2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston decided that the contract was too constraining to future roster building to keep Chandler Parsons. He goes to Mavs now.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)

July 13, 2014

Rockets were torn over decision, source said, but ultimately decided they would not be a championship team and would have no room to build.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen)

July 13, 2014

The decision largely came down to whether the Rockets were good enough with a big three of Harden, Howard and Parsons.
— Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen)

July 13, 2014

Washington and Houston have agreed to a sign-and-trade for Trevor Ariza, league source tells Yahoo. Wizards get $8.5M trade exception.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA)

July 13, 2014

Someone has to tell me who this competent GM Washington has running the show right now? Not sure where Grunfeld is, and I really don't care.

2 years ago, The Heat had just beat the Thunder in the NBA Finals and it looked like the Heat would win 4 straight championships

Wade was still an All-NBA caliber player

Derrick Rose was still an MVP candidate

The Lakers had a top 3 player in Kobe and had traded to get Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and were going to be a contender

Things will always change for better or worse

Lebron isn't the first hyper athletic guy and he isnt immune to change

The overwhelming majority of NBA superstars see a decline around the age of 32

And all 3 of those dudes have/had serious health issues...

LeBron has nothing other than a few cramps here and there.

I won't even get into the skill set thing, because I don't want people to get their panties in a bunch.

:lol: @ looking like they would win 4 straight, you guys kill me.

Duncan is 58 and his per 36 %'s are basically identical to when he was in his prime.

Not every NBA player just turns to dust once they hit 32, :lol:

Nash is another dude who was basically declared dead and he produced at an extremely high level into his late 30's.

What do you think happens to you as you age?

:lol: Come on!

You're going to bring up some advanced PER 36 minutes stat to try to pretend Duncan is the same player that he was when he was in prime

I never said all of them, I just said the overwhelming majority of them do

Steve Nash? :lol:

I don't know what's up with him, he's the only player I can think of that got "better" in his 30s

I think it has something to do with system he was playing in

Last edited:
Parsons got overpaid by 3-4 million a year max.

A difference making piece wasn't going to be acquired with 3-4 million in cap space that couldn't be acquired with an exception.

And we took the 3rd best player from a division rival.

I'm all in on the Parsons deal just like that :lol:

I still wanted to see Lance make em dance tho

Finally a get to watch the Bulls in my area.
All I want is to watch McDermott. Thanks you basketball Gods

I'm anxious to see him ball too. Bulls will be kinda nice with Mc D's, rose, pau, noah, butler, squad can be legit

Bulls adding Pau, Mirotic, dougie, rose back and the development of snell and butler? the favs in the east imo.

Last edited:
Parsons is not a 20 5 5 guy on a contending team

He's also definitely not a max guy

The Mavs may be improved but you shouldn't hang your hat on taking the Spurs to 7 games especially when your core players aren't ascending players besides Parsons

2 years ago, The Heat had just beat the Thunder in the NBA Finals and it looked like the Heat would win 4 straight championships

The Lakers had a top 3 player in Kobe and had traded to get Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and were going to be a contender

I won't even get into the skill set thing, because I don't want people to get their panties in a bunch.

Duncan is 58 and his per 36 %'s are basically identical to when he was in his prime.

Nash is another dude who was basically declared dead and he produced at an extremely high level into his late 30's.

You're going to bring up some advanced PER 36 minutes stat to try to pretend Duncan is the same player that he was when he was in prime

I don't know what's up with him, he's the only player I can think of that got "better" in his 30s

Dude, not everybody gets seriously injured once they hit 30, stop being ridiculous.

But I'm done w/ this stupid back and forth because it's obv you have something against LeBron.

Maybe your iLLo's brother? :nerd:

Love ya, iLLo :tongue:

I'll put 1k on LeBron winning an MVP after the age of 32, barring injury, and I don't even want you to put up a cent because I know nobody on this site pays their debts anyway.

I'll literally give you the free roll.

Screen cap and hope that I don't die in the next few years, :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl:

i have no idea what you're talking about.

have a great day.

let him and his blunt be....
He's getting ready for his nba GM meeting.......:lol:

Lol @ the godfather reference..
pat riley put an orange in his mouth and died in the garden.. :lol:

Last edited:
Bulls adding Pau, Mirotic, dougie, rose back and the development of snell and butler? the favs in the east imo.

All depends on rose health and if he dont go down again

I cant wait to see bulls fans rip into pau like they did boozer lol

Dude, not everybody gets seriously injured once they hit 30, stop being ridiculous.

But I'm done w/ this stupid back and forth because it's obv you have something against LeBron.

I'll put 1k on LeBron winning an MVP after the age of 32 and I don't even want you to put up a cent because I know nobody on this site pays their debts anyway.

:lol:

I'm not holding stuff against him, Im just using logic

Don't worry about all those bets because if he doesn't win an MVP after 32 you'll just spin it like a typical poster or stop posting

I cannot wait for this season to start. Watch wade and bosh flourish :smokin wade back to 23 a game again every game hopefully :smokin

I think wade relied on lebron alot. next season i have a feeling he's going to play with a major chip on his shoulder.

I don't see how people are optimistic on the Mavs moves. Tyson Chandler is old, injured and washed up. He's been a shell of what he was when he was on the 2011 Mavs for the past couple of years. He can't move anymore, can't finish like he used to on the pick and roll, and is exposed nightly by younger, stronger guys. Let us not forget that burger Hibbert put up all-star numbers against Chandler in the playoffs.

Not sold on Parsons, either. Think he's overpaid and got a lot of 3rd option buckets on the Rockets last year. We'll see how he does but I don't think the looks will be the same unless he's playing the same 3rd option role on the Mavs again.

I'll put 1k on LeBron winning an MVP after the age of 32 and I don't even want you to put up a cent because I know nobody on this site pays their debts anyway.

:lol:

I'm not holding stuff against him, Im just using logic

Don't worry about all those bets because if he doesn't win an MVP after 32 you'll just spin it like a typical poster or stop posting

You were funnier when you only made homesexual innuendos and used a 10 question marks. Go back to that.

nerd.gif

Food for thought.

Mavericks were 8th in the NBA last year in 3PM. Second in 3P% behind San Antonio.

Calderon (191/45%) and Vince Carter (146/39%) accounted for 46.7% of those threes.

Thus far, the only player we've brought in that shoots threes is Chandler Parsons, who hit a decent 37% of them.

Opportunities will be there with Dirk on the wings, Monta and Harris attacking the basket, but still need another shooter.

Too bad Morrow went to the Thunder. Would've loved him in Dallas again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom