2014 NBA Summer League (Orlando: July 5-11) & (Las Vegas: July 11-21)

The average age of Burke, Burks, Exum, Favors, Gobert, Hayward, Hood and Kanter = 21.5. Hayward is the oldest at 24 and two months.

Your right, I made the dumb comment by saying relax on calling someone a future star after 25 mins of summer league.

Oh he was 5th? I guess that solidifies it

2000 - Mike Miller
2001 - Jason Richardson
2002 - Nikoloz Tskitishvili
2003 - Dwayne Wade
2004 - Devin Harris
2005 - Raymond Felton
2006 - Shelden Williams
2007 - Jeff Green
2008 - Kevin Love
2009 - Ricky Rubio
2010 - DeMarcus Cousins
2011 - Jonas valanciauns
2012 - Thomas Robinson
2013 - Alex Len

All 5th overall picks in the last decade plus.

I see 2 stars ( Wade + Love )

And one with potential ( Cousins )

Len it's too early.

Yea but your right, my comment was the dumb one.
So if someone watched Wade or Love play in their Summer League and felt that they had star potential, you would have been in here crying "It's too early guys!"

:lol: What are you even arguing.. stop while you're just slightly behind, and won't waste more time typing irrelevant lists.

Exum is going to be a star. Dude is 6'6, quick as hell, great handles, and he actually has legit PG skills

Magic lost for taking Gordon at #4

idk and, payton looked scary good towards the end of the orlando league

From what I've seen from Payton, Exum better be damn good to be better than him. Haven't watched the Utah game yet.

Unrelated but related - Wiggins is so damn skinny. Is he even lifting weights? Exum is bigger than him already and he turned 19 today.

Excuse my ignorance, but are summer leagues free to the public?

Looking to catch a game or two next weekend in Vegas.

28 bucks and you get all the games for the day. There's 2 courts that you can walk back and forth to. Well worth it

28 bucks and you get all the games for the day. There's 2 courts that you can walk back and forth to. Well worth it

Warning: Friday is the last full slate of games. Saturday has four, Sunday has two, then "championship" on Monday.

Just watched the Utah game. Exum can skate with or without that ball. I'm impressed.
I'm still liking Payton's overall game better, but Exum looks to be a more fluid distributor by more than a little bit.

Aaron Gordon pick was terrible cause it's gonna take him a min to develop an offensive game :smh:

Hate I missed exum game but everybody is saying good things so it must've been :pimp:

I just saw that Ben McElmore vid from a few pages back.

Guy plays defense like your teammates in MyCareer :smh:

Inexplicable Harris fell to #19.

Yes, I know this is just a meaningless summer league game.

Last edited:
Exum wasn't even that great last night...they way some of y'all talk sound like he had Gary Harris or KCP numbers :lol:

Still would rather have him than Gordon tho smh , Gordon sucks, n I ain't saying that just off summer league

Exum got that elite first step.

Watching all Jazz games next year, so much young talent on that squad.

Seriously, how did Harris fall that far. He projected well defensively and he's already crafty/polished with escape dribbles and off the dribble jumpers? The fundamentals are already in place offensively. Denver stays having above average but not star young guys.

Exum wasn't even that great last night...they way some of y'all talk sound like he had Gary Harris or KCP numbers :lol:

Still would rather have him than Gordon tho smh , Gordon sucks, n I ain't saying that just off summer league

No disrespect, but did you watch the entire game?

His numbers don't jump but he dominated in every possible way besides scoring. He's an nba starting pg right now

remember when Jerryd Bayless tore summer league up and won MVP and everyone was saying how on earth could OKC have taken Westbrook over him?

That taught me not to look at the numbers in summer league so much. It's purely an evaluation tool. Nothing more, nothing less. 

remember when Jerryd Bayless tore summer league up and won MVP and everyone was saying how on earth could OKC have taken Westbrook over him?

That taught me not to look at the numbers in summer league so much. It's purely an evaluation tool. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Especially second year guys who've spent one year in the NBA. They should be tearing it up in SL.

Wouldn't have said no

No disrespect, but did you watch the entire game?

His numbers don't jump but he dominated in every possible way besides scoring. He's an nba starting pg right now
wouldnt have said nothing if I ain't watch him...all I said was his game wasn't nothing to make me say star player or nba starting pg off of one summer league game ...it's fun to watch these dudes in the summer but every year ppl get carried away, summer league don't mean **** unless a player is an absolute disaster

its not about numbers, its how he ran that team.

Wiggins and Bennett will be on in 2 hours
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom