2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Smart and James Young?

Smh I wanted Randle.

Now celtics are going to trade rondo. Young is a 2 guard.

I just hope we get som young talent if we are trading rondo. Prefably a big.

Green Sullinger and Olynyk need To go.

Man you guys are setting yourself up to fail...same boat as the lakers imo

U got A decent nba inexperienced pg so u dump a champion top 5 pg pg in the league
Lol wow..if Ainge was smart he'd clear house and build around rondo...
Not dump him and start from scratch

Playoffs will not be seen for a while in Boston

Exactly. Rondo is one of the best PGs. I don't understand why he wants to get rid of him smh.

Rondo is gonna be due for a new contract. Do you pay him all that money if he's the best player on your roster and limit your flexibility elsewhere? Celtics have too many holes. I move Rondo and spread that money across my roster. Jeff Green should get traded as well.

trading rondo is the right move IMO

I dont think you build a team around a 28yr old pg who cant shoot and is do a big contract limits you too much

complete overhaul seems the best way to go about it

Wrong Move for them they have a hell of a contract in Anderson at only 8 a year and he fits perfectly with AD. They NEED to shop around Gordon he clearly doesnt want to be in NO and he let's it be known every chance

RT @ChaseNCashe: Send @elfrid to the Pelicans for Eric Gordon
— Tuh. Knee. Shuh. (@MsLightBright) June 27, 2014

IDK how to embed tweets on NT but this is pretty much a tweet Gordon Favorited saying that he should have been sent to ORL for Elfrid

Last edited:
sleeved jerseys is more ad space 
nerd.gif

trading rondo is the right move IMO

I dont think you build a team around a 28yr old pg who cant shoot and is do a big contract limits you too much

complete overhaul seems the best way to go about it
I disagree. Rondo makes everyone around him better. Boston hasn't truly tried to build around him since dismantling Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen. Their player personnel has been lackadaisical since. I'm done hearing the trade rumors, "selfish assists" allegations, and rumored maturity issues. Because his game is not predicated on scoring or physical attributes per se, it's not out of the question Rondo performs at a satisfactory level for another 8-10 years.

Wrong Move for them they have a hell of a contract in Anderson at only 8 a year and he fits perfectly with AD. They NEED to shop around Gordon he clearly doesnt want to be in NO and he let's it be known every chance

RT @ChaseNCashe: Send @elfrid to the Pelicans for Eric Gordon
— Tuh. Knee. Shuh. (@MsLightBright) June 27, 2014

IDK how to embed tweets on NT but this is pretty much a tweet Gordon Favorited saying that he should have been sent to ORL for Elfrid
What return are they possibly expecting for Austin Rivers? I wouldn't mind buying low as a hypothetical GM.

I disagree. Rondo makes everyone around him better. Boston hasn't truly tried to build around him since dismantling Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen. Their player personnel has been lackadaisical since. I'm done hearing the trade rumors, "selfish assists" allegations, and rumored maturity issues. Because his game is not predicated on scoring or physical attributes per se, it's not out of the question Rondo performs at a satisfactory level for another 8-10 years.
What return are they possibly expecting for Austin Rivers? I wouldn't mind buying low as a hypothetical GM.

I think it's just too far in to try and build around him I think he'd be a great piece but I wouldn't start a rebuild around a 28yr old rondo and his physical attributes have a lot to do with his success IMO once he slows down a bit it could get real ugly

if he was 24-25 absolutely

try and get a decent return on dude and build from there is what I would do

Didn't they say last year Rondo didn't want to be in Boston anymore?
I didn't hear that, but wouldn't blame him. They float his name in trade rumors every summer when he's far and away the best talent on the roster. Get him some help. All he needs is complimentary pieces in the form of shooters.

I think it's just too far in to try and build around him I think he'd be a great piece but I wouldn't start a rebuild around a 28yr old rondo and his physical attributes have a lot to do with his success IMO once he slows down a bit it could get real ugly

if he was 24-25 absolutely

try and get a decent return on dude and build from there is what I would do
exactly but the thing is what great decent player can you get for him? for the most part the better teams and playoff teams have a good pg or a established pg.... outside of the heat and the pacers. And most younger teams probably dont wanna trade young talent for a pg that is pretty much in the peak of his career.

At best i could see a team who is kinda like a few moves away from being a playoff team, or a team that has alot of picks...and ainge will do pretty much what philly is doing and just stockpile picks

Didn't they say last year Rondo didn't want to be in Boston anymore?
he might as well said it... most interviews i heard him saying things like i want to be apart of a winning situation, im in my prime and wanna play with greats/established players, i wanna go back to winning basketball...

granted this could be his way of saying i want ainge etc... to bring in some vets and/or a big marque player, but imo i think he was implying he wants to be moved, and with the smart pickup seems like the c's agree

Where did this bosh for lowry come from?

none other than our ol' pal Ric Bucher :lol:

On Thursday evening, in the midst of the draft, Bleacher Report's Ric Bucher has received word of an explosive potential development:

Yes, Lowry could opt not to return to the Toronto Raptors after leading them to an unlikely playoff berth last season, instead taking his talents to South Beach to join the Miami Heat. Then All-Star Chris Bosh would leave Miami and return to the Raptors, where he began his career.

Man Rondo is going to be racking up triple-doubles on some other team next season :frown:

Would have done Payton for EG with the quickness. Hometown kid too.

Gordon just going to get fat, fake injuries and give you a 25 point performance every once in a while to show other teams he still got it.

Don't understand why you wouldn't wanna play with Anthony Davis going forward but I digress.

Last edited:
exactly but the thing is what great decent player can you get for him? for the most part the better teams and playoff teams have a good pg or a established pg.... outside of the heat and the pacers. And most younger teams probably dont wanna trade young talent for a pg that is pretty much in the peak of his career.

At best i could see a team who is kinda like a few moves away from being a playoff team, or a team that has alot of picks...and ainge will do pretty much what philly is doing and just stockpile picks
Indiana would be the right fit, but the Pacers don't have enticing pieces to lure Boston.

he might as well said it... most interviews i heard him saying things like i want to be apart of a winning situation, im in my prime and wanna play with greats/established players, i wanna go back to winning basketball...

granted this could be his way of saying i want ainge etc... to bring in some vets and/or a big marque player, but imo i think he was implying he wants to be moved, and with the smart pickup seems like the c's agree
Human nature adjusting from a core of KG, Ray, Truth to the sorry cast he has now.

Celtics might have just drafted the next rondo.

Ship him.

I'm sure they could pick up a few decent pieces from a team who's enamored with the name.

I'm trading Rondo for assets and he's one of my favorite players.

Smart ain't going to give you the same level of IQ and passing but he can do everything else as well or better than Rondo.

Kid is going to be a DOG on defense, you can't not love the intensity he plays with.

The flopping would make Chris Paul blush however. :lol:

Indiana would be the right fit, but the Pacers don't have enticing pieces to lure Boston.
Human nature adjusting from a core of KG, Ray, Truth to the sorry cast he has now.
same with the rockets or even the mavs who could use a rondo but they really dont have much for the c's in terms of young talent or an established player (outside parsons, beverley....) And the mavs dont really have much either.

I mean the pelicans and/or hornets would benefit from him...but i doubt either team would wanna trade picks or young talent and i doubt they could get rondo to resign.

same with the rockets or even the mavs who could use a rondo but they really dont have much for the c's in terms of young talent or an established player (outside parsons, beverley....) And the mavs dont really have much either.

I mean the pelicans and/or hornets would benefit from him...but i doubt either team would wanna trade picks or young talent and i doubt they could get rondo to resign.
Harden is ball-dominant though. You can't play Rondo off the ball or sit him in crunch time.

Lance, Evan, Copeland for Rondo works financial wise. :lol:

Evan is expiring, Cope is cheap, and Lance can become an asset.

Indiana gets their ideal PG and they can either move hill to the 2 or ship him off for another 2.

Sign and trade Lance + picks to Boston for Rondo :nerd:

Ship Rondo to Sac Town for Stauskas, picks, and someone else?

Detroit for Greg Monroe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom