2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

I really hope Ells is ok..he's been a beast at lead off..jeter is hindering the lineup

If only Jeter could hit a ball out of the infield, we wouldn't be missing our hottest hitter in a series where we need to take all the easy wins we can get.

By the way, I really hate listening to the Yankees on the radio. It's horrible. It's like listening to paint dry. Minus the ridiculously corny HR calls which I enjoy, and THEEEEE YANKEES WIN, it is just 9 innings of boring, and what the hell is going on.

Final thing, my guy Bernie Williams gets no respect. Always Core 4, Core 4, and no Bernie :smh: He better get a plaque in monument park soon, he deserves it.

Last edited:
If they blow this lead... 
mean.gif

Bats has killed us this series/all year.

40-Man Roster Candidates for September Call-up.

They typically don't like to add people/drop people from the 40 man to make them September Call-ups, and most of the guys we'd do that for are 2B/SS, and doubtful that they do that with Jeter, Prado, Ryan & Drew on the roster. So no Pirela, Refsnyder,

In this order:

J.R. Murphy - C
Chase Whitley - RHP
Zolio Almonte - OF
Bryan Mitchell - RHP
Manny Banuelos – LHP
Austin Romine - C
Ramon Flores – OF
Matt Daley - RHP Was just placed on 7 day DL. Would likely have been called up. Still could be.
Preston Claiborne – RHP Injured, but rehabbing, could make it. Would have been a lock if healthy

Outman was acquired to keep us from having to bring up Lindgren. Cashman doesn't want to overwork him, and throw him to the wolves so soon.

If I had to pick one guy not on the 40man, it would be Pat Venditte. Matt Daley probably gets taken off for him.

Last edited:
God damn it...

Please just retire now.

I'm fine with not seeing another Derek Jeter at bat again.

Last edited:
Tired of this offense. Who are these guys wearing Pinstripes? They're certainly not the Bronx Bombers

Ellsbury has 37 stolen bases, and it went completely under the radar by me. I would have guessed like 20-21 SBs.

Gardner is 5th among LFs in WAR (Alex Gordon, Michael Brantley, Justin Upton & Christian Yelich are 1-4)
Ellsbury is 5th among CFs in WAR (Trout, McCutchen, Gomez, Jones)

If you take all OFers, Ells is 16th, Gardy 18th.

Headley T-11th among 3B. And statistically the best defensive 3B.
Teixeira is still Top 5 1B defensively.
McCann around Top 5 C defensively.

If you look at McCann last year and this year. 2013 Numbers first
G 102 -115
PA 402-449
AB 356-415
R 43-45
H 91-97
2B 13-15
HR 20-15
RBI 57-57
BB 39-27
Ks 66-67
BA .256 - .234
OBP .336 - .287
SLG .461 - .384
BABIP .261 - .245
Swings outside of strike zone 28.8% - 31.4%
Swings % 41.8% - 44.7%
His contact outside of the zone & inside of the zone are nearly identical.

From the looks of it, McCann needs to be a little bit more patient. That should bring him more walks and allow him to see better pitches, which should impact his H, 2B, HRs. He's being shifted on more, but he isn't being pitched differently. Even a slight change in approach and looking at more pitches should cure a lot of it for him. It isn't like they will throw McCann gimme pitches because he will take it out.

In 2008, his best season, he was swinging less at pitches in and out of the zone, but pitchers were throwing the ball similarly to him then and now in terms of how often they throw him pitches in the zone, which is always closest to the least amount for catchers.

Final stat... Ellsbury batting first .313 / .361 / .565 over 131 ABs. Ellsbury batting third .277 / .342 / .386 on 365 ABs. Yet has only been 1st in the order 10 times since May 11th :lol:

Last edited:
@Mrs_McCarthy32: Hackers would be super upset with my phone pictures... Unless they love westies and food, then they would be very very happy

@BMcCarthy32: @Mrs_McCarthy32 if u knew the time I took on lighting in those wiener pics then you'd know why I'm so hurt to hear you're not saving them

:rofl:

Gardner batting 3rd tonight. God damnit Joe we all know you know Jeter is a liability stop beating around the bush.

Back
Top Bottom