2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

@Mrs_McCarthy32: Hackers would be super upset with my phone pictures... Unless they love westies and food, then they would be very very happy

@BMcCarthy32: @Mrs_McCarthy32 if u knew the time I took on lighting in those wiener pics then you'd know why I'm so hurt to hear you're not saving them

:rofl:

She then went for the extreme low blow :rofl:

@Mrs_McCarthy32 : @BMcCarthy32 Once you master the up shot angle to make it bigger we will talk.. Keep practicing love

Last edited:
@Mrs_McCarthy32: Hackers would be super upset with my phone pictures... Unless they love westies and food, then they would be very very happy

@BMcCarthy32: @Mrs_McCarthy32 if u knew the time I took on lighting in those wiener pics then you'd know why I'm so hurt to hear you're not saving them

:rofl:

She then went for the extreme low blow :rofl:

@Mrs_McCarthy32 : @BMcCarthy32 Once you master the up shot angle to make it bigger we will talk.. Keep practicing love

Yikes :lol:

I would love to possibly keep him next year but I don't see it. I hope he goes out and gets a nice little multi-year deal in the NL :pimp:

When the season has added incentive (sans 09), this team ***** the bed.

2001.. obvious reason.
2008 with the Stadium closing, no playoffs.
2013 Mo retiring, no playoffs.
2014 Jeter retiring, at this rate... :frown:

Last edited:
That rundown :smh:

I smashed my head on my couch like Ace Ventura did at the Mental Asylum.

Last edited:
Would've been great to see Jeter play in a playoff series this season.
It's gonna happen
nerd.gif

It breaks my heart knowing that Derek Jeter last possible game will be played at Fenway Park

Can't believe you guys are the turning on the Captain like this! I know it's been a struggle to watch him hit weak grounders but this guy has given us so many memories over the years that in a weird way I can handle 25 more games of this

With his jersey being retired on Sunday, can we make this Derek Jeter Appreciation Week? Hell even Appreciation Month?

Can't believe you guys are the turning on the Captain like this! I know it's been a struggle to watch him hit weak grounders but this guy has given us so many memories over the years that in a weird way I can handle 25 more games of this

As Babe Ruth said "Yesterday's home runs do not win today's games."

I'm not going to defend a guy who comes up with runners on and you can almost predict he'll hit into a double play. He has no business batting second, especially when he is negatively impacting our 2 best hitters (Gardner & Ellsbury).

I don't even care about his defense. Strictly from an offensive perspective, he's horrible. Literally has been one of the worst hitters in the league, and I'm not even being sarcastic (I wish I was).

If he was batting 7th or 8th, I'd be so much easier on him because that's how he's hitting. Until then, he deserves all the criticism he gets for this season.

I can't wait until it's over. Same as with Posada, I couldn't wait until he was gone not because I hated him, but because watching him hit was getting depressing

Last edited:

With his jersey being retired on Sunday, can we make this Derek Jeter Appreciation Week? Hell even Appreciation Month?

This.

Jeter is the reason I started playing baseball & the reason I wear #2 in every sport I play. It's gonna be sad seeing my favorite athlete of all time hang up the cleats.

The memories are great. But I hate the stand that they are taking which is basically saying that his goodbye tour is more important than the success of the team. Playoffs should be the priority.

Back
Top Bottom