2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Rose make Team USA this summer over Lillard?
1.gif

THIS KILLED ME! :rofl:

Deron Williams is such a joke. It's hilarious that the Brooklyn Nets have to pay this fat, balding, and broken down bozo. Who might I add, publicly said he doesn't even like playing in New York.

Dude is so finished and he doesn't even care :lol:

Brooklyn has to blow all that up man.

Deron aint fat

i agree hes not playing like he should. i have no answer for that. i was in love with dudes game back in the Jazz days. so sad how he fell off :smh:

He was a top PG, he changed teams, systems, and was injured. Now he's on the wrong side of 30 but he's still a solid PG if he can be healthy.

It's not like he was a multiple MVP that suddenly became a benchwarmer :lol: He got older and that's what happens.

Deron Williams is such a joke. It's hilarious that the Brooklyn Nets have to pay this fat, balding, and broken down bozo. Who might I add, publicly said he doesn't even like playing in New York.

Dude is so finished and he doesn't even care :lol:

Brooklyn has to blow all that up man.

DAMN :rofl:

Watching the 1998 All-Star game on nba tv. Only people still playing from that game are Kobe and garnett. Bill Walton was saying how Kobe has trouble finishing off the dribble but good at spot up shooting. Cool to see GP, MJ, Grant Hill, Kobe, and Penny all on the floor at the same time.
You forgot timmy

My bad. Sorry to Tim for forgetting him. I only watched 8-10 minutes of the 1st quarter and didn't see him subbed in or on the bench.

this pic cracks me up b

140928231312-dwyane-wade-chris-bosh-celebrate.home-t3.jpg

It be just like that with the chicks sometimes 'just do ittttttt'

I really like what LeBron is trying to become. He has spoken out publicly against social injustice, Trayvon Martin, Sterling, Danny Ferry, and has been winning while doing it, then also selling shoes to boot. He kind of proves that you can have a public position as a modern athlete, and then still remain popular on Madison Avenue. His game isn't what I am personally used to and then appreciate, like the beauty, power and finesse of a Dr. J, Air Jordan, but he does improve every year, and he has his own game, not emulating the playing style and career of one player in particular.

LeBron is a different guy, and I kinda dig that. It's fresh, kind of quirky, as he is going to make hair transplants popular now it seems, but he seems to be a good guy, a good father, and is loyal to his friends, bringing them up into success with his own rise.

So with so many throughout this thread knocking him, calling him this and that, I kinda look harder, and then look at his peers and what they are really about. No other athlete in this era has actually tried to take the baton that was passed from Dr. J to Bird and Magic, then on to Jordan, who made the game global, clearly willing to stand up as an ambassador to the game, both on and off the court other than LeBron. Kobe didn't do it, Duncan didn't do it either, with the former clearly having issues speaking out against social injustices in the Black community, and the latter hardly saying anything about anything, let alone even talking about basketball.

So as a player, yeah, LeBron does merit some criticism, but as an athlete?

I think he is right on time, and then is very much needed, especially as a socially conscious Black man, a husband and father, when we have TMZ lurking around every corner. 
LOL.

Joint sounds like you wanna nominate him for sainthood. FOH with this **** g.

It's good he spoke out on those issues, I'm with him on all of that...but let's not make him out to be Muhammad ******* Ali. He is a basketball icon & a brand before anything else. It ain't like any of those things you mentioned had any real chance of ******* his money up.

And dude ***** thots on the side like any regular _, man.
laugh.gif

I don't think he's ever been a bad guy by the way, so there's that.

Last edited:

LOL.

It's good he spoke out on those issues, I'm with him on all of that...but let's not make him out to be Muhammad ******* Ali. He is a basketball icon & a brand before anything else. It ain't like any of those things you mentioned had any real chance of ******* his money up.

laugh.gif

Looks like ronny mightta' lost a few pounds too, and I hope he doesn't really have any plans on ballin' in these kicks 
laugh.gif

Preseason in 6 days
Seems like the offseason dragged on

I feel the opposite. Seems like the offseason flew by. I guess it depends on how busy you were during the summer
Putting a white logo on that black Warriors jersey is a terrible idea. Should've put a gold logo and called it a day.

Last edited:

LOL.

laugh.gif

Not sainthood, but even Cassius Clay had to learn how to become Muhammad Ali.

You must remember, even Ali had his detractors, as he was once the most hated black athlete in the country due to his stance on white america, the vietnam war, and then his participation in the Nation of Islam.

Muhammad laid plenty of pipe along the way as well, as this is well documented.

All LeBron did was to leave Cleveland for Miami, so it may be easier for him to find out who Lebron James can actually be, then having a positive impact on the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom