, and a top-tier coach.

A couple things he never had in New York.

Calderon was completely useless in the playoffs. It was a bad mix from the get go with him and Monta because neither of them can guard anyone. Can't play them on the floor together against anyone decent.

2 year about $3.7mil then $3.9, second year player option

Last edited:

I believe 2 years, roughly over $7.5M spread out over that span.

Why the Broussard hate? Dudes money! I believe everything he says. Y'all tripping

just went i unblock you ,you give me a reason to reverse that SMH

Lol. You block people?
But on God I've never heard anybody talk bad about Broussard outside this NT huddle today. Where do y'all come up with this stuff? I thought I read and listened to radio and watched a lot of tele but.... Y'all dudes man? For real, what'd he do?

Last edited:

4.36MM next season, player option year after for about 4.5MM.

Bingo. Devin freaking Harris was lightyears ahead of Jose in the Playoffs. Stage was too big for him.

Felton is owed about 4.3 million this upcoming year, with a 4.5 million PO in 15/16.

Wait a Min has birdman even opted out yet? He was doing heat realated appearances today at a local high school for a heat camp

If this trade is really done than yea the Knicks have 0 faith in Melo coming back... & quite frankly why would you trade for a horrid contract in Calderon making 7.5 a year... when your trying to clear cap?

Package Calderon with amare? Amare alone makes about 22 this season which team is in a position to take on damn near 30 million in salary while still having to pay a borderline/starter 7.5 mil for the next three

Uhh, there's a guy named Dirk there that's better than any Knicks player in the past about 20 years. :lol:

And a dynamic finisher at the rim, and a top-tier coach.

A couple things he never had in New York.

Yes, him and Monta are huge improvements over anything the Knicks have had in those positions

But if they're trying to pitch to Melo, it's kinda hard to go in there saying 3/5 of the starting lineup is gonna be the same as what you're bolting from. Even if the other two players are Dirk and Monta. Seems like it would be better not to make this trade, in terms of Melo.

Felton sucks though lol...

Just sit him for the entire year and make him miserable. See if you can make him mad enough to opt out.

Lol. You block people?
But on God I've never heard anybody talk bad about Broussard outside this NT huddle today. Where do y'all come up with this stuff? I thought I read and listened to radio and watched a lot of tele but.... Y'all dudes man? For real, what'd he do?
For one. He miss spelled Memphis on national TV.

Bingo. Devin freaking Harris was lightyears ahead of Jose in the Playoffs. Stage was too big for him.

Felton is owed about 4.3 million this upcoming year, with a 4.5 million PO in 15/16.
The defensive effort is there for Jose, he's just not very good. 

Parker lit everyone up, but I agree that Harris did a better job in the playoffs. I was hoping that if both returned, Jose would be wiling to move to the bench. 

If this trade is really done than yea the Knicks have 0 faith in Melo coming back... & quite frankly why would you trade for a horrid contract in Calderon making 7.5 a year... when your trying to clear cap?

Package Calderon with amare? Amare alone makes about 22 this season which team is in a position to take on damn near 30 million in salary while still having to pay a borderline/starter 7.5 mil for the next three

Only way to get rid of Bargs, Amar'e is to use 1sts.. Which they traded away for Bargs after trading 2- 2nds for Marcus Camby :lol:

Last edited:
Why the Broussard hate? Dudes money! I believe everything he says. Y'all tripping

just went i unblock you ,you give me a reason to reverse that SMH

Lol. You block people?
Takes stories from other reporters, edits the wording, puts it on Twitter as his story. Cites reporters as "sources"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom