2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
View media item 1076640

"LeBron lost in the NBA Finals in '07, '11, and '14.

He announced his return to Cleveland on 7/11/14.

7 + 11 + 14 = 32, the number that he will be wearing next season in Cleveland.

LeBron wore 23 in Cleveland. 6 in Miami. And will wear 32 in his return to Cleveland.

(2x3) = 6 / 6 / (3x2) = 6 ---> 666 "

:wow:
****** be having too much time

Finally a get to watch the Bulls in my area.
All I want is to watch McDermott. Thanks you basketball Gods

I'm anxious to see him ball too. Bulls will be kinda nice with Mc D's, rose, pau, noah, butler, squad can be legit

Man McDermott is going to show out this year. That DRose penetrate and kick, Heinrich as his back up, McDermott lucky.
Hands down ROY favorite

Just cant get down with Bron in #32

Just like I couldnt get use to Kobe in #24

Gotta be some advance statistics Morey can use to prove they had a good off season.
fdslhsa;lk;sgsdgdf

Cuban hit Morey with the

He's also part of the #neverforget squad. This was definitely in the works for a while...
Never say Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey didn't try.

While appearing on a panel at the 2014 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Morey admitted that he phoned Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban about a possible Dirk Nowitzki trade over the summer.

From Pro Basketball Talk's Brett Pollakoff:
“This is where my emotion takes over,” Morey said. “I go into a complete panic. I really did. I thought it was down to us, Dallas, L.A.”

So Morey called Mark Cuban to try and poach his franchise superstar.

“I was like, ‘Well, you’re not getting Dwight Howard. Can you trade us Dirk Nowitzki?’” Morey said. “It was a bad moment for me.”

A really bad moment, considering that Howard had already informed Dallas that he was signing elsewhere, even though Morey hadn’t been made aware of his decision just yet.
Morey's desperation was apparently in response to the Golden State Warriors' acquisition of Andre Iguodala. He thought his arrival made the Warriors favorites to land Dwight Howard.

The Warriors didn't have the cap space to sign Howard outright, but they had the assets necessary to broker a sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers. Iguodala arguably made someone like Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes expendable, so his fear wasn't necessarily unfounded. 

But what Morey did was gutsy, if not completely ignorant.

Nowitzki is about as untouchable a player there is in the NBA. No matter what Morey was offering Dallas, some part of him had to know that Cuban wasn't going to deal him.

Not to mention his initial approach was somewhat tactless.

Reminding or informing Cuban that he was going to miss out on Howard would never help advance negotiations. All it was ever going to do was send Cuban into a fit of rage.

Which is exactly what it did.

Back in November, Cuban told ESPN Dallas' Tim MacMahon about Morey's Nowitzki-related inquiry, and Cuban wasn't happy.

"Definitely. And I don't blame them," Cuban said when asked if he thought Houston was rubbing its acquisition of Howard in his face. "That's fine. But payback is a b---h."
Seriously though...I don't mind Morey swinging for the fences but he has to get called out when he ***** up, right? Because that hasn't happened enough over the years.

Also, from what I've read, there are GM's and other folks around the league that don't even pick up Morey's calls and are thrilled with his L's this offseason. Yikes.

Last edited:

laugh.gif
Augustine is such a lame I hate that dude. He just goes team to team every year. Hes also trash.

Be honest, you're jealous of his top 3 hairline.
New thread discussion: Top 5 hairlines in the NBA
lance-stephenson-goerge-hill.gif

Dj might have goat hairline, lineup, wave game connecting into beard/chin strap. Him or eddie house. Eddie house look like ghost from Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom