2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.... if yall wanna keep it real, most basketball shoes that are sold will never touch the basketball court. dudes who hoop (at least in tampa and miami) always seem to wear either crazy lights/d. roses, hyperdunks, kobes (by far the most popular), kds, under armours, or some random jordan (which usually is a symbol that the person cant really play well). youll have some lebrons sprinkled in here or there but cuz of the price im sure people arent trying to hoop in em.

those are like the only basketball shoes that seem to really matter. the drose shoes are waaaaaaaay too narrow for the average player. hyperdunks are cheap but have good cushioning, kobes are the hype shoe (with performance to match), under armours are the slept on performance shoe cuz they dont look appealing, KDs are hit and miss, jordans usually suck. so there really arent that many "big-man" shoes out there to make a statement like that.

i don't know why you suddenly shifted the conversation to last 10-15 years. 
because when did big men ever do big numbers especially as of recently?

nerd.gif

ill wait
I just gave you 4 examples. That cliche has been spouted out since the advent of signature sneakers. If the big man is charismatic enough and the shoe design is dope enough, he'll move some shoes. 

Signature sneakerlines have only recently picked up steam in the past 5 years or so. Even lebron wasn't doing these current sneaker numbers in his first few years. The sneaker that even ressurected nike basketball was not a signature shoe it was the hyperdunk.

So at this point you're just rambling to justify your point, which has been shown to not be true, putting all sorts of random caveats in your argument.

where did i ignore the names you gave me...? i agreed with the list

i said as of recent lets say 10 years?... none

Lebron isnt considered strictly a big man but his shoes are definitely big man shoes
while in general i agree with ur statement. the 11s definitely were made for the guard position. the choice of cushioning wasnt even geared towards real basketball play much less a big man. id describe it as mushy. u just sink into it in every step. theres no hard or springy response from it. the 12s arent out yet but look to have the exact same trash cushioning. i need another big man shoe with the full length bubble so i can play again. my Xs have all run out of traction

Yeah I agree the Lebron XI seems more like a guard shoe, it has big man shoe characteristics though like Foamposite and a full length Zoom and Lunarlon mix

Its kinda like a pre Hyper lines guard shoe

Last edited:
Haven't bought or been interested in any new basketball sneakers since Bron II's.

Jordan's I-XIII > everything since.

Endless lulz :lol:

We've all seen it before, but I had to bring it back up after the newest highlight reel for Harden on defense.

Last edited:
Ol' Oladip'
pimp.gif

Tired of lookin down at my floridian brethren
mean.gif

Hopefully they bounce back from losin that clown... to birth the new shaquille's, penny's, and mac's
smokin.gif

I don't blame Rondo if he indeed wants out but with him 100% and training camp with the young celtics. They have a legit chance in the east to make 8th seed. If I was rondo, id demand the max from Boston if they want to rebuild around me.

I don't blame Rondo if he indeed wants out but with him 100% and training camp with the young celtics. They have a legit chance in the east to make 8th seed. If I was rondo, id demand the max from Boston if they want to rebuild around me.

They handled the draft and free agency horribly.

Going after Smart with the 6th pick. Then signing Bradley to 4 years $8mil per average.

What the hell were they thinking.

You do one or the other. Both is just wasting things.

They are not a Free Agency hub, so they kind of dug that hole deeper than they should have with Rondo

So apparently Nike is giving kyrie a sig shoe with the matching gear and apparel this Jan.

They handled the draft and free agency horribly.

Going after Smart with the 6th pick. Then signing Bradley to 4 years $8mil per average.

What the hell were they thinking.

You do one or the other. Both is just wasting things.

They are not a Free Agency hub, so they kind of dug that hole deeper than they should have with Rondo

Your spot on, my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom