2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockets really took a dump this free agency.
They really got shafted by the way the chips fell.

Atleast they don't have Lin and Asik anymore, since the Houston fans hated on them so much.
All those guys on those Cavaliers team had roles

It was more of a sum is greater than the parts
SEE?! People LEGIT think that Cavs team was something! 
laugh.gif
That Cavs team was a dope team. A good team. They were like a poor mans OKC now, but they played A1 D.

That TEAM was good, period.

They would have beat anybody in the West the year they lost to the Spurs

Right or wrong?

Anthony Morrow's best moments have always come on teams

1) playing for nothing or
2) depleted at the wings

I think he will play the role Cook played for OKC a few years back, though.

OKC posters, do you think it will hurt not having more of a 3-D guy at SG if Morrow was to start?

Last edited:
I think Houston was a bad fit simply because Melo needed to be on a great defensive team. In Chicago with Thibs, Butler, Gibson, Noah, defense would have been an after thought for him. He could focus on his biggest asset, which is scoring. In Houston, he would be playing with a ball dominant guard in Harden and would have to share the block with Dwight and T Jones.

In Chicago, he had an elite passing big man, an elite defense, an elite coach. In Houston, I don't think he would have put them over the top in the West. Bosh would have been the best fit in Houston going forward.

I do agree that Bosh was the better fit for Houston as well, but i never thought Melo would've gotten along with Thibs.

I guess melo is content with having no ring. Can't blame him though. 30 mil a year is hard to turn down.
Melo will be playing when hes 40. This is not his last contract deal.

Phil will still be with the Knicks (if he's alive Godspeed), so he has plenty of time for a Trophy and a Ring guys, because NY has plenty of time for Phil and Fisher to implement that Triangle.

Ring in NY before Chicago, Clippers, Wizards

I guess melo is content with having no ring. Can't blame him though. 30 mil a year is hard to turn down.
Phil will still be with the Knicks (if he's alive Godspeed), so he has plenty of time for a Trophy and a Ring guys, because NY has plenty of time for Phil and Fisher to implement that Triangle.

I like you. You're a good guy.

:lol:

Lebron wanted those guys and they worked with his skill set

The same way he wants Mike Miller and Troy Daniels, they work with his skill set

I'm sure LeBron wanted a lot of things, the best the Cavs could surround him with was simply just average at best. Front office didn't get the job done in 7 years. They didn't have any lottery picks after Luke Jackson, which also hurt them (wasn't anyone's fault, just fact).

You're making it out to be that LeBron specifically asked for these guys and shunned other possibilities.

Was his supporting cast Bosh and Wade level? Heck no

Could the Cavaliers Front office have done better? Yes

But lets not act like they constantly give Lebron, pieces of **** as presents

Those dudes were meant to complement his skill set

They doing it now too

Like who is clamoring for Troy Daniels?

That guy will eat off Lebron's style of play but if you put him with most teams he'll be a non factor

What if Melo went to CHI like all you **** boys wanted and Rose tears something else again? NT would flip the script real quick. "Thats what he gets for teaming up with Grant Hill 2.0"

Would it be Melo's fault also? That he just put his faith in a guy that can get injured tomorrow at any second.

Resigning with the knicks was the safest and smartest option. Considering the teams he chose.

When Melo gets old he can still be a knockdown shooter somewhere, so it's all about the money right now for him :lol:

Damn, thats REALLY optimistic :lol:

What if Melo went to CHI like all you **** boys wanted and Rose tears something else again? NT would flip the script real quick. "Thats what he gets for teaming up with Grant Hill 2.0"

Would it be Melo's fault also? That he just put his faith in a guy that can get injured tomorrow at any second.

Resigning with the knicks was the safest and smartest option. Considering the teams he chose.

All of this.

Was his supporting cast Bosh and Wade level? Heck no

Could the Cavaliers Front office have done better? Yes

But lets not act like they constantly give Lebron, pieces of **** as presents

Those dudes were meant to complement his skill set

They doing it now too

Like who is clamoring for Troy Daniels?

That guy will eat off Lebron's style of play but if you put him with most teams he'll be a non factor
Dude, who said LeBron's support were pieces of ****?
laugh.gif
I said they were average.

Again, you are implying that LeBron specifically asked for those guys, like he could have had better talent but settled on them.

Damn, thats REALLY optimistic
laugh.gif
His game though, Its below the rim and from a 3pt(pass shoot or dribble) stance. 

He can do this all day at 40

And what if nobody wants to sign with the New York Knicks in 2015 and 2016? Or what if all the prize free agents decide to sign extensions with their original teams? Would it be Melo's fault also? That he just put his faith in the possibility of guys being persuaded by Phil? "Thats what he gets for taking all the money and an uncertain future"

What if's work both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom