2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
They handled the draft and free agency horribly.

Going after Smart with the 6th pick. Then signing Bradley to 4 years $8mil per average.

What the hell were they thinking.

You do one or the other. Both is just wasting things.

They are not a Free Agency hub, so they kind of dug that hole deeper than they should have with Rondo

Bradley and Smart are combo guards and can play together. I see nothing wrong with either move. Rondo clearly isn't in their plans long term.

Going after Smart with the 6th pick. Then signing Bradley to 4 years $8mil per average.

They are not a Free Agency hub, so they kind of dug that hole deeper than they should have with Rondo

Bradley and Smart are combo guards and can play together. I see nothing wrong with either move. Rondo clearly isn't in their plans long term.

Rondo should be.

Both can't shoot a lick.

In a vacuum each by themselves is fine. But both is basically just getting the same player twice.

I'd even have no problem with both of them, but $8mil a year for Bradley. Is all bad, especially after drafting Smart.

If Rondo wasn't in long term plans, they didn't start off well.

If Rondo isn't in their plans (debateable) and Smart is the primary ball handler (should be), then a Smart-Bradley combo can work because Bradley is a good off ball slasher and catch and shoot player.

That's how I saw it. I don't think Bradley/Smart conflict at all.

Rondo is clearly the odd man out. They should force whoever wants him to take Green too.

I don't blame Rondo if he indeed wants out but with him 100% and training camp with the young celtics. They have a legit chance in the east to make 8th seed. If I was rondo, id demand the max from Boston if they want to rebuild around me.
I'd be fed up if I was Rondo. Ainge and the FO constantly float his name in trade talks without being decisive. It's like his status with the franchise is always in limbo. Yet he's far and away the Celtics' best player/leader. Vast playoff experience. Defends, plays team basketball. If you don't want or appreciate Rondo, let him go for a haul of assets.

Agreed, my man. I said right after the draft, Ainge botched this class. Smart isn't the player/PG many of you think he can be, IMO. I prefer Payton and didn't think Boston should have went PG at all. Rondo and Bradley is a strong defensive starting backcourt. Especially if you give the latter $32M over 4 years. The Celtics also signed Evan Turner, not sure how he fits with or behind Jeff Green. Rather have selected Rodney Hood to groom behind Green for a year or two.

Bradley is only 23 and an elite perimeter defender. Perfect fit for the Bulls before the contract extension.

rondo for drummond
Dude, Dre is 7 years younger than Rondo.

If Rondo isn't in their plans (debateable) and Smart is the primary ball handler (should be), then a Smart-Bradley combo can work because Bradley is a good off ball slasher and catch and shoot player.
Bradley has really taken major strides to improve his outside jumper since Texas.

I'd 100% want to be traded if I was Rondo. Otherwise, he faces a real risk of basically wasting what's left of his prime playing for what will be a perennial lottery team. Barring a miracle, the Celts won't be a playoff team for years. Don't blame a guy who is used to competing for NBA and conference championships for not wanting to deal with that.

I'd 100% want to be traded if I was Rondo. Otherwise, he faces a real risk of basically wasting what's left of his prime playing for what will be a perennial lottery team. Barring a miracle, the Celts won't be a playoff team for years. Don't blame a guy who is used to competing for NBA and conference championships for not wanting to deal with that.
Indiana was ideal years ago, but they lack the enticing assets. Orlando is within conference but could make it work starting with Payton. Charlotte could create a package with Kemba and other young talent. Detroit if they include Monroe.

Can't think of a Western Conference trade partner.

Indiana was ideal years ago, but they lack the enticing assets. Orlando is within conference but could make it work starting with Payton. Charlotte could create a package with Kemba and other young talent. Detroit if they include Monroe.

Can't think of a Western Conference trade partner.

Me neither. Most of the top WC teams are already set at PG, except the Rockets and Mavs. But I'm not sure what either of those teams could offer for Rondo now that would be attractive to the Celtics.

Detroit is interesting. If was the GM there, I'd definitely put in a call to Ainge.

Me neither. Most of the top WC teams are already set at PG, except the Rockets and Mavs. But I'm not sure what either of those teams could offer for Rondo now that would be attractive to the Celtics.

Detroit is interesting. If was the GM there, I'd definitely put in a call to Ainge.
Curious what Bower has to offer post-Dumars. A lot banks on SVG. Rondo feeding Dre is very ideal for both players. KCP as a spot-up shooter. Slide Smoove to the 4, his natural position away from the perimeter. Start Caron Butler at SF or ask for Green in the package if you're willing to include more than Monroe outgoing.

[h1]Steven Adams: 22 Answers From Media Session[/h1]
Steven Adams On…

Sneaky strong athletes:

“One of them is Anthony Davis, as well as DeAndre Jordan – but the hardest guy to guard is Al Jefferson, he’s a unit, same with Dwight Howard.”

Al Jefferson:

“When he catches the ball I just don’t know what to do, like honestly he scored on me like six straight times, I looked at my coach like “what should I do, what should I do” and he was like “I dunno. Figure it out””

Meeting Serge Ibaka:

“Yeah I dunno what he was saying – his English is terrible, trying to guess most of his conversations”

Who gets hyped before games:

“Nick Collison’s a hype man, he gets pumped up, smashes the walls, all that.”

Being labelled as annoying:

“Its unfair, I didn’t even do anything, they get upset, what do you want me to do? I don’t go out there to go “Oh, I’m going to piss this guy off”, I just play really hard.”

The inconsistencies of the regular season:

“It’s so up and down, one night you can have 20 and the next you have 2, so I judge my performances on the three things my coach tells me to do – running, defence and rebounding.”

Potentially being more involved in the offence this season:

I honestly have no idea, it’s all a part of the offence and KD and Russell are no scrubs at scoring so we’ll see.
Link

Last edited:
 [h1]Steven Adams: 22 Answers From Media Session[/h1]
Steven Adams On…

Al Jefferson:

“When he catches the ball I just don’t know what to do, like honestly he scored on me like six straight times, I looked at my coach like “what should I do, what should I do” and he was like “I dunno. Figure it out”"
that's so Scott Brooks 
laugh.gif

I'll be pretty happy if the Grizz can acquire Joe Ingles. Always liked his game and he's having a good World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom