2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully, He and Walton my two favorite old timer announcers.
Now that the Lakers suck, Bill Walton might be bearable to listen to.
Who is he doing games for now?

When we had Walton do our local broadcasts for the Kings with Napear, it was straight lulz 
laugh.gif

Also, I sort of miss this..... who am I kidding, I really miss this.

Walton is the GOAT commentator. Used to love when he did the Clippers games with Ralph Lawler. Nothing like the Red Head talking about the "brilliance" that is Michael Olowokandi.

Since we are Bill Waltoning right now, there is a clip that I can not find anywhere. I have told this story before hoping someone could find it, but here goes:

--ESPN had just got the rights to broadcasting NBA games and John Saunders and Bill Walton were on the call. This was the first year Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson was in Philadelphia. 76ers vs Bucks in Milwaukee is the scene.

Big Dog takes a wild running shot in the lane that misses terribly

John Saunders -- with a wild shot like that Bill, it looks like Big Dog Robinson is trying to relive his Old Milwaukee days

Bill Walton - with a wild shot like that it looks like Big Dog had an Old Milwaukee before the game!!!!

I laughed at that a good 15 minutes but this was before the DVR days, and that VCR tape is long gone...

S shoeking2101 What are you doing for the Clips PR/marketing work? Been trying like hell to get on with the Lakers myself in some capacity.

Last edited:
Just checked my guide, it's gonna be on NBATV. Thanks for the link though

Yeah, sometimes I don't bother mentioning NBA TV because about 75% of the time I mention it to anyone online, I get a slew of "I don't have NBA TV" responses. I don't know where these people live, but it can't be anywhere good.

Just checked my guide, it's gonna be on NBATV. Thanks for the link though

Yeah, sometimes I don't bother mentioning NBA TV because about 75% of the time I mention it to anyone online, I get a slew of "I don't have NBA TV" responses. I don't know where these people live, but it can't be anywhere good.

gotta have higher packages (more expensive) to get NBA tv these days

comcast is a damn ripoff and i pay wayyy too much but at least i got NBA, NFL, and MLB tv

Don't know anything about this Milt Newton dude, but dude sounds like he has no idea wtf he's saying 
laugh.gif

S shoeking2101 What are you doing for the Clips PR/marketing work? Been trying like hell to get on with the Lakers myself in some capacity.

I actually considered the marketing department for the Clips but ended up in the Community relations department with them at the last minute. But, basically i'm in the community service department so I make appearances within the community on the Clippers behalf, at Toy Drives, Food Give aways, Reading to kids, all that NBA Cares stuff along with making sure that throughout the year, every player on the team keeps up with and maintains their contractual obligations with regards to their public appearances, signature signings, and things of that nature (which was mostly taken care of for the most part today)

Jesus Christ why do the Pacers keep letting Hibbert get on the mic.

He talks way too much. Always saying the wrong thing. Just zip that dude up Pacers, do yourselves a favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom